Vs. Clemson in Orange Bowl

They had a good QB all year. It just took 12 games for Swinney to remove his head from his butt and realize it. That being said, I'm calling it here and now. Unless Clenson has DL sit out, we have zero chance to win. If everyone plays, Milton gets exposed for the terrible QB he is. Tn with Hooker, it's a toss up. Tn with Milton, has no chance if everyone plays for Clemson. CJH is going to realize first hand why he must find a QB in the portal until the 8 million dollar man is ready to take over. Book it.
And despite that, they still go 11-2 and win the ACC. One would think it might take a pretty good bit of talent around that qb to reach that level of success. And now they upgrade that most crucial of all positions? Whew.

Hahah all of our fans were talking mad **** when Dabo said what he said, now that the matchup is real, y’all talking about “bad matchup”. What happened??
That was BEFORE he found a QB worth a damn. The new guy is really good!

Hahah all of our fans were talking mad **** when Dabo said what he said, now that the matchup is real, y’all talking about “bad matchup”. What happened??
Agreed....Lets go shut his face with what ever roster that we have! Im not a real fan of kids opting out of the bowl game. I suppose that Im old school and this is a new era. Its kinda like bailing on your dudes to me. Regardless, we go to whoop some ass, we whoop some ass then we come back home to Knoxville 11-2.

Well, watching their ACC Championship game, looks like they potentially found a QB and we are going to have to play against a pretty good defense.

Thoughts on the matchup?
Any good team would be a problem now.

When we win Heupel should meet Dabo at midfield and hand him a wrapped burger ala Coach Boone in Remember the Titans.

I sure hope he figures it out. I doubt he’ll have much help from the rushing attack and the defense.
Not sure...rushing attack looked pretty dang good against Vandy.
Granted it's Vandy, but hanging 400 yds on the ground against anyone is pretty impressive.

This will be a tough matchup for sure - the Clemson D is very good and without Hooker I don't think we can click at the same high level as we did when beating Bama and LSU. I'm hoping the bowl practice time will help Joe and the coaches focus on his strength's vs the Clemson D. He seemed to do better hitting crossing routes vs the more vertical routes, but the D Clemson plays sort of dictates the best routes to run. I look for Clemson's O to try to do what Bama and South Carolina did - give their QB just enough time for the receivers to get open. As others have noted, their backup QB is much more accurate than their starter and if he gets time they will score plenty of points.

The biggest issue will be how the team shows up - sometimes everyone is ready to play hard for 4 quarters and sometimes everyone plays hard the week before the game and it's ugly. I remember losing to Penn State one year in a bowl game when our guys looked like they had been partying for a week - a really ugly game.

Milton has been in Heupel’s system for two full years. Either he will make the players around him better or he won’t. This should give some insight on what to expect from him going forward.

This will be a tough matchup for sure - the Clemson D is very good and without Hooker I don't think we can click at the same high level as we did when beating Bama and LSU. I'm hoping the bowl practice time will help Joe and the coaches focus on his strength's vs the Clemson D. He seemed to do better hitting crossing routes vs the more vertical routes, but the D Clemson plays sort of dictates the best routes to run. I look for Clemson's O to try to do what Bama and South Carolina did - give their QB just enough time for the receivers to get open. As others have noted, their backup QB is much more accurate than their starter and if he gets time they will score plenty of points.

The biggest issue will be how the team shows up - sometimes everyone is ready to play hard for 4 quarters and sometimes everyone plays hard the week before the game and it's ugly. I remember losing to Penn State one year in a bowl game when our guys looked like they had been partying for a week - a really ugly game.

Clemson will have multiple opt outs on D

Bowl games are tricky. You don’t know who is going to be motivated more. That’s where CJH needs to use Dabos words against him

And despite that, they still go 11-2 and win the ACC. One would think it might take a pretty good bit of talent around that qb to reach that level of success. And now they upgrade that most crucial of all positions? Whew.
Let's not forget an overrated Notre Dame team beat them 35-14. Who also got beat by Marshall earlier in the season.

VN Store

Back