We’re losing S&C Coach Fitz after all

Thanks to Coach Fitzgerald for his contributions to the UT football program and I am sure that CJP already has someone in mind to fill the vacancy.
Yes I agree, CJP I’m sure was prepared for this as Fitz has been mentioned for other jobs before.

If you hire the right people... you will lose some of them to better career opportunities. If there aren't a few guys who stay with your program then you probably have a problem. OTOH, if no one is coming after your staff... then they probably aren't the quality you want.

Yet another setback for our team. I honestly thought 2021 would be a year we could possibly contend for the East. That hope just got blasted. Fitz was one of the best and really turned our team around.

This is a huge loss that will be hard to come back from. Constant disappointments is the life of a Vols fan it seems.

I think you are overreacting a bit.

S&C is a pretty broadly studied and disseminated science. They just need someone who has experience and shares core philosophies with CJP. They're out there. I see a lot of CFB programs with players like Pruitt wants. Pruitt probably knows 10-12 guys that could do the job well. If there's one thing he's shown, he's connected to a lot of good football people.

The team wasn't small and weak under Jones only because of the S&C coach. They were small and weak because the HC didn't promote a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. He also didn't recruit enough guys that were physically capable of becoming elite SEC football players.

We'll be fine.

VN Store

Back