'18 VA TE James Mitchell (Virginia Tech, potential transfer)

Tennessee Golfer

I get my corn from a jar
I grew up in big stone gap with this kid (though I was a few years older). Super athletic family, but the best thing about him is that he’s just a genuinely great person. Would be a great ambassador for the university
So it sounds like he’s well spoken?

wisvol22

He’s got 12 TDs in 22 games… wouldn’t call that not much.
Right, people don't realize how little tight ends are used in the passing game in college vs. the NFL. He actually had the 13th most receiving yards for a TE in 2020, with a 16.7 YPC (5th highest and a lot for a TE or even WR). You absolutely take this guy if he wants to come here.

clarencepeabody

Not a very well-known member
So it sounds like he’s well spoken?
Very. Check out some of his interview videos. But it’s not just that—he comes from a very upstanding family. His dad was my youth minister in high school, and had a profound influence on so many people. His mom played college basketball (I think at Howard, but don’t quote me on that) and is absolutely the nicest person you’ll ever meet.

Pridedad

Right, people don't realize how little tight ends are used in the passing game in college vs. the NFL. He actually had the 13th most receiving yards for a TE in 2020, with a 16.7 YPC (5th highest and a lot for a TE or even WR). You absolutely take this guy if he wants to come here.
Why does the TE get used less in college? Is it a developmental issue at this level?

Very. Check out some of his interview videos. But it’s not just that—he comes from a very upstanding family. His dad was my youth minister in high school, and had a profound influence on so many people. His mom played college basketball (I think at Howard, but don’t quote me on that) and is absolutely the nicest person you’ll ever meet.
Hey man I'm from BSG too. Glad you are friends with the Mitchells, they are good people.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Why does the TE get used less in college? Is it a developmental issue at this level?
The offenses don’t typically feature them. Your spread based focus on WRs and your pro types utilize their blocking skills more at the expense of their receiving prowess.

cobbwebb0710

Believe the Heup

cobbwebb0710

Believe the Heup
What the heck are you gonna waiting for? Tell this kid to get to Knoxville, ASAP!
😉
GBO!!

VN Store