Vols Practice Thread #11

Either Chaney is going above and beyond what he’s asked to do or Friend isn’t earning his groceries.

You may be right, but I remember when he was here before he worked a lot with the ol. Not really sure what to think of WF.

You may be right, but I remember when he was here before he worked a lot with the ol. Not really sure what to think of WF.
I think we should give the guy a break. Yes the o line may have been bad but it was inherited, not chosen. And despite the narrative they were not as bad as people think in pass protection. They fell short in the run game.

I think we should give the guy a break. Yes the o line may have been bad but it was inherited, not chosen. And despite the narrative they were not as bad as people think in pass protection. They fell short in the run game.

He is in a no win situation, if the line gets better it's because of Chaney, if they don't people will blame him.

He is in a no win situation, if the line gets better it's because of Chaney, if they don't people will blame him.
I say blame Butch. They didn’t have the weight or strength to get any push in the run game and not enough of either to hold back a pass rush for more than an average time limit (3 seconds).

I think it's more accurate to say they can't assume he's going to play.

Too close to the first game to run a guy with the 1s that may or may not be eligible.

I wouldn't read into it he's been denied. There's really no reason not to just say that unless they are in some kind of appeal process. But who knows. That's just how I see it.
Maybe I'm just dumb or something, but I saw nothing in the reports stating that Solomon wasn't still a first stringer. What I saw was he was at the back of the line for indy drills. Everybody goes through the drills. What difference does it make if you do it first or last? The team leaders usually go first for leadership purposes, but that doesn't mean much. Maybe he tweaked something and doesn't feel like taking a lead role or something. A lot to assume.

You are correct; they will not have one of these in Gainesville. With that said though, these are just precautionary measures because risking a heat injury just for practice or a game for that matter is stupid and irresponsible. Let's not forget that preventable injuries, especially heat-related, are quick ways to see yourself fired and or investigated. I am sure the Maryland staff would like to have a do-over.

I think it’s an outstanding idea and a hell of a lot better than what we were allowed to have to try and cool down ... 5 mins with everybody trying to get their heads under a water hose with cold water running out of it .

Would make sense with the thermometer he hung in the locker room showing the temperature in Gainesville.

I think the heat and our teams overall conditioning in 2016 was one of the factors that helped us win. Florida melted physically, with cramps and mental breakdowns.

Or both, but we may just be short on talent, remember we just came off the two worst seasons in UT history
The way that Pruitt has structured his staff Chaney has the freedom to work with all position group. Oline is thev weakest group as we are returning a lot of experience at every other group. It makes sense Chaney would be spending the most time with the line.

VN Store

Back