Vols Didn't Run Through the T (Merged)

I am over it. And the university will be out $3000+ a pop for this idiotic move. Once again, if you're not affected, why don't you stay out of the debate?

Oh, and since we're talking about rules, UT is a dry campus. I hope that neither you, OrangeSquare, or any of the other law-enforcement agents of the board consume alcohol before the game. My guess is that if UT decided to start enforcing a LAW (since the "rules" on the back of a parking pass are so black-and-white), there would be outrage. Just a guess. See how it feels when you're affected?

this is a message board. who are you to say who can post and who can't. i don't see what me not parking there has to do with anything.

i tailgate on the strip, which is not dry, therefore i have nothing to worry about. thanks for the concern though.

because the rules on the back of the pass state specifically what you can and can't get away with. what more do you need? they've been letting you get away with breaking the rules and now you can't. get over it. life's a bitch.
I think that he stated he didn't tailgate out of his assigned spot so what rule is he breaking? None, it is the fact that there are more spots available down below. You cant sow up late and get the best spot. Get real man, if you don think that this is a big deal, you are dead wrong. The university needs that money for the VASF which brings in players which we need that if big doners get pissed and pull the tickets-no more money.

who cares about running through the T. yeah, it's neat, but man, it's at every home game (give or take once every 40 years or so). all that mattered yesterday was that the vols won (and alabama got beat).

Go for it!!

Gunfight.jpg

i seriously seriously doubt this (non)incident is going to hurt the Athetic Department for more money.

Hmmmm. . . .ending the tailgating abilities of a huge group of some of the University's most-giving donors, skipping two of our great game-time traditions -- on Homecoming, and asking a fan to stop cheering so loudly. . . .all amidst unacceptable on-field performance, rising ticket prices, and a multi-million dollar renovation project. . . .

I'm no Poly-Sci Major or CPA, but these seem like REALLY bad moves, at this juncture.

The thread should read "The Current Administration is a Joke"!
I thought they were leary of the band trampling a wet soggy field.

I, being an alum and diehard traditionalist have no problem with suspending running thru the T because of the weather. But let me warn you, Mike Hamilton, if you change the school colors to pink then you will be seeing me and my people!!!:)

I wasn't there- just saw some news clips of the level of rain & storm- but I've got to assume that the walk was cancelled because all the trainers thought somebody else was in charge of making sure there were enough landing craft to get the players through all the bodies of the drowned alum between the athletic center and the hill.

The running through the T part is easy. Anybody who knows anything about turkey farming is aware that (seriously) you have to rush the beasts inside whenever there's a threat of rain, because they will stare stupidly at the sky with their mouths open and, if the rain goes on long enough (I swear) drown.

Now imagine you're standing in a monsoon with a tuba in your mouth.....

Jeez what a bunch of crybabies. Ill give you a case of tissues and some pamprin for your season tix.

who cares about running through the T. yeah, it's neat, but man, it's at every home game (give or take once every 40 years or so). all that mattered yesterday was that the vols won (and alabama got beat).

please tell me your joking. running throught the t is one of the best traditions we have, if not one of the best in the entire country.

Hmmmm. . . .ending the tailgating abilities of a huge group of some of the University's most-giving donors, skipping two of our great game-time traditions -- on Homecoming, and asking a fan to stop cheering so loudly. . . .all amidst unacceptable on-field performance, rising ticket prices, and a multi-million dollar renovation project. . . .

I'm no Poly-Sci Major or CPA, but these seem like REALLY bad moves, at this juncture.

They ended someone's ability to tailgate? How did they do this?

There were very legitimate reasons to skip these 2 traditions, the fact that it was homecoming adds nothing to the discussion.

We have proof they asked this fan to stop cheering so loudly?

A renovation project seems like a bad idea?

I try to go to at least one or two games a year. I don't have season tickets so I have to get tickets by other means. Even though I go a couple of times a year I've never seen the Vol Walk. I was excited about getting to go to the UT vs. Marshall game because It would be my first Vol walk. I'm disappointed they didn't do the Vol walk but I certainly understand. I am also disappointed about the power T. But given the circumstances of the day I was wonderfully pleased to have the opportunity to watch my Vols play. If someone would have told me that it was going to come a monsoon, there would be no Vol walk and no power T, I would have still went to the game and I would have still had a great time. These were extreme circumstances and extreme measures had to be taken. We complain about our blessed traditions getting interrupted for one game. Remember the teams and fans who had their entire seasons interrupted by Katrina.

Whatever dude. Where you at the game? It was sunny for the pregame and the field was drained. Safety was not the issue. THEY SAID IT WAS CANCELLED B/C OF THE DELAY!

It doesn't matter if I was at the game. It's common sense, and I understand your disappointment. I really do. However, it was the right call. Its not in the rules that the university have the Power T. When a game is delayed for lightning, the stadium rules are pretty rough. It sucks, for sure, but to be angry about this is a little out there. Disappointed? Yes. Sad? Yes.

please tell me your joking. running throught the t is one of the best traditions we have, if not one of the best in the entire country.

i'm not joking. I said it was neat, but it's no big freaking deal if it gets cancelled once every 40 years. i didn't say "i'm glad it got cancelled, we could do without it".

calm down buster... they didnt do the t and the ceremonies becuase they didnt want them to trample the field and make it all rough. I was very unhappy with no T but had they done the full deal they may have not been able to play with the field all trampled. They were also tryin to fit the game into that window of the monsoon before and then after which they succeeded in

They ended someone's ability to tailgate? How did they do this?

By barring tents, grills, and any sort of sizeable celebration from arguably the best lot on campus.

There were very legitimate reasons to skip these 2 traditions, the fact that it was homecoming adds nothing to the discussion.

Vol Walk, OK. I'm buying. "T," guess again.

We have proof they asked this fan to stop cheering so loudly?

Ummm. . . .Yes.

A renovation project seems like a bad idea?

Of course not. But it IS a bad idea to piss off a huge number of high-dollar donors while funding such a project.

VN Store

Back