We are in trouble

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
I gave it a few days to see where our opponents ended up after yesterday, to give my take on what I saw Thursday and where I think we end up at the end of the year

Its not going to be pretty. Our QB play was horrendous. Against one of the worst defenses in Div 1, Milton looked like another mediocre QB at UT. Stayed too long in the pocket, stared down receivers, threw the ball with no touch, and took sacks when he could have ran it for fairly good gains. This won't fly against good competition. No way he is our best passing option at QB. If he isnt going to run, give it to someone who doesnt throw a 100mph, 5 and out.

RBs still don't know how to hit the hole with purpose. Too prone to follow blocks instead of seeing the field and findimg holes. Too slow once they get the ball

Wrs can't run routes to save their life. They also seem slow as molasses.

OL looked decent against a trash defense. They'll get beat like rented mules by an SEC D

Offense is too fast.We arent good enough to run 3 plays in 27 seconds. Too many of those in games and our D will be toast. I know its cute, but its not practical. You have to give your D time to rest, especially against better teams that will pound our D into dust.

Defense is mediocre,except for a few bright spots. Banks will be exposed by better offenses. The Penn State D had its worst D last year under Franklin and since Banks left, it improved greatly in the Wisconsin game. There is a reason that Penn St didn't try harder to retain him.

The cycle at UT continues

I gave it a few days to see where our opponents ended up after yesterday, to give my take on what I saw Thursday and where I think we end up at the end of the year

Its not going to be pretty. Our QB play was horrendous. Against one of the worst defenses in Div 1, Milton looked like another mediocre QB at UT. Stayed too long in the pocket, stared down receivers, threw the ball with no touch, and took sacks when he could have ran it for fairly good gains. This won't fly against good competition. No way he is our best passing option at QB. If he isnt going to run, give it to someone who doesnt throw a 100mph, 5 and out.

RBs still don't know how to hit the hole with purpose. Too prone to follow blocks instead of seeing the field and findimg holes. Too slow once they get the ball

OL looked decent against a trash defense. They'll get beat like rented mules by an SEC D

Offense is too fast.We arent good enough to run 3 plays in 27 seconds. Too many of those in games and our D will be toast. I know its cute, but its not practical. You have to give your D time to rest, especially against better teams that will pound our D into dust.

Defense is mediocre,except for a few bright spots. Banks will be exposed by better offenses. The Penn State D had its worst D last year under Franklin and since Banks left, it improved greatly in the Wisconsin game. There is a reason that Penn St didn't try harder to retain him.

And what teams are you so scared of besides al, ga.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife

I agree. 5 year rebuild, and that's if we have the right coach

I agree with you about the offense being too fast. I know we are trying to create an advantage, but our D and OL isn't deep enough for it. They're going to be absolutely gassed. There is a reason this type of 100mph offense has never really worked. I fear if we don't slow it down, we'll be having a coaching search in a few years.

Your Banks point doesn't hold up since Brent Pry is the DC at Penn State...and has been since Shoop departed. Everything else falls under first games of the year mean everything science, which yielded great results last year for Mississippi State. Kinda surprising from you since you've been around awhile and know better. But agenda...will find...a way.

I agree with you about the offense being too fast. I know we are trying to create an advantage, but our D and OL isn't deep enough for it. They're going to be absolutely gassed. There is a reason this type of 100mph offense has never really worked. I fear if we don't slow it down, we'll be having a coaching search in a few years.
We had an offense everyone complained about being to slow and boring. Now its to fast lol.

But it has worked...and recently...under THIS COACH...with less talent.

A lot of this seems a little excessive. Honestly if you fix the QB position the rest of the offense is fine. You knocked an offensive line that pass blocked and gave Milton plenty of time to just stand there and not make a decision. They also ran blocked for 300 plus yards. Two RB’s Ran for over 100 yds and your complaining about them. Both looked shifty and made guys miss on the second level. The WR’s were able to get separation and even Heupel said that Milton missed several open WR’s running down the field. My opinion is still out for the defense, but didn’t see anything immediately glaring that would label them as mediocre as this point. They held when they need to and got decent pressure at times.

Aren’t you just a ray of sunshine

1630874922321.gif

Milton has the ability, but he hadn't learned how to use it yet. Our skill players are true frosh and inexperienced. If no one has progressed three games in, you make a change. This is the HIGHEST form of amateur football. This is the SEC. Be adaptable.

So... you take the worst possible view of everything... assume they won't improve anything... and then make this declaration without the context of how the opponents looked?

Mizzou just gave up 475 to Central Michigan and struggled with them the whole game. You could argue that without some CMU penalties more than one of which were questionable... they beat Mizzou.

What you're attempting to do is like saying that your kid is the slowest runner in his class... without knowing how slow or fast the other kids are. It would take a near miracle for UT to beat Bama or UGA. Every other team on the schedule revealed weaknesses against similarly weak competition.

Yeah I think he was at Missouri when he hung 50 on us in years past. Then theyre defense wouldn't let us breath. Im hoping it works here. I believe it will..
We've witnessed the dynamic of being behind the 8 ball really EARLY in the game and how your offense begins pressing, making unforced errors, turning the ball over and how that saps your defense. Would like to be on the other end of that...just for a change.

I wasn't impressed with our RBs either inspite 100yards by each. Hopefully Dee Beckwith with be the guy.
Wow... you guys. I hope Beckwith finds a role but right now he's not better than 5th string behind a walk-on. Small missed some openings but ran well. Not sure what else you want from Evans. He found the creases, made good cuts, then got up field. Neither is dynamic in the open field as Gray was but both looked as good or better than Chandler ever did.

VN Store

Back