Waiting on Salter

He’ll easily hit 200+ around Spring with a full college regimen after EE. He’s most likely heavier than that 185 currently. He’s not going to be a Cam Newton dual threat anyway. Lamar Jackson was sporting around 185 during his Heisman winning sophomore season...still only 212.
But wouldn’t you expect the extra weight would slow him down? Idk if he’s fast enough to outrun many d lineman in the SEC as it is, much less DBs

But wouldn’t you expect the extra weight would slow him down? Idk if he’s fast enough to outrun many d lineman in the SEC as it is, much less DBs
He’s got the frame to carry it easily. I don’t think he runs as fast as your boy does in shorts...but he runs more naturally. No one chasing him catches up and he plays against some athletes.

Reactions: 1vol8
3 years ago he I think he thought he could “fix” JG. Last year it would help explain Pruitts commitment to a subpar JG while having more talented qbs on the roster to insure HBs commitment. This year it would help explain his continued commitment to JG to insure Salter. I think everyone is just out of possibilities of WHY he’s committed to JG the way he is and this theory is the only one that makes ANY sense. We all know any other coach would’ve moved on well before now. So there’s gotta be a reason JP hasn’t and it has nothing to do with talent or “he gives us the best chance to win” because that wouldn’t be the case if he had invested time into someone else.
And about next year when he trots JG out again?

He’s got the frame to carry it easily. I don’t think he runs as fast as your boy does in shorts...but he runs more naturally. No one chasing him catches up and he plays against some athletes.
We’ll see soon enough

Nashville's 104.5 The Zone got into an interesting debate yesterday on the Vols QB situation. I won't bore you with the details, and some hater on here is just going to rake me over the coals for bringing something up that's on another thread (heaven knows this forum is sacred ground), but I'll put myself out there anyway. The general consensus from the debate was that they continue to play JG in order to keep HB or BM from really being able to show what they can do, for fear that if one of them comes on strong and separates from the pack (not happening, by the way), then Kaidon Salter may go elsewhere for fear that the job could be sewn up for 2-3 years. That's all, now go ahead and hate on me, I can take it.
We are always waiting on someone who never gets coached or has no raw talent. Sad

If he’s that much of an athlete and Qb I think we’ll see him sooner than that.
If we were running the single wing. He needs work on scheme and fundamentals.

There is no proof that Kaidon Salter is going to come in here and be any better than what is here. There is a difference between high school and College. Pruitt would throw JG out there with Peyton standing on the sideline. I still think Pruitt is trying to get himself fired. There is no attempt in trying to get this team better, he looks lost.
I agree with you on the firing, I think he wants out.

They're really overthinking the situation. Pruitt benched JG last year and I have no doubt that he'd do it again.
Where has that been this year. He benches crouch for a missed tackle for a guy he kicked off the team. Banks first step every play is lateral or backpedal. My point, he benches Crouch for a guy who does wrong and threatened a cop last year. But he hasn't bench jg once this year. I think pruitt is closing in on disaster. I've seen this enough. We have ourselves a fired coach gang.

Nashville's 104.5 The Zone got into an interesting debate yesterday on the Vols QB situation. I won't bore you with the details, and some hater on here is just going to rake me over the coals for bringing something up that's on another thread (heaven knows this forum is sacred ground), but I'll put myself out there anyway. The general consensus from the debate was that they continue to play JG in order to keep HB or BM from really being able to show what they can do, for fear that if one of them comes on strong and separates from the pack (not happening, by the way), then Kaidon Salter may go elsewhere for fear that the job could be sewn up for 2-3 years. That's all, now go ahead and hate on me, I can take it.

I don't get this. If Bailey shows out and has 3 years to play here, what does it matter if Salter chose to go elsewhere...... That'd mean we'd have 2 years to find the heir to Bailey...... Because in reality, Salter would have to sit for 2 years with one being redshirt year.

Salter, Bailey and a Grad Transfer....sounds like a good battle. I really hope we get a good QB whisperer next year!

Ideally, Cutcliffe voluntarily steps down as Duke HC and comes to Knoxville for a lower stress position coach job.

GOOD ONE! "lower stress position coach job." The whole place is in flames...

I don't get this. If Bailey shows out and has 3 years to play here, what does it matter if Salter chose to go elsewhere...... That'd mean we'd have 2 years to find the heir to Bailey...... Because in reality, Salter would have to sit for 2 years with one being redshirt year.
Because there’s no guarantee that Bailey will ball out.

Because there’s no guarantee that Bailey will ball out.

But once again, there is no reason to sit Bailey and keep JG in just to get Salter on campus and have him and Bailey battle it out. I’m sorry but we don’t want a qb carousel in years 4 and 5 of Pruitt’s career here.

Makes no sense to dodge playing Bailey just to land another recruit

But once again, there is no reason to sit Bailey and keep JG in just to get Salter on campus and have him and Bailey battle it out. I’m sorry but we don’t want a qb carousel in years 4 and 5 of Pruitt’s career here.

Makes no sense to dodge playing Bailey just to land another recruit
Just think about it this way. If he can pull off not committing to another qb outside of a sub par JG for the rest of this season it gives the impression that the said upcoming qb is needed. At the beginning of 2021 UT will have 4 highly talented qbs to choose from.

If the hope of our program rests in the hands of a HS QB who has yet to sign his LOI, we’re all in trouble. Let me just say... We’re in trouble folks. 😂

Salter is supposed to be great form what we all understand if the kid snd has talent. But also I can remember when most on here couldn’t wait on HB to arrive on campus because most of us thought he would get a legit chance to play early and start. But here we are half way through the season with our 2nd bye week and we have yet to see meaningful snaps for HB or given a real shot. HB was great this time of year like Salter is. There is a reason that Alabama, UGA, LSU, Florida and Ohio State along with 20 other P5 schools that was recruiting him and offered him a scholarship as well and he chose us over all them. Everyone else seen the talent that everyone else sees but his staff can’t do anything with it. So why does everyone think Salter is gonna be any different with this staff?

I read the same stuff on here about Salter that I read about Bailey last year. I don't know that either one is the answer but i do know that if this staff doesn't start winning a crapload of games, their strategy of blowing battles for the top in-state prospects in order to go after sloppy seconds in GA and elsewhere is going to bite them in the ass bigtime.

Reactions: shane80 and Vfl2407
If I was a QB with his talent I would look at Tennessee as an ideal place to play early. Exactly who do we have right now that has shown anything. Maybe someone will in the coming games but right now anyone that can play has a terrific opportunity at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back