Waiting on Salter

So UT is supposed to lose to keep a committment? If that was the case (which I don’t believe it is) then I guess they aren’t bringing winners to Knoxville.

Salter, Bailey and a Grad Transfer....sounds like a good battle. I really hope we get a good QB whisperer next year!

Ideally, Cutcliffe voluntarily steps down as Duke HC and comes to Knoxville for a lower stress position coach job.
HC at duke or assistant to JP
not sure which one is less stressful

For three years, hahaha
3 years ago he I think he thought he could “fix” JG. Last year it would help explain Pruitts commitment to a subpar JG while having more talented qbs on the roster to insure HBs commitment. This year it would help explain his continued commitment to JG to insure Salter. I think everyone is just out of possibilities of WHY he’s committed to JG the way he is and this theory is the only one that makes ANY sense. We all know any other coach would’ve moved on well before now. So there’s gotta be a reason JP hasn’t and it has nothing to do with talent or “he gives us the best chance to win” because that wouldn’t be the case if he had invested time into someone else.

what about Arch Manning? Can’t have Salter running him off! 😉

3 years ago he I think he thought he could “fix” JG. Last year it would help explain Pruitts commitment to a subpar JG while having more talented qbs on the roster to insure HBs commitment. This year it would help explain his continued commitment to JG to insure Salter. I think everyone is just out of possibilities of WHY he’s committed to JG the way he is and this theory is the only one that makes ANY sense. We all know any other coach would’ve moved on well before now. So there’s gotta be a reason JP hasn’t and it has nothing to do with talent or “he gives us the best chance to win” because that wouldn’t be the case if he had invested time into someone else.
He’s making a wrong call. We don’t have to get in a weird trough to overexplain it.

104.5 the "zone"...most of the time these guys are bantering about jock straps, parties, & other insignificant junk. No reason to listen to "sports talk" in my world. Enjoy.

He’s making a wrong call. We don’t have to get in a weird trough to overexplain it.
It just makes sense to me because I thought of this last year. Of course it wasn’t a very popular opinion at the time but it seems to be gaining traction now

It just makes sense to me because I thought of this last year. Of course it wasn’t a very popular opinion at the time but it seems to be gaining traction now
You’re open to conspiracies. You brought up black cleats...speaking of traction. You have no history with this program, so you’re not prepared for the wild babbling that’s to come. It’s not science.

Nothing about our current staff says that we'd even consider starting Saltar as a true freshman, regardless of his skills, or that the staff is even remotely capable of developing his talent once he is on campus.

You’re open to conspiracies. You brought up black cleats...speaking of traction. You have no history with this program, so you’re not prepared for the wild babbling that’s to come. It’s not science.
I brought up black cleats because of Pruitts life long ties to Alabama.

Nashville's 104.5 The Zone got into an interesting debate yesterday on the Vols QB situation. I won't bore you with the details, and some hater on here is just going to rake me over the coals for bringing something up that's on another thread (heaven knows this forum is sacred ground), but I'll put myself out there anyway. The general consensus from the debate was that they continue to play JG in order to keep HB or BM from really being able to show what they can do, for fear that if one of them comes on strong and separates from the pack (not happening, by the way), then Kaidon Salter may go elsewhere for fear that the job could be sewn up for 2-3 years. That's all, now go ahead and hate on me, I can take it.

The Vols will stumble on a wide out that can play QB one of these days
Maybe

I don't think Salter has seen anything from anyone on this roster that would scare him away.
Have you watched Salter play? He is no where near ready to throw a pass in the SEC. He is a tremendous athlete, but he plays in a simplistic offense and pretty much throws screens all game. He needs a lot of coaching, he never sets his feet and has an awkward throwing motion.
He is going to good, but it will be a while and I’m not sure we have to coaches to fix the stuff he needs fixing.

Reactions: butchna
Have you watched Salter play? He is no where near ready to throw a pass in the SEC. He is a tremendous athlete, but he plays in a simplistic offense and pretty much throws screens all game. He needs a lot of coaching, he never sets his feet and has an awkward throwing motion.
He is going to good, but it will be a while and I’m not sure we have to coaches to fix the stuff he needs fixing.
I was going to post some similar points but didn’t think they would be well taken coming from me. But I will say that I thought he was faster than he is. And at 6’1 185 he’s small for a qb and may not be able to be the duel threat qb he is in hs

He has a lot of highlights and many of them include throwing off his back foot. He does it because he can get away with it, but it’s part of what he needs a full redshirt year correcting.

Reactions: snowvols
I was going to post some similar points but didn’t think they would be well taken coming from me. But I will say that I thought he was faster than he is. And at 6’1 185 he’s small for a qb and may not be able to be the duel threat qb he is in hs
He’ll easily hit 200+ around Spring with a full college regimen after EE. He’s most likely heavier than that 185 currently. He’s not going to be a Cam Newton dual threat anyway. Lamar Jackson was sporting around 185 during his Heisman winning sophomore season...still only 212.

VN Store

Back