'18 VA TE James Mitchell (Virginia Tech, potential transfer)

I wonder if this guy is related to Kevin Mitchell, a football and track star at Powell Valley High several years back.

Per VT site, he played in 13 games in 2018 (special teams), so he could use a redshirt for this year and still have 2 years remaining. I think he only played in 2-3 games in 2021 before getting hurt.
Is the 2 years remaining counting his Covid year.

1637640481480-jpeg.414172

Oh REheheheheeheheaAAAlllllLllLyYYYY

He’s got 12 TDs in 22 games… wouldn’t call that not much.

Right, people don't realize how little tight ends are used in the passing game in college vs. the NFL. He actually had the 13th most receiving yards for a TE in 2020, with a 16.7 YPC (5th highest and a lot for a TE or even WR). You absolutely take this guy if he wants to come here.

So it sounds like he’s well spoken?
Very. Check out some of his interview videos. But it’s not just that—he comes from a very upstanding family. His dad was my youth minister in high school, and had a profound influence on so many people. His mom played college basketball (I think at Howard, but don’t quote me on that) and is absolutely the nicest person you’ll ever meet.

Right, people don't realize how little tight ends are used in the passing game in college vs. the NFL. He actually had the 13th most receiving yards for a TE in 2020, with a 16.7 YPC (5th highest and a lot for a TE or even WR). You absolutely take this guy if he wants to come here.
Why does the TE get used less in college? Is it a developmental issue at this level?

Very. Check out some of his interview videos. But it’s not just that—he comes from a very upstanding family. His dad was my youth minister in high school, and had a profound influence on so many people. His mom played college basketball (I think at Howard, but don’t quote me on that) and is absolutely the nicest person you’ll ever meet.
Hey man I'm from BSG too. Glad you are friends with the Mitchells, they are good people.

Reactions: BSGVOL and KptVFL
Per VT site, he played in 13 games in 2018 (special teams), so he could use a redshirt for this year and still have 2 years remaining. I think he only played in 2-3 games in 2021 before getting hurt.
Injury free season = one and done season.

What the heck are you gonna waiting for? Tell this kid to get to Knoxville, ASAP!
😉
GBO!!

Reactions: LaTechVol

VN Store

Back