'18 VA TE James Mitchell (Virginia Tech, potential transfer)

I would like to sign two tight ends, but we should be fine with one. We'll return Pope, Eli Wolf, Brown, and Bumphus is 2018 as well as bring in Warren. With that being said, I would love to land Tremble or Mitchell.

What happened to Brooks?

Making his announcement today at 230. Between Va Tech, Duke, and Georgia. Wonder why we quit recruiting him?

Making his announcement today at 230. Between Va Tech, Duke, and Georgia. Wonder why we quit recruiting him?

I'd like to know that as well, living in Richlands, I've saw him 4 years in a row. Kid is talented! Always thought when we had Devon Johnson he could have went to Tennessee or a big power 5 school but he ended up at Marshall.

he jumps off the screen as far as his athleticism/speed in that video for sure. Hes a really good player. We have nobody in that TE room even close to that talented. Foley will be a good one but its gonna be a year or two. A really nice pass catching TE puts another layer to this offense.

Reactions: Samthebam and Eagle
he jumps off the screen as far as his athleticism/speed in that video for sure. Hes a really good player. We have nobody in that TE room even close to that talented. Foley will be a good one but its gonna be a year or two. A really nice pass catching TE puts another layer to this offense.
I’m excited to see what Campbell and Nixon can do.

I’m excited to see what Campbell and Nixon can do.
i forgot ab them. def some promise there.

this may not be anything but if it were a possibility he would be plug n play and it helps with the chemistry that hes already played with Hendon. He prob would make sure Hendon stays before coming. But who knows if theres anything to it.

Reactions: Samthebam
Can he block? Will have to be able to block to see the field. Definitely could be a weapon in the passing game.

He hasn't really done much at VT, especially in his 2 games this year. But some ACC fans I know said he is really good
Looking at his game log and consistently put out about 3 catches for 50 yards and 0.5 TDs every game. Has the chemistry with Hooker and has all the physical tools at 6-3, 245 with great speed. Would be a great pickup from the portal

Would really be an awesome pickup. I expect Fant moves on after this year. Maybe he comes back, but who knows. Warren will be back I imagine, so having Warren and Mitchell as your top two would be really nice. Mitchell obviously the more explosive of the two.

VN Store

Back