Waiting on Salter

Have any of you all watched Salter play?
Yeah the kid has a tremendous set of wheels in him.
He does get a fair chunk of passing yards, but when you watch him you wonder how.
I've never seen a QB with as much broken mechanics to a throw as this guy.
Most of his passes are off his back foot or while he is in the air and have very little velocity...SEC level DBs are going to eat that up.

Not saying he's not the answer. Just saying is just like HB, there are things that need work.

Nashville's 104.5 The Zone got into an interesting debate yesterday on the Vols QB situation. I won't bore you with the details, and some hater on here is just going to rake me over the coals for bringing something up that's on another thread (heaven knows this forum is sacred ground), but I'll put myself out there anyway. The general consensus from the debate was that they continue to play JG in order to keep HB or BM from really being able to show what they can do, for fear that if one of them comes on strong and separates from the pack (not happening, by the way), then Kaidon Salter may go elsewhere for fear that the job could be sewn up for 2-3 years. That's all, now go ahead and hate on me, I can take it.

If he can't stand the heat then get the hel- out of the kitchen.....

Reactions: onevol74
Nashville's 104.5 The Zone got into an interesting debate yesterday on the Vols QB situation. I won't bore you with the details, and some hater on here is just going to rake me over the coals for bringing something up that's on another thread (heaven knows this forum is sacred ground), but I'll put myself out there anyway. The general consensus from the debate was that they continue to play JG in order to keep HB or BM from really being able to show what they can do, for fear that if one of them comes on strong and separates from the pack (not happening, by the way), then Kaidon Salter may go elsewhere for fear that the job could be sewn up for 2-3 years. That's all, now go ahead and hate on me, I can take it.

So, they're trying to send a message that they don't play favorites by playing favorites? Why not? It is, afterall, 2020, the year of dim views.

VN Store

Back