Vols Didn't Run Through the T (Merged)

You didn't listen to Mike Hamilton after the game did you? Any sort of lightning within 6 miles and no fans are allowed in the stadium or anyone on the field. There is a minimum of a 30 min wait. This is an SEC rule and there is nothing you can do about it. We were lucky the game was even played yesterday. There were talks of playing it today.
That still gives no explanation of why no power T. IT wasn't raining or storming at the start of the game. IT WAS SUNNY. The only reason givin was the game was delayed so no pregame. DID YOU READ I TALKED A BAND MEMEBER AND HE WAS NOT GIVEN AN EXPLANAION?

I agree it's dissapointing to not have all the normal gameday activites but safety is more important. I think alot of people are more upset they didn't have it because it was Homecoming.
Once again it is not a safety issue. Read the paper. THe storm had cleared and it was sunny. If it is a safety issue why did they let the band practcie all morning during the downpour?

bigdaddy,

I'll send you $50 for those season tickets when you decide not to support them anymore. :)

TWO seats a parking pass and my donation = 2000, fifty aint going to cut it

That still gives no explanation of why no power T. IT wasn't raining or storming at the start of the game. IT WAS SUNNY. The only reason givin was the game was delayed so no pregame. DID YOU READ I TALKED A BAND MEMEBER AND HE WAS NOT GIVEN AN EXPLANAION?

There was about a 3-4 hour window to get this game in. The university was well informed about the weather and decided they needed to start the game as soon as possible, so no power T and no band. Again, we were lucky we got to play yesterday at all.

There was a debacle a few years ago where they had some sort of pregame ceremony/speech before the official pregame. It ran into the time allotted for the official pregame and we wound up with the other team running onto the field through the band, as well as the officials and captains practically knocking over band members. Communication between the Athletics Department and the Music Department has always bee spotty, and I would think they wanted to avoid problems like that. When you do things "on the fly" without planning and rehearsal, things go wrong.

You shouldn't be blaming the university for things that you consider gaffes that at best involve the Athletic Department and the Music Department. The univeristy has been focusing more on academics for the past 2-3 years. How dare they. :rolleyes:

Once again it is not a safety issue. Read the paper. THe storm had cleared and it was sunny. If it is a safety issue why did they let the band practcie all morning during the downpour?

Because there was no lightning in the morning. The issue was lightning. It had everything to do with safety and the SEC rule.

After telling people to not cheer, cutting out tailgaiting in G-10, andlast nights debacle of NO POWER T, NO HALFTIME CEREMONY; I am fed up with the AD. I spoke with a band member one the way back to my car and he was CRUSHED that they did not do the full on ceremony. They gave him no reason why he could not go on the field and play. I have had it with UT and I am considering pulling my season tickets if this behavior continues. The reason given for no power T-the game was delayed. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrads to the boys for playin hard.

I agree with the Mike Hamilton part. He is definitly not one of my favorite ADs. Dickey was much better. He cared about the fans, and knew how important the large stadium capacity was. Cap that off with Hamilton wanting inflated donations to go with the season tickets, and you've got alot of unhappy UT fans. Sadly, this is the reason my family isn't holding season tickets for the first time in awhile. Through thick and thin though.

There was plenty of time to do the pregame. They had 15 minutes of no one on the field. The last four minutes while the band played from the benches they all stood around looking at each other.

As for them focusing on academics, what does that have to do with th pregame. I serioulsy doubt our academis board is involved in pregame ritual. And I am blamming the university for thier mistakes. The g-10 issue, the fan that cheered to loud, no pregame, it all adds up. I pay a good deal of money to do this and it pisses me off. Yesterday looked like a pro game, and we lost our tradition. That was te first time ever since the start of the T it was not done-41 years. Time consrtaints, what a joke. The game was on pay per view.

Because there was no lightning in the morning. The issue was lightning. It had everything to do with safety and the SEC rule.
I gotta call BS on that. I tailgate by the band and there was lightning in the morning that interrupted practice. Read the paper, the band was not called off for safety, it was the delay that cancelled pregame.

There was plenty of time to do the pregame. They had 15 minutes of no one on the field. The last four minutes while the band played from the benches they all stood around looking at each other.

As for them focusing on academics, what does that have to do with th pregame. I serioulsy doubt our academis board is involved in pregame ritual. And I am blamming the university for thier mistakes. The g-10 issue, the fan that cheered to loud, no pregame, it all adds up. I pay a good deal of money to do this and it pisses me off. Yesterday looked like a pro game, and we lost our tradition. That was te first time ever since the start of the T it was not done-41 years. Time consrtaints, what a joke. The game was on pay per view.

You want some cheese with that whine.

No, but I want what I pay for-the best gameday experience in the states.

I parked for free on the street. Went to three bars on the strip. Bought a ticket for $20 dollars and had a great time.

I parked for free on the street. Went to three bars on the strip. Bought a ticket for $20 dollars and had a great time.
Thank you for supporting local buisness. I am glad you had a good time. I enjoy the games but this is about them taking away from us. Three big mistakes this week. I tailgate all day, am there at 730 am no matter what. I love this game for it's pagentry. Forgive me for being passionate about it.

You want some cheese with that whine.

no kidding.

forget about people's safety. there's no need to protect the players and the people watching the game.

as for the G-10 issue, i can't imagine the University is banning grills in a parking garage becuse they feel like it, or because they can. and, correct if me i'm wrong here, but doesn't your parking pass entitle you to ONE spot? why would you think you could get away with more?

Thank you for supporting local buisness. I am glad you had a good time. I enjoy the games but this is about them taking away from us. Three big mistakes this week. I tailgate all day, am there at 730 am no matter what. I love this game for it's pagentry. Forgive me for being passionate about it.

You don't need to apologize to me. The fact is we had some bad weather that changed some of the pagentry. This is beyond anyones control.

no kidding.

forget about people's safety. there's no need to protect the players and the people watching the game.

as for the G-10 issue, i can't imagine the University is banning grills in a parking garage becuse they feel like it, or because they can. and, correct if me i'm wrong here, but doesn't your parking pass entitle you to ONE spot? why would you think you could get away with more?
Ummm.....they did stop people saturday from tailgating in the garage. Kiddiedoc parks there and he told me the story. You might want to check with him on that one.

You don't always get what you want. Be a little flexible when things don't go just as planned.

forget about people's safety. there's no need to protect the players and the people watching the game

Once again, this had NOTHING to do with safety. If the band was kept on the sideline for safety, then why were fans, officials, and players in the stadium?

First, here's the KNS story, since no one (except those who actually pay to park in the garage) seems to accept that this crap is happenning:

Beginning Saturday, officers will "strictly enforce" a prohibition against tents and grills in the parking area.

KnoxNews: Govols

I can assure you (once again, since I am actually there) that there were at LEAST 30, yes 30, cops on patrol. The entire top level was empty (and this is no small garage). There are ALWAYS spots down below, even for big games. There were two, and only two, problems at the UF game: 1) congregations of unruly students who were drunk out of their gourds (nothing to do with the G-10 pass-holders), and 2) old people who show up just before kickoff (even 10-20 minutes, and that is NOT an exaggeration) demanding primo spots on the top.

I accept that it's easy for people who are not affected by this move to call me or others "whiners." But, since you have no horse in this race, why don't you let people who actually are affected do the debating? This lot has been used by big donors for years and represents a huge tailgating tradition. . . .just below the Jumbotron, watching the Navy float in, grills blazing, flags flying, and music blaring.

Really??? I think you might want to reconsider that thought, given the events of the past week.
I really do. I don't think rule changes necessarily mean they want less game day atmosphere. While understanding the gripes, I think they are minor issues which shouldn't take away from the games. The gameday experience really is what you make it. Tailgate, drink some adult beverages, show hospitality to opposing fans, etc.

Power T will be back next home game and things will return to normal.

Once again, this had NOTHING to do with safety. If the band was kept on the sideline for safety, then why were fans, officials, and players in the stadium?

First, here's the KNS story, since no one (except those who actually pay to park in the garage) seems to accept that this crap is happenning:

I can assure you (once again, since I am actually there) that there were at LEAST 30, yes 30, cops on patrol. The entire top level was empty (and this is no small garage). There are ALWAYS spots down below, even for big games. There were two, and only two, problems at the UF game: 1) congregations of unruly students who were drunk out of their gourds (nothing to do with the G-10 pass-holders), and 2) old people who show up just before kickoff (even 10-20 minutes, and that is NOT an exaggeration) demanding primo spots on the top.

I accept that it's easy for people who are not affected by this move to call me or others "whiners." But, since you have no horse in this race, why don't you let people who actually are affected do the debating? This lot has been used by big donors for years and represents a huge tailgating tradition. . . .just below the Jumbotron, watching the Navy float in, grills blazing, flags flying, and music blaring.
I read this in the paper. Do you know if there have been any efforts to have the school reconsider? I understand if you pay for one space, you get one space. But not allowing any form of tailgating in g10 is bizarre.

because the rules on the back of the pass state specifically what you can and can't get away with. what more do you need? they've been letting you get away with breaking the rules and now you can't.

VN Store

Back