We In!

The person responsible for this bid was the legend Pat Summitt! She built and created this amazing women's program and I knew they would get in simply because of the Tenn. name and history! That elite reputation that Summitt left the program in is still good enough to get even this horrible team in. Now next year, I don't know, maybe there will be big changes in the offseason regardless of how they do in the tournament.

ESPN just accidentally leaked the 1st round matchups
there was no leak, ESPN selection show is on right now, an I am a VFL but I wish Tenn had never made it in, if by chance they win then that will just mean another year of Holly an sadness an despair, we the fans an the kids do not deserve that, fire her an go after Walz at Louisville, he is a true winner

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The person responsible for this bid was the legend Pat Summitt! She built and created this amazing women's program and I knew they would get in simply because of the Tenn. name and history! That elite reputation that Summitt left the program in is still good enough to get even this horrible team in. Now next year, I don't know, maybe there will be big changes in the offseason regardless of how they do in the tournament.

there has to be
bring me in or send someone out

Reactions: BUBear
I'm not sure I follow? ESPN obviously knows who is in and who is not before they announce it on TV. They know which teams to broadcast. I don't recall them ever showing the teams that don't get in.
I thought maybe the tv crews were pre-determined way before the actual results of the bracket were in place.

I was a little surprised the Lady Vols got in. They play #6 seed UCLA. Will be surprised if they win in first round. If they do their next opponent will be the Lady Terps.
Possible Final 4: Baylor, UConn, Miss. St and Notre Dame or Stanford.
As long as UConn doesn't win it all I'll be happy. I think Baylor wins it all.

We did not earn this. In no way did we earn this. This looks bad on us. We were given this. Alot of people are questioning letting us in and I agree with them. Entitlement and the critics are right.

I wouldn't be quite so dramatic, they didn't just "let us in" we didn't do much to earn it. But neither did any of the other teams that were hanging out on the bubble, which is why they were on the bubble. When you break it all down they let in the correct "last four in."

First four out TCU, Ohio, USC and Arkansas all had more reasons to be out than we did.

TCU was 10-8 in the BIG 12, WVU ended up going 11-7 and they were out for sure. They weren't going to let TCU in after finishing 6th in that league and losing in the quarters, they needed to make at least the semi-finals to have a chance.

Ohio had their chance but they lost in the MAC final, Central Michigan was getting a bid regardless and the MAC wasn't going to get 3 teams in, just not possible for that league.

USC was 17-13 on the season and 7-11 in the PAC-12, they were hovering based on SOS alone, they certainly didn't "earn" it either.

Arkansas was too little, too late. Losing 8 of their last 9 in league play killed any chance they had, even with the deep SEC tournament run.

UT didn't do anything to earn it either, but they did just a little more than other bubble teams. None of the final 10 or so teams really "earn" it, they just get in on default based on numbers games.

ESPN just accidentally leaked the 1st round matchups

Of course since UCLA has beaten Stanford, it is a good chance that the Lady Vols, against less talent, will be out coached and be one and done. If that happens, Holly should be immediately fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: gfan
We got one today and its embarrassing.

Yes we did

but
life gives you very strange routes to success

these girls want to excel......to do so, they can't lose their vision. Their focus.
Losses now = go home

But this is what they were built for in my world
AAU exposure
win or go home weekend tournaments.
This is players basketball

Just because you made this prediction I am now certain UT will beat UCLA. Only person I've ever seen post on here that is wrong almost every time they touch their keyboard.

When anyone can understand what you're trying to say in the first place.
I have the feeling that Tennessee will someway make it to the Sweet 16 only to be historically humiliated by UConn

Reactions: cutiepie5
Now we have to hope and pray that Holly doesn't embrasse the Lady Vols by losing to a mid major and then saying a bunch of stupid and crazy stuff at the presser afterward that makes her look even more clueless. Of course since UCLA has beaten Stanford, it is a good chance that the Lady Vols, against less talent, will be out coached and be one and done. If that happens, Holly should be immediately fired.

Well that won’t happen because we are playing a power 5 school. So while she may be embarrassed it will be by a power 5 school 😂

Go Rice!!!

I really wanted them to pick up a win, but I think that Marquette was possibly the worst match-up they could have gotten.

They play a very fast 4 guard, sometimes 5 guard, line-up. Mulkey and Idemarco are going to have a hard time keeping up in transition.

Will be Marquette's run and gun transition game vs. Rice's pace control. If Rice can keep the game in the 60s and use up the shot clock like they like to do they have a chance. I think Marquette is going to get a ton of layups, even off of Rice makes. They are just so fast down the floor with the ball.

I wouldn't be quite so dramatic, they didn't just "let us in" we didn't do much to earn it. But neither did any of the other teams that were hanging out on the bubble, which is why they were on the bubble. When you break it all down they let in the correct "last four in."

First four out TCU, Ohio, USC and Arkansas all had more reasons to be out than we did.

TCU was 10-8 in the BIG 12, WVU ended up going 11-7 and they were out for sure. They weren't going to let TCU in after finishing 6th in that league and losing in the quarters, they needed to make at least the semi-finals to have a chance.

Ohio had their chance but they lost in the MAC final, Central Michigan was getting a bid regardless and the MAC wasn't going to get 3 teams in, just not possible for that league.

USC was 17-13 on the season and 7-11 in the PAC-12, they were hovering based on SOS alone, they certainly didn't "earn" it either.

Arkansas was too little, too late. Losing 8 of their last 9 in league play killed any chance they had, even with the deep SEC tournament run.

UT didn't do anything to earn it either, but they did just a little more than other bubble teams. None of the final 10 or so teams really "earn" it, they just get in on default based on numbers games.
Arkansas beat us head to head on our home court and looked the better team in the SEC Tournament... I thought they would make it in before we did. I'm really surprised by this and yes, I consider this a "legacy" bid.... this team did nothing to be in the NCAA Tournament. It also means we are stuck with Holly another year. Phil just breathed a sigh of relief.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Arkansas beat us head to head on our home court and looked the better team in the SEC Tournament... I thought they would make it in before we did. I'm really surprised by this and yes, I consider this a "legacy" bid.... this team did nothing to be in the NCAA Tournament. It also means we are stuck with Holly another year. Phil just breathed a sigh of relief.
The only hope for Phil Fulmer to dump HW after the 2019-2020 season is that the LadyVols slip even more badly and have a losing record

Arkansas just had too many losses down the stretch, losing 8 of 9 to end SEC play and finishing 6-10 did them in . Their win over us was actually their best win all season until the SEC tournament. They may have beaten us head to head, but in the big picture we did have a slightly better resume.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back