Vols vs Florida Atlantic? Thoughts?

I think you are confused on the math a bit, how would this be FAU’s 4th game in 8 days?

Looking at FAU's schedule I think you are right. Their last 3 games 3/11 UAB, w 78-56, 3/17 Memphis w 66-65 & 3/19 FDU w78-70. By my math the UT game will be their 4th game in 12 days

We'll know if we're in FAU's head just by their starting lineup and their early subs, they've spent the bulk of the season playing just 2 guys that are over 6'4" on a regular basis. Those 2 guys, Vladislav Goldin their 7'1" Russian who typically starts and then Giancarlo Rosado at 6'8" rarely starts, but has played in every game and gets about 17 minutes a game.

So if we see Brenen Lorient, Isaiah Gaines or Tre Carroll play (3 guys 6'7" or taller) then we'll know they're trying to match our size and playing into our style. But all 3 of those players averaged under 6 mpg, so we should be able to take advantage of their inexperience.

If they play the smaller guards for the 1-4 then we'll know they are just going to try and beat us playing their style. We should be driving to the rim and trying to feed the interior either way. If we get some success rebounding and scoring by our big 4 then we'll be in control of this game regardless of who they play.
Yea I mentioned the other day the first 5 minutes will be fascinating to me…we know FAU is going small and we know Tennessee is going 2 big to start the game, how does that start go….

Very good column by Blake Toppmeyer in today's Knoxville News Sentinel in which he talked to former Mississippi coach Kermit Davis and asked Davis what the keys are in tomorrow night's game and Davis has 4 keys to watch for.

1. Tennessee has to guard the three point line against Florida Atlantic's four guard offense.
2. Limit the turnovers.
3. Get Goldin and Rosado in foul trouble by pounding the ball inside.
4. Tyreke Key is the major factor coming off the bench because of his ability to score the ball.

Davis coached against both teams this past season.

If the refs let us play our game we win.
If we are called for a foul every time we touch
someone, it may be a long night.

Reactions: eskimovol
Here's my thoughts kn the game tomorrow

Depending on how the refs call the game, I have Tennessee winning 78-65. I saw FAU play against FDU and they didn't impress me. Yeah, they are ranked high in kenpom and are No.25 in the nation, but look at who they have played. Their center looks serviceable at best, and outside of him, they aren't tall nor physical

This game does not scare me and it shouldn't scare anyone else.

Play through the mud boys

Reactions: Sudden Impact
All they are doing is playing head games. When a player starts commenting on how another team plays it shows that they are desperate and defeated. Cream just stated that this game will not be close.

What a wimp.

The only thing that bothers me about this game is the officials.

Last edited:
Does Olivier come off the bench or does Barnes put him in the starting lineup tomorrow?

The media has already gotten in the refs ears. Every touch going to be called a foul on us. Every flop is gonna be a foul on us. We still win by 20.

VN Store

Back