Wanya Morris In the transfer portal

I never really liked my HS coach. But I was glad we had him because he knew how to win. I really liked my HS baseball coach but was glad when they finally replaced him with someone who knew how to win. Maybe you are right... but it is a really bad statement on both the player and the coach if you are.
We feared our High School coaches 4 decades ago. At times many of us thought they should be put in straight jackets and locked up with their uncontrolled anger. Different times back then. Physical contact (pushing , smacking you around on your helmet) was routine.

Reactions: NEO
No the players are frustrated because they still love CJP and have said they can't stand the lack of support from the university and fans. It's really amazing talking to kids and hearing their views on UT once they get here. Morris could stay if they go ahead and nix this fake investigation and just report the secondary violation like most do. What does it say to the athletes when the powers that be and the fans make them feel like they are against them and their coach?
Fake Investigation? Completely different opinion than other sources?

This probably won't happen, but this is going to be the first year that something like a wholesale evacuation could take place if the vote on the transfer rule goes as expected. That's a bit scary. At the very least it's already hurt us in depth at the QB DL, and RB positions.

QB is fine but CB is really hurting as is Edge rusher.

You know Henry T was paid. Look at his offer list, and he comes to Tennessee? LOL! Probably won’t be transferring, since he will most likely be ruled ineligible to even play.

You know Henry T was paid. Look at his offer list, and he comes to Tennessee? LOL! Probably won’t be transferring, since he will most likely be ruled ineligible to even play.

yea, you're probably correct. After all, Pruitt is from Bama and everyone knows the tree-killers and tea-baggers have been buying/paying kids dating all the way back to the 1960"s.

Reactions: PA Vol and BP4Prez
Wanya was a 5 star recruit. He struggled because Friend and Pruitt suck!
I never would have hired Friend to be my line coach. His Olines have underachieved wherever he has been. Look at the uga lines over the years. Great talent but average at best under Friend. The good players end up going on and having a solid NFL careers but college career was a dud for most of them.

Reactions: patrick
Haven't the time nor the patience to read this whole thread, but y'all are aware that Morris is not in the portal, right?

I don't think the investigation is fake but I do believe it was orchestrated to remove Pruitt and possibly Fulmer. This was an inside job. No way the outside reporters learned about this and had it dropped right before the aTm game so it would be announced on the air by the crew doing that game. That reeks of an inside job with highly motivated players. From the things I hear from people who know some of the players, they all love Pruitt. He is very much a player's coach and they are bought in on his plan. This year was a disaster for a host of reasons. Cutting Pruitt loose will set this rebuild back 4 years.

I don't think the investigation is fake but I do believe it was orchestrated to remove Pruitt and possibly Fulmer. This was an inside job. No way the outside reporters learned about this and had it dropped right before the aTm game so it would be announced on the air by the crew doing that game. That reeks of an inside job with highly motivated players. From the things I hear from people who know some of the players, they all love Pruitt. He is very much a player's coach and they are bought in on his plan. This year was a disaster for a host of reasons. Cutting Pruitt loose will set this rebuild back 4 years.
Each additional year we keep Pruitt will delay that 4 year rebuild by one year.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Accusations of paying players coming from a bamar.......
lol.gif

Haven't the time nor the patience to read this whole thread, but y'all are aware that Morris is not in the portal, right?
You’re right LOL!

Edit: SI reported the paperwork was submitted. He will probably show up in the portal tomorrow. I believe the school has 48 hours to officially enter the request in whatever data bank they are using.

Last edited:
Hasn’t made an announcement. Doesn’t need to if he’s coming back.
I’d bet one of my Roth IRA’s he comes back. Johnson, Mays, Mays, Colbert, and Wright is still arguably a top 5 offensive line next year. With a possibly competent OLine coach definitely.

Reactions: butchna
I usually think you’re a little out in left field, no offense btw, but I don’t see Tennessee paying these lawyers the amount they are paying them in a year our financial standing is getting killed on a fake investigation.

Yea. I'm not sure how Pruitt's supporters can avoid the simple fact that UT may not have a roster even if he's kept. Then we get to hear 3 years of excuses about how UT is thin and needs more recruiting classes to "catch up" to UK and Vandy.

They’ll be saying 2021 was really year zero of the glorious Pruitt era.

No the players are frustrated because they still love CJP and have said they can't stand the lack of support from the university and fans. It's really amazing talking to kids and hearing their views on UT once they get here. Morris could stay if they go ahead and nix this fake investigation and just report the secondary violation like most do. What does it say to the athletes when the powers that be and the fans make them feel like they are against them and their coach?

Ding ding ding. We like to blame the UT Admin for our problems by pointing out coaches who have failed but if we want to see the real problem, all we have to do is look in the mirror.

Our fanbase sucks. We are Tennessee’s curse. The sad thing is what makes our fan base awful is what makes our fan base think they are something special. They think the ridicule of current coaches and players on Twitter makes them some kind of greater force for good, but they/we are poison.

I usually think you’re a little out in left field, no offense btw, but I don’t see Tennessee paying these lawyers the amount they are paying them in a year our financial standing is getting killed on a fake investigation.
Look at who I was responding. He stated fake investigation, not me. I was questioning his opinion. You whiffed on the intent of my post.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in weeks. Actually, it's stupid.

Blame the fans for bad football. Are you 12 or 70? There's no chance you're anything else.
Arrogant, irrational, unreasonable, and unsupportive when the going gets tough. That’s our fanbase.

Ding ding ding. We like to blame the UT Admin for our problems by pointing out coaches who have failed but if we want to see the real problem, all we have to do is look in the mirror.

Our fanbase sucks. We are Tennessee’s curse. The sad thing is what makes our fan base awful is what makes our fan base think they are something special. They think the ridicule of current coaches and players on Twitter makes them some kind of greater force for good, but they/we are poison.
So hypothetically speaking, let’s say the fan base supported Pruitt through this crap show... he blows it again but the players still love Pruitt, at what point do fans stop supporting regardless of player loyalty? The thing is Tennessee will always get top 25 classes even with a gopher at the controls... it’s easy and extremely lazy to look at the near term with roster attrition and claim it’s the fans fault. Auburn got rid of Gus (who actually won some games) and behold, their best defensive lineman just hit the portal... you can’t base keeping a coach who’s shown to be out of his depth in place just to appease players you have to replace in 3-4 years anyways. With the new transfer rules coming down you’re even less likely to keep players but also easier to rebuild a roster utilizing the portal if you trade up in coaches.

VN Store

Back