Vols vs Florida Atlantic? Thoughts?

Our defense should stuff their faces. They haven’t lost much In the year though so they think they can win everything. Can be a tough game. We need someone to step up offensively. Of course I’m nervous as always. Of course. Hope we step up.

I just watched the FAU post-game, and when asked about how they would prepare for Tennessee, their coach said "we're going to study up on Australian rugby rules, and get ready for the Vols."

Screw that noise. They're already setting the stage to pull the officals into calling anything and everything to help them - and ESPN's been laying the groundwork for that nonsense as well. This "Tennessee plays in the mud" narrative is a load of crap, but I've heard several sports journalists use that expression independent of one another. They're all going to work that narrative this week. Expect to hear that "in the mud" business for as long as Tennessee's in the tournament. I hope it doesn't unduly influence the officiating.

They can shoot the 3.
Not particularly well tonight. Would need to shoot a much higher percentage against us to win and they will be shooting over way taller defenders than FDU.

We need to make it a half court game by being smart with the ball on offense. We have a tremendous rebounding advantage. Look to the post every possession and only shoot 3’s on inside out passes. We’re the more talented and experienced team and will have to shoot very poorly to lose this game IMO. Every team left is good, but from what I’ve seen we’re playing 1 of the weaker teams left. Obviously no guarantees but I for one sure like our chances! Go VOLS!

The basketball gods gave the 100 year old nun a lucky bounce. They gave Purdue a BS foul on a 3-pointer to get OT. They stuck us with Oregon State, Michigan, and Duke all playing their best ball of the year. They took away ZZ at a critical point in the season.

But… they moved 7’4” freakish Zach Edey out of our path. Time to cash in on the rare opportunity.

Watching FDU 's #2 PG destroy them makes me real sad we won't have ZZ to further expose their defense.

Either way, I dont think they have the defensive tenacity to cause much resistance to our offense. It's a matter of our guys hitting their shots. Though I think we will have plenty success with our strong cuts to the basket and inside size.

They have plenty of guys to lean on, but I like our on ball pressure to disrupt them. They'll hit some threes, but as long as we outrebound them as we should and limit 2nd chance opportunities, I dont see this being enough to beat us.

VN Store

Back