Vols Didn't Run Through the T (Merged)

I have to imagine if the vols lost, we would not be complaining about tailgating, the vol walk, or running through the T. Everyone would be calling for Fulmers head, and complaining on what we did wrong. I would much rather hear complaining about all of this then us losing.

Do posts like this warrant being called an idiot? moron? Really, I am just asking for clarification.
No, it just points out how I am upset with the University for the way the handled MY MONEY this week. Get a ticket, file a complaint.

No, it just points out how I am upset with the University for the way the handled MY MONEY this week. Get a ticket, file a complaint.
I had a ticket...it was for the Marshall-UT football game. The ticket was not for pregame festivities. The Pride of the Southland Band is fun to watch if it is your first time at a UT game, other than that it is the same old show every week of every fall. See one, see them all! Talk of letting go of your season tickets over a lack of pregame show is ridiculous at best. The band is the sideshow, the game is the main event. You do not risk the conditions of the main event to spare the sideshow. The Athletic Dept made the right call. This is the same field and the same drainage system that was torn up during the fumble game against Florida 4 years ago. You think that game might have been on the minds of the coaching staff, just a little? You fumble 5 times, it does not matter if you are playing Florida or Bearden Middle School, you will probably lose that game. So, stop your belly aching, it is trite, arrogant, and pompous. You're experience on gameday is not more important than a team victory. It never will be.

My experience on gameday is just that and if you don't want to see me complain about G-10, telling fans to sit down, and the power t then DONT READ THE THREAD. Get a ticket file a complaint was my motto for me, not you. I am about sick of your bellyaching. I have a right to speak my voice and complain about the changes that I do not agree with. The game is the main event but like I siad earlier, I enjoy the pagentry of college football and I believe that we have the best ritual in the world. If all I wanted was a football game I would watch the NFL or stay at home. The tailgating, the lack of respect by telling fans to sit down, the fact we had a chance to do the tradition is upsetting to ME. I dont care is it doesnt bother you. I enjoyed the game and am glad we won. I am venting my frustration over a message board and that is what it is for. Get a grip man. I am no trite arrogant or pompous or an idiot or any other name you can come up with. I am a fan that is upset wiht the dealings of last week.

Being upset over the lack of the "T" formation, given Saturday's conditions, proves just how "trie arrogant or pompous an idiot or a moran" you are.

Sorry for lack of typing skills, I went back to fix it but whatever. You missed the point. I am upset about G-10. I am upset about telling a fan at home to quit yelling. Yes, I am upset for the first time in history that we didnt run through the T. You are bullheaded and narrowminded in my opinion. If all you want is the game, fine. I enjoy my friends, tailgating, taking pictures of the team running through the T, and the game. It is all part of what I wait on every year and that is gameday for me. I spend a lot of money to do this and I feel cheated. Obvioulsy you can call me out for that but I guess we will have to disagree on what we consider gameday.

Sorry for lack of typing skills, I went back to fix it but whatever. You missed the point. I am upset about G-10. I am upset about telling a fan at home to quit yelling. Yes, I am upset for the first time in history that we didnt run through the T. You are bullheaded and narrowminded in my opinion. If all you want is the game, fine. I enjoy my friends, tailgating, taking pictures of the team running through the T, and the game. It is all part of what I wait on every year and that is gameday for me. I spend a lot of money to do this and I feel cheated. Obvioulsy you can call me out for that but I guess we will have to disagree on what we consider gameday.

I could care less that you pay a lot of money. That does not entitle you to more than you paid for. You pay for 1 parking spot and a ticket for the football game. Anything else is extra, and therefore it is at the University's discretion to allow it, prohibit it, suspend it, cancel it, etc. The only obligations the university has to you, no matter how much money you paid, is a (as in 1) parking spot, a seat, and a football game. If they cannot accommodate any of those 3, then they should offer you a refund, and you should demand one. Other than that, you have no case.

When you buy a ticket to the game, you are paying for a football game, PERIOD. Yeah, I feel bad for you that you didn't get to see the normal traditions. However, due to the weather, safety, timeliness, and other factors kept you from seeing that. You're acting a bit selfish in this.

The university doesn't OWE us the Power T. They don't. It will be here every week again barring problems. It's not like they took it away forever.

And nobody should complain about G-10.

Fine, but I only use one space so you are wrong there. The people I tailgate with only use one space and now no more. No more grills, tents, chairs. You park and you leave in G-10. That will hopefully change but that spot cost 1000 bucks so they willprobably lose some big doners. You are correct that all they owe me are those three things, that is what I pay for. If they sold my seat I would get a refund. But our "being a fan" was put to the side this week and it upsets me. Your game exp. is different than mine so I dont' expect you to see it that way.

When you buy a ticket to the game, you are paying for a football game, PERIOD. Yeah, I feel bad for you that you didn't get to see the normal traditions. However, due to the weather, safety, timeliness, and other factors kept you from seeing that. You're acting a bit selfish in this.

The university doesn't OWE us the Power T. They don't. It will be here every week again barring problems. It's not like they took it away forever.

And nobody should complain about G-10.
Even the band didn't know why they weren't on the field. IT was very confusing to everyone around me as well. The sunwas out and had been for most of the pregame and we had seen them on the field when he had downpours before. As for G-10, the one that don't break the rules have a right to be upset.

Even the band didn't know why they weren't on the field. IT was very confusing to everyone around me as well. The sunwas out and had been for most of the pregame and we had seen them on the field when he had downpours before. As for G-10, the one that don't break the rules have a right to be upset.
Not as long as you were indifferent to others breaking the rules...

That's silly. If you weren't breaking the rules, what do you have to be upset about?!?! :wacko:

for every major donor that's leaves the university and their tickets there's another one willing to take their spot. it's not like there is X amount of rich people, and when they're gone, they're gone.

although, most people will get over this. unlike bigdaddy.

Guess what ... the sun was out BEFORE THE LIGHTNING STRUCK THAT SUSPENDED THE GAME! I hate caps, but it needs to be clear. You are not a meteorologist. If the university sacrificed a tradition for safety and timeliness, and you don't like it, you need to get some perspective. It was dangerous for everyone at the stadium before the game. The university did their best to keep everyone safe and then get the game played. There were serious systems to the south of Knoxville at kickoff.

You ARE acting selfish, but I kind of hope you DO give up your season tickets. In the long term, it will be a self imposed punishment for being so ridiculous.

If it was so dangerous for us to be at the game, then why are they on the field playing in the corner. Why are we in the stadium. Why didnt they print that in the paper. Once again it was stated the pregame was cancelled due to the delay not the weather warnings. If they cared about safety the would have called the entire game and not played at all. Or continue to delay as long as possible. Where you at the game to see the weather?

If it was so dangerous for us to be at the game, then why are they on the field playing in the corner. Why are we in the stadium. Why didnt they print that in the paper. Once again it was stated the pregame was cancelled due to the delay not the weather warnings. If they cared about safety the would have called the entire game and not played at all. Or continue to delay as long as possible. Where you at the game to see the weather?
I was up the street in my apartment, where Third Creek had literally swallowed Concord.

The delay was directly related to the weather. How can you not understand that? You get to playing the game as soon as you can, and get it done while weather permits. It started raining hard again around the time the game ended.

The university has always been overly cautious since the new field was put in. I have stood on that field plenty of times in the rain and it was just as solid as if it were dry. I don't think most of you notice, but most marching bands do not drag their feet and tear up the turf. On the other hand the team does quite a bit more damage and the field still looked great (according to TV). I for one am glad I missed my 1st alumni band performance in 8 years (it was my sons 5th b'day) because I would have practiced and put in a lot of time and effort and then realised it was wasted.

I understand the delay, really. I am not upset over delaying the game for the weather. We still had over 30 min of prekickoff time on the clock and the band played in the corner while the weather was clear and had been for 1 hr. We have done the pregame in bad weather before, not missed one in 41 years. It is the loss of our traditions this week that upset me and this was just one piece of a mess. If it is for safety, fine I am happy with that.

I understand the delay, really. I am not upset over delaying the game for the weather. We still had over 30 min of prekickoff time on the clock and the band played in the corner while the weather was clear and had been for 1 hr. We have done the pregame in bad weather before, not missed one in 41 years. It is the loss of our traditions this week that upset me and this was just one piece of a mess. If it is for safety, fine I am happy with that.
When was the weather clear for 1 hour??? I was in XX4 and I got rained on during the pregame, during the first quarter, and it came down hard with about 5 minutes left in the first half. The second half was rain free, and once I got out of the stadium it came down hard again...

Quit pulling this BS about being there. You don't have to be somewhere to understand weather. THE SUN WAS SHINING RIGHT BEFORE LIGHTNING STRUCK. You keep tossing that in there, but I trust meteorologists, refs who are in contact with weather services, and the general stadium staff more than YOU.

This topic I think has been played out. There was rain, lightening, and then more rain. Game delayed. No T because of.. Well whatever reason. Over, life goes on. Sometimes things happen or don't happen for a reason.

When life gives you lemons... Drink Tequila.

VN Store

Back