Vs. Clemson in Orange Bowl

We're definitely going to win. It's all in the colors:

1670199363168.png

Orange Bowl clearly prefers the Vols to the Tigers, they copied our Pantone 151 almost perfectly. Meanwhile, Clemson is more along the lines of Florida with an almost-red orange.

Go Vols!

Well, watching their ACC Championship game, looks like they potentially found a QB and we are going to have to play against a pretty good defense.

Thoughts on the matchup?
I’m not confident in Milton at Qb, the guy just has no touch. I’m glad he came to Tennessee and I’m glad he’s helped this team, but with him at Qb I don’t think we win this game. I hope I’m proved wrong..

Reactions: NEO
I honestly think Clemson is favorite at this point.

We don't know how Milton will do. We don't know how our secondary will hold up. And Clemson finding a good QB is bad news for us, as QB has been their main issue for the past 2 seasons. Their defense is still one of the better ones in CFB.

That said, will be a fun game. Hoping Milton gets in a groove and the secondary plays one of its best games. A great test for us regardless.
Go VOLS! Show those orange pretenders! Of course, we're facing a QB who's been a backup...Tennessee's history with that scenario is rather tenuous. :cool:

Reactions: tellicoflash
Well, watching their ACC Championship game, looks like they potentially found a QB and we are going to have to play against a pretty good defense.

Thoughts on the matchup?
Clemson would have been the biggest challenge since Bama with Hooker. Without him, ...

If I were a betting man I’d be taking Clemson and if I could lay more points to get a bigger payout I would. Just don’t see us keeping this one close.

Funny. But why burgers? I feel like I'm missing something. :)
He complimented us for having a good season and basically said if we wouldn’t have overlooked SC we’d of been relaxed and feeling good about playoffs “flipping burgers” on championship Saturday. Some people took it as a knock on Tennessee. I do not understand why.

The whole thing comes down to how many overthrows Milton has and if the internal clock that tells a QB to get rid of the ball decides to work. In two years, he still stares down receivers and takes too long to decide what to do. I hope he plays the game of his life, but I have yet to see him progress as a QB.

Opportunity for Milton to prove he’s the man. Opportunity for Heupel to see what the offense will look like next year. Opportunity for the defense to prove they’re not a bunch of pansies.

If we had Hooker I think we kill them. Clemson has a good defense, much better than Vandy who limited Milton. Clemson is a much better offensive team than they’ve showed all year long with the new qb in for them. We also have no idea who will play or how motivated they will be to play. I feel like we can win but it’s a tough matchup right now.

Thoughts on the matchup?

With Hooker, I woulda liked our chances a lot.

Without him, this will be a tough game to win.

Opportunity for Milton to prove he’s the man. Opportunity for Heupel to see what the offense will look like next year. Opportunity for the defense to prove they’re not a bunch of pansies.

If we had Hooker I think we kill them. Clemson has a good defense, much better than Vandy who limited Milton. Clemson is a much better offensive team than they’ve showed all year long with the new qb in for them. We also have no idea who will play or how motivated they will be to play. I feel like we can win but it’s a tough matchup right now.

Clemson is still an ACC team, realistically their defense is about the same as a middle of the road SEC team. As for Klubnik he was put in earlier in the year and promptly turned into a interception machine.... Them playing against UNC and calling him even serviceable is honestly laughable. We'll see how he turns out but he isnt exactly one of the Manning boys.. with Hooker we boatrace them with Milton it will be a game.

VN Store

Back