@VolNExile

I remember you saying yours had a pretty strong vibration.

I've got this cheap one that has an "Alarm" function and a separate "Events" function and I'm hooked on it. I've got my whole month set up on it. The vibration is fine for reminders, but it's not quite strong enough to wake me and again, the "fitness" functions are practically worthless.

The Yamay is great all around and I contacted them and told them what I wanted, make it and I'll buy 3. Lulz. They replied and said they will keep my information and contact me at a later date and sent me a gift certificate.
I turn off my Bluetooth connection at night because the vibration for any notification wakes me up. I have no doubt if I used my watch as a wake up alarm it would wake me. But perhaps you’re a heavier sleeper than I am. Fwiw, I use my phone for my wake up alarm and event reminders

Reactions: Behr
I turn off my Bluetooth connection at night because the vibration for any notification wakes me up. I have no doubt if I used my watch as a wake up alarm it would wake me. But perhaps you’re a heavier sleeper than I am. Fwiw, I use my phone for my wake up alarm and event reminders
I used to use my phone for all that, but I hate being married to my phone. I really like having it all in a watch. It's a fun "gadget" that is very helpful in my forgetfulness that is accruing.

Reactions: volfanbill
I used to use my phone for all that, but I hate being married to my phone. I really like having it all in a watch. It's a fun "gadget" that is very helpful in my forgetfulness that is accruing.
My days aren’t so crazy that I need event reminders, ie, I’m busy, but my stuff is normally similar in nature and by default we have a program on our work computer that we have to use to set up daily and weekly calendars. So I just don’t need my phone or watch for those features. Maybe if my forgetfulness level starts growing.

My days aren’t so crazy that I need event reminders, ie, I’m busy, but my stuff is normally similar in nature and by default we have a program on our work computer that we have to use to set up daily and weekly calendars. So I just don’t need my phone or watch for those features. Maybe if my forgetfulness level starts growing.
Well, my forgetfulness is part of it but as I said, it's a gadget and I use it just to use it. I have reminders set to pray for Copper. One to pray for Tiffany. I have reminders set to water my peppers and one set to take a vitamin at certain times of the day as well as important stuff like the doctors appointment. Stuff I can remember, but I like having reminders.

Well, my forgetfulness is part of it but as I said, it's a gadget and I use it just to use it. I have reminders set to pray for Copper. One to pray for Tiffany. I have reminders set to water my peppers and one set to take a vitamin at certain times of the day as well as important stuff like the doctors appointment. Stuff I can remember, but I like having reminders.
That all makes perfect sense to me

Winders, I request some info. To keep it short I'll just get to the point.
Does your Samsung activity tracker have alarms? How many? Is the vibration pretty strong and how long does it vibrate?

Can you set them on the watch as well as the app?

Does it have anything like "Event reminders" in addition to the alarms?

Which model is it?

Yes it has alarms, it's tied to my calendar app. You can make them sound alarms or vibration alarms. I do not miss the vibrations.

You can snooze the alarms to remind you again. So what I put on my calendar, I get reminders for - you have a 10 am call you need to be on, it reminds me before, then again at the time. I think it had to be timed events though. Like if I have an all day event, holiday, birthday, etc. I'm not reminded. I could possibly change setting, not sure.

I can set notifications for certain times. I would wake up if someone is calling me or texting me at 1 AM, or had a calendar event at that time.

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2.

Yes it has alarms, it's tied to my calendar app. You can make them sound alarms or vibration alarms. I do not miss the vibrations.

You can snooze the alarms to remind you again. So what I put on my calendar, I get reminders for - you have a 10 am call you need to be on, it reminds me before, then again at the time. I think it had to be timed events though. Like if I have an all day event, holiday, birthday, etc. I'm not reminded. I could possibly change setting, not sure.

I can set notifications for certain times. I would wake up if someone is calling me or texting me at 1 AM, or had a calendar event at that time.

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2.
Cool, and I assume it's accurate?

Reactions: volwindy
Cool, and I assume it's accurate?
As accurate as it can be, I think they all have their inaccuracies at times. I know my aunt has an apple watch, my sister a Garmin, and my brother a fitbit. We've done activities together and I will say the apple has been the only one higher with activity data than the others, whereas the others were all very close.

This is the reminder for the test I have at 12:10. X it out or snooze.
View attachment 385710

Lulz, Joe liked this just because your arm is in it. Lol.

Just read some comments on Amazon about it. I don't pay much attention to most of them but sometimes you can get some good info. Seems the charge only last about 3 days, that right?

Cool. So you set that up on the watch app or on your phone calendar?
So I can pick which apps on my phone I want to coordinate with my watch within the watch app. I want calendar? Add it to the watch app. I want weather? Add it to watch app. Etc.

There might be specific apps that only work with the watch - like if you have a favorite weather app vs weather.com app, it may not work with your favorite.

20210809_121706.jpg

Lulz, Joe liked this just because your arm is in it. Lol.

Just read some comments on Amazon about it. I don't pay much attention to most of them but sometimes you can get some good info. Seems the charge only last about 3 days, that right?
That's about right, but it also depends on activity. We hiked Mt Leconte, stayed at the top for awhile, and had our hiking being tracked (including gps route). It was an entire day of tracking. Our watches were dead by the end of the day.

92AFFC37-80F7-4D63-BFF9-8A0788F5E404.jpeg
I set it to remind me 15 minutes early. I don’t have the snooze feature and this is set to my phone calendar. So those are both strikes for what you’re looking for @Behr

Update: I’ve installed a calendar “widget” to the watch. After my 1 o clock appointment, I’ll figure out how it works

VN Store

Back