Vols Didn't Run Through the T (Merged)

It is very rare that pregame is cancelled, but I seem to recall it having happened one other time while I've been here... that would be since 2001.

Well game was delayed for like an hour so I guess they wanted to get it going.

It was kind of sad, really. That's one of my favorite parts of gameday at UT. But. . . .the weather was freak-nasty at kickoff.

Amazing to me that some of us spent all week crying about not getting to break Univeristy rules in a parking garage anymore, and no one is seriously upset that Tennessee completely wiffed on one of it's biggest Traditions.

There wasn't any excuse for the band not forming the T for the team to run through. I understand not doing the full pregame, but they could have formed USA, played God Bless America and then turned it into the T and let the team run through.

Amazing to me that some of us spent all week crying about not getting to break Univeristy rules in a parking garage anymore, and no one is seriously upset that Tennessee completely wiffed on one of it's biggest Traditions.

There wasn't any excuse for the band not forming the T for the team to run through. I understand not doing the full pregame, but they could have formed USA, played God Bless America and then turned it into the T and let the team run through.
Except for that fact that not having already had a plan in place for that would have caused utter chaos. :wacko:

They had an hour extra to figure out what they needed to do with the band while the rain was coming down.

It wouldnt be that hard for them to ask the band director to just have the band take the field in "T" formation for the team to run through.

I'm not wanting to write any letters or threaten my season tickets, or even claim that it was the worst gameday expierence in years, but it was a dropped ball in my opinion.

I think they were just doing everything they could to get the game started. Plus there's no need to put a marching band on a field that just took 2 inches of rain.

They had an hour extra to figure out what they needed to do with the band while the rain was coming down.

It wouldnt be that hard for them to ask the band director to just have the band take the field in "T" formation for the team to run through.

I'm not wanting to write any letters or threaten my season tickets, or even claim that it was the worst gameday expierence in years, but it was a dropped ball in my opinion.
:wacko: You crawl others for complaining about some of the subpar performances on the field, that REALLY matter... yet you complain about a Tradition that you think should have been upheld. Let me guess, we should have had the Vol Walk too. :wacko:

I'm still trying to absorb the irony of complaining about critiques of the game and then critiquing the marching band.

I was as disappointed as anyone that we didn't have our regular traditions on display but in the end, it was the right call.

It started storming as soon as the game was over. They couldn't have timed it better.

acorind to the radio they only have 30 minutes after the last sign of lightning to get ready. That would have required to UT to only warm up for 20 or so minutes so I guess there is an excuse

Tennessee left the field from warmups with 12 minutes to go on the pregame clock.

There was no reason why the band couldn't form the T for the players to run through.

I feel sorry for the people that were making their first trip to Neyland today and didn't get to see a tradition that every other fan has seen for 41 years.

VN Store

Back