We In!

I'm not asking do we deserve to be in the tourney, but does Holly deserve it? This tourney entry probably gets her additional years when she should be gone. Get ready for more Holly.

D1910L0WwAEHYxG.jpg:large

According to what they say is leaked we play UCLA and are an 11 seed.

The one seeds are Miss St, Baylor, Louisville, and Notre Dame. If we beat UCLA Maryland is the high seed that would possibly be next.

According to what they say is leaked we play UCLA and are an 11 seed.

The one seeds are Miss St, Baylor, Louisville, and Notre Dame. If we beat UCLA Maryland is the high seed that would possibly be next.
Well...if this is the case, at least we don't get our hopes up that Tennessee makes a run in the tournament...

Reactions: WVU05UT09
UConn a #2 seed? Highly doubt that. But if this is the draw, there would be a lot of people rooting for Tennessee to make the S16.

If that is the actual bracket I think we have a chance at a first round upset. UCLA is definitely beatable, but they have a better coach and play more intense than we do. Would mean we would need to show up to play for real to beat them. Onyenwere is their primary threat along with Dean. Onyenwere is VERY undersized for her position and will have a tough time guarding in the paint, she is a monster on the glass and in transition though. We would have a mismatch somewhere for sure on defense, Dean is 5'6" on a good day. Any of our guards could post her up if Holly has half a brain. Doubt we see that though.

I think Maryland would be a tough game for us, don't think we could beat them to move to the Sweet 16, especially with them at home. We don't have anyone who can stop Charles and she thrives off of dribble drives which has been our Achilles heel all season. They have much better post play as well. They lost the BIG 10 championship because none of their bigs could guard Gustafson without fouling her and they spent most of the game on the bench. We haven't gotten any interior players in foul trouble all season.

I'm not convinced these are the actual match-ups though. We will see tonight.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If that is the actual bracket I think we have a chance at a first round upset. UCLA is definitely beatable, but they have a better coach and play more intense than we do. Would mean we would need to show up to play for real to beat them. Onyenwere is their primary threat along with Dean. Onyenwere is VERY undersized for her position and will have a tough time guarding in the paint, she is a monster on the glass and in transition though. We would have a mismatch somewhere for sure on defense, Dean is 5'6" on a good day. Any of our guards could post her up if Holly has half a brain. Doubt we see that though.

I think Maryland would be a tough game for us, don't think we could beat them to move to the Sweet 16, especially with them at home. We don't have anyone who can stop Charles and she thrives off of dribble drives which has been our Achilles heel all season. They have much better post play as well. They lost the BIG 10 championship because none of their bigs could guard Gustafson without fouling her and they spent most of the game on the bench. We haven't gotten any interior players in foul trouble all season.

I'm not convinced these are the actual match-ups though. We will see tonight.
I haven't seen UCLA play, but in addition to Dean and Michaela, Kennedy Burke is a big scorer. She's been lighting it up from deep. They look like they have a lot of deep threats, and we know how well Tennessee defends the three.

If they do win, I agree that Maryland would plow through them. Not just Charles but their post game as well.

The committee threw Tennessee a bone by gifting them a bid, but did them no favors with the draw. That is brutal.

I haven't seen UCLA play, but in addition to Dean and Michaela, Kennedy Burke is a big scorer. She's been lighting it up from deep. They look like they have a lot of deep threats, and we know how well Tennessee defends the three.

If they do win, I agree that Maryland would plow through them. Not just Charles but their post game as well.

The committee threw Tennessee a bone by gifting them a bid, but did them no favors with the draw. That is brutal.

When you are an 11 seed, no draw is kind.

When you are an 11 seed, no draw is kind.
Generally, but Tennessee is not your typical #11 seed. They have the ability to play at a much higher level...on par with most of the teams at the 3 seed line and below. There were a lot of projected # 6's that I thought they would likely beat, like a Drake or SDS. Even a #3 like NC State would be vulnerable. I think Maryland and UCLA was the worst option they could get at that line for each round.

According to this the SEC teams in are Miss St, SC, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Missouri, Tennessee, and Auburn

Out would be Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Vandy, Ole Miss, and Georgia and that actually sounds exactly right.

Maybe this is it not long now only couple hours we'll know for sure.

The selection show is being shown on ESPN2 right now. I tuned in late, but the leaked bracket shown is correct.

VN Store

Back