'24 Vols Transfer Offers

I think we all expected a joly offer. The other part was what I didn’t like: “I have on good authority” and then used that supposed credibility t insert his opinion and those remain to be seen. Rumor spreading.
Well, that changes everything.

If you already have a strong culture you believe in then a guy isn’t gonna come in and fracture the locker room.

That worry only exists in weak cultures.
You protect a strong culture by being selective. We see every year, kids kicked off the team for cultural issues. It's ridiculous to say that one need not be selective of who you let in in the first place.

You're basically now saying that unprotected sex with a high risk girl is very low-risk because you can just break up with her if it goes bad, and you also have a strong immune system. If you see an emaciated junkie with a fresh needle marks, keep stepping. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

You protect a strong culture by being selective. We see every year, kids kicked off the team for cultural issues. It's ridiculous to say that one need not be selective of who you let in in the first place.

You're basically now saying that unprotected sex with a high risk girl is very low-risk because you can just break up with her if it goes bad, and you also have a strong immune system. If you see an emaciated junkie with a fresh needle marks, keep stepping. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Dafuq are you talking about my man?

I think the builder of the culture prob knows more about protecting the culture. And he’s supposedly given the OK to recruit this guy.

Dafuq are you talking about my man?

I think the builder of the culture prob knows more about protecting the culture. And he’s supposedly given the OK to recruit this guy.
Then we're in agreement. If Heupel feels it's worth the risk, then we go after him.

I was just saying that it's not as simple as you seemed to be making it out to be "low risk, we can always just boot him if there's issues". It's not that simple, is all I was saying.

Can you take this info to his player thread? First time I’ve seen this brought up, thanks.

Laugh Dog GIFs | Tenor

Then we're in agreement. If Heupel feels it's worth the risk, then we go after him.

I was just saying that it's not as simple as you seemed to be making it out to be "low risk, we can always just boot him if there's issues". It's not that simple, is all I was saying.

🤝

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Heup seems to like running 2 TEs that are different qualities. Castles and Fant were more blocking TEs and HB. They ran short routes, wheels, screens, took shovel passes, etc. Warren was more of a downfield threat and possession receiver.

Joly can fit into the Warren role and potentially do it better. Davis can fit into the Castles role (as long as he's consistently blocking well and we trust him to block). I think Davis might be a touch more athletic with the ball in his hands so he could be a real threat taking TE screens. I'd think you still want one more because I don't think Echols or Okoye will be ready.

Joly
Ethan
Okoye/Echols

That’s plenty of “starter potential” TE
Joly and Davis can play. Browder will be used regardless of anyone we bring in bc he can actually block. You don’t bring in two guys with multiple years and put them over Ethan. If you recruit them to be the backup you’re and they’ve been in college you’re addressing the portal wrong

Joly and Davis can play. Browder will be used regardless of anyone we bring in bc he can actually block. You don’t bring in two guys with multiple years and put them over Ethan. If you recruit them to be the backup you’re and they’ve been in college you’re addressing the portal wrong
I can see taking one, I can see taking two. No idea which way they go. But I guess we'll all wait and see what the coaches actually do.

VN Store

Back