We are in trouble

JM better find the right touch throwing the football or he’s done
Having a rocket arm can be a problem without some fineness to go along with that arm strength
I agree, but I can’t logically blame everything on him. These are SEC athletes so catch the ball if it hits your hands. Hyatt’s we’re further than 10 yards down the field, I can understand on a quick slant but he was well beyond the sticks.

I gave it a few days to see where our opponents ended up after yesterday, to give my take on what I saw Thursday and where I think we end up at the end of the year

Its not going to be pretty. Our QB play was horrendous. Against one of the worst defenses in Div 1, Milton looked like another mediocre QB at UT. Stayed too long in the pocket, stared down receivers, threw the ball with no touch, and took sacks when he could have ran it for fairly good gains. This won't fly against good competition. No way he is our best passing option at QB. If he isnt going to run, give it to someone who doesnt throw a 100mph, 5 and out.

RBs still don't know how to hit the hole with purpose. Too prone to follow blocks instead of seeing the field and findimg holes. Too slow once they get the ball

Wrs can't run routes to save their life. They also seem slow as molasses.

OL looked decent against a trash defense. They'll get beat like rented mules by an SEC D

Offense is too fast.We arent good enough to run 3 plays in 27 seconds. Too many of those in games and our D will be toast. I know its cute, but its not practical. You have to give your D time to rest, especially against better teams that will pound our D into dust.

Defense is mediocre,except for a few bright spots. Banks will be exposed by better offenses. The Penn State D had its worst D last year under Franklin and since Banks left, it improved greatly in the Wisconsin game. There is a reason that Penn St didn't try harder to retain him.

The cycle at UT continues

So you're saying there's a chance.....

I gave it a few days to see where our opponents ended up after yesterday, to give my take on what I saw Thursday and where I think we end up at the end of the year

Its not going to be pretty. Our QB play was horrendous. Against one of the worst defenses in Div 1, Milton looked like another mediocre QB at UT. Stayed too long in the pocket, stared down receivers, threw the ball with no touch, and took sacks when he could have ran it for fairly good gains. This won't fly against good competition. No way he is our best passing option at QB. If he isnt going to run, give it to someone who doesnt throw a 100mph, 5 and out.

RBs still don't know how to hit the hole with purpose. Too prone to follow blocks instead of seeing the field and findimg holes. Too slow once they get the ball

Wrs can't run routes to save their life. They also seem slow as molasses.

OL looked decent against a trash defense. They'll get beat like rented mules by an SEC D

Offense is too fast.We arent good enough to run 3 plays in 27 seconds. Too many of those in games and our D will be toast. I know its cute, but its not practical. You have to give your D time to rest, especially against better teams that will pound our D into dust.

Defense is mediocre,except for a few bright spots. Banks will be exposed by better offenses. The Penn State D had its worst D last year under Franklin and since Banks left, it improved greatly in the Wisconsin game. There is a reason that Penn St didn't try harder to retain him.

The cycle at UT continues

You seem fun 👍🏼

There is a bright point here. We will know 1000% more about this team's potential, by 12:30 pm tomorrow. Because Pitt is not BG. We had better bring our A game, or Pitt will beat dat ass.

Reactions: CountVolcula
We lost a ton of talent to the portal..

You expected different?
We lost SOME talent...and some bodies. Brought in equal impact talent if not better. Anybody keeping track of the minutes of Middleton and Emerson?

Do you guys realize we are this bad and we haven’t even been hit with sanctions, yet.

We are missing talent across the board, evidently at QB where we (the new coaches) didn’t learn from the last two years staff.

Discipline is atrocious with these needless penalties, not staying in position, and complete lack of fundamentals.

I understand we had to get the only coach that would come. But once the sanctions roll in, we are going to be at the bottom of the SEC and will be there for a while!

Well when they finally hand out the punishment for paying bad football players at least they'll have a excuse...

I guess my initial post is still stupid?

It is apparent that there is some truth in your post. Anyone with eyes and football knowledge should agree. However, it’s expected with the situation we are in, and really a waste of time as a fan to whine about.

All I expected was no late hits by Mays and missing wide open receivers with an NFL level arm

I guess my initial post is still stupid?

Like I told my wife two weeks ago, the sky is going to be really blue in mid September . . .

This morning we were getting coffee and she’s just looking up at the really blue sky and doesn’t say a damn thing, like is it so hard to say “You are a genius, Rifleman, for noticing the sky is really blue this time of year.”

Similarly, if an SEC team fires its coach for handing out bags of money, loses nearly 30 players to transfer alone, has a bunch of injuries, and is not even close to filling its scholarships quota, who could predict they wouldn’t beat Pitt by 3 TDs at least? Not a stupid post, Volcula. You are a genius.

I want a divorce UT. Football is not fun anymore. When you get tired of losing stop fielding highschool teams. I'll watch from afar when you decide you want to start playing ball again. Listen to me very carefully because I will only say this once. He who makes Disney the most money wins. It's alabama, georgia, Ohio state, and who ever draws the most attention will get the fourth spot. It's been a not so pleasant 40 years. BEAT ALABAMA. THAT IS YOUR JOB TENNESSEE.

VN Store

Back