@VolNExile

In 1974, I went to Sugar. A freak warm spell had melted the snow. A bored employee put me on “grass skis” and sent me down the bunny hill. My college dorm floor monitor said that my brief run produced a rooster tail of sod particles. Waving and hollering, a lodge manager chased me down, made me sit on the wet grass, and pulled off the “grass skis” then and there. The employee caught fire and brimstone.

Ok, and @vollygirl, I have to give my northeast Tennessee home some love here: Watauga Lake is absolutely stunning and gorgeous. You can go eat at Shirley’s (home cooking, soul food restaurant) if you’re willing to go that far out of the way. Watauga Lake is my favorite place on this earth.
Thanks!! We don't have anything planned, so that is a definite possibility!

Reactions: volfanbill
Ok, and @vollygirl, I have to give my northeast Tennessee home some love here: Watauga Lake is absolutely stunning and gorgeous. You can go eat at Shirley’s (home cooking, soul food restaurant) if you’re willing to go that far out of the way. Watauga Lake is my favorite place on this earth.
Elizabethton? Butler?

In 1974, I went to Sugar. A freak warm spell had melted the snow. A bored employee put me on “grass skis” and sent me down the bunny hill. My college dorm floor monitor said that my brief run produced a rooster tail of sod particles. Waving and hollering, a lodge manager chased me down, made me sit on the wet grass, and pulled off the “grass skis” then and there. The employee caught fire and brimstone.
I remember Ober Gatlinburg’s frozen granular surface with bits of plastic underlayment poking through.

Ah, memories!

I remember Ober Gatlinburg’s frozen granular surface with bits of plastic underlayment poking through.

Ah, memories!

I remember long artificial turf with plastic pellets during summer. Skied that in August while wearing shorts. Had a few strawberries to show for it.

Reactions: VolNExile
@VolNExile how's your daughters Knee rehab going? She should be close to half way of the 9 months pt you mentioned
As far as I know, very well. (She’s two time zones away.) As of the end of June, she was riding 2-3 miles on her bike.

I would not be surprised to learn that the first 5-6 months are 90% of the rehab, and the rest is just tweaking.

VN Store

Back