'24 Vols Transfer Offers

Think they want 1 portal 2 high school counting Echols
Maybe, but after losing out on Saleapaga, and not seeming to get any real traction with the SCar TE, maybe plans change? I'm not the coaches, but it seems s semi-proven portal TE would be better than a down your board HS TE.

Reactions: UTwild82
Maybe, but after losing out on Saleapaga, and not seeming to get any real traction with the SCar TE, maybe plans change? I'm not the coaches, but it seems s semi-proven portal TE would be better than a down your board HS TE.
Don't think someone good will want to come in and be offered the third string tight end role. People in the portal want to play. Either way, the room needs to build long-term depth there and that was evident this offseason

Don't think someone good will want to come in and be offered the third string tight end role. People in the portal want to play. Either way, the room needs to build long-term depth there and that was evident this offseason
Why would they be third string? Why not an open competition? This offense could probably rotate three TEs if Heup wanted to go that way, but why not just tell all involved, the best plays?

Reactions: walkenvol
Why would they be third string? Why not an open competition? This offense could probably rotate three TEs if Heup wanted to go that way, but why not just tell all involved, the best plays?
We don't substitute, so we.rarely have two TE sets....but 2 competent TEs is a MUST in this offense. Right now, we have one youngster with immense potential as a receiving TE but has missed extended time 2 consecutive years with injury. Another youngster that is a complete freak athletically, but still has training wheels on. And one big bodied walk-on. Nothing in that equation says definite, competent starter for 2024 and it's a co-starter position.

Bc you’re not gonna make a talent like Ethan Davis ride the bench for three years
And I'm saying if he's the talent everyone says he is, he'll win out, and if not, the better players will play. Playing time is earned, not promised in advance on potential that may or may not be reached.

And I'm saying if he's the talent everyone says he is, he'll win out, and if not, the better players will play. Playing time is earned, not promised in advance on potential that may or may not be reached.
I don’t disagree but nobody is transferring in for that. It just is what it is in this age of cfb

Reactions: VolByLaw
TRANSFER PORTAL OFFERS/CONFIRMED INTERESTS
Former SchoolPositionPlayerElgibility
MTSUDTMarley Cook1 year
South CarolinaWRJuice Wells1 year
Washington StateWRJosh Kelly1 year
Texas A&MIOLRemington Strickland2 years
UCONNTEJustin Joly2 years
Notre DameTEHolden Staes2 years
Virginia TechTEDae'Quan Wright2 years
Syeed GibbsCBRhode Island3 years
I thought I'd read somewhere that Tennessee had offered Mills, the OT from Texas Tech.

TRANSFER PORTAL OFFERS/CONFIRMED INTERESTS
Former SchoolPositionPlayerElgibility
MTSUDTMarley Cook1 year
South CarolinaWRJuice Wells1 year
Washington StateWRJosh Kelly1 year
Texas A&MIOLRemington Strickland2 years
UCONNTEJustin Joly2 years
Notre DameTEHolden Staes2 years
Virginia TechTEDae'Quan Wright2 years
Syeed GibbsCBRhode Island3 years

Wells, Joly, Staes and Gibbs from the list so far, please.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I don’t disagree but nobody is transferring in for that. It just is what it is in this age of cfb
Didn't Hendon transfer in without guaranteed playing time? NIL Money and playing time probably top the list, but players transfer for all sorts of reasons. A couple of things that may be working against us right now:
1. We know UTK-aligned collective will spend big for a marquee HS prospect, but are they as free spending when it comes to depth guys at positions of need who only have one or two years of eligibility left? I don't know the answer to that.
2. Some players just want to play for a contender. Have we shown enough to convince anyone not wearing orange-tinted glasses that Vols are ready to be a playoff team? Maybe playing Nico in the bowl would help but how many of the portal guys we really want will be left by then?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Didn't Hendon transfer in without guaranteed playing time? NIL Money and playing time probably top the list, but players transfer for all sorts of reasons. A couple of things that may be working against us right now:
1. We know UTK-aligned collective will spend big for a marquee HS prospect, but are they as free spending when it comes to depth guys at positions of need who only have one or two years of eligibility left? I don't know the answer to that.
2. Some players just want to play for a contender. Have we shown enough to convince anyone not wearing orange-tinted glasses that Vols are ready to be a playoff team? Maybe playing Nico in the bowl would help but how many of the portal guys we really want will be left by then?

Eh, HH could look at the roster and likely see playing time. Remember, he committed during the Pruitt regime

Feel good about Joly. Need to hit the visit with Wells outta the park, cause Texas rumbling is real.
The new reality is we probably have to outbid Texas if we want Wells. The portal in this NIL era is way for college players to determine their market value.

Offering 3 TE in the portal .... does not sound like 1 from the portal. BUT, I have been wrong before! I get reminders, daily!

Carolina fans said he was healthy all last season but chose to sit out. He wanted more money and they have it to him, but still sat out apparently,

Sounds like upset fans
If a player decides to move on for a better deal after the season, that's all fine and well. However, if you fail to honor your word/agreement/contract and quit on your mates, then that's a character flag. No interest in selfish quitters. If he bails once, he's likely to do it again. Not fair to his team or their fans.

VN Store

Back