‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

All I know is that it sucks to be a defender when you are trying to tackle a guy, or cover a guy that is 6' 1", 220lbs and runs a 4.3 40. That's a nightmare scenario. Once Cam learns he and the rest of our speedy pass catchers will keep defensive coordinators up very late at night....even later at night then trying to figure out how to stop Hooker and company. Dude is taylor made for this offense.

Yeah. He's hard to account for.
And very easy to get creative with.

Wright got more yards because he started to hit the hole harder and he got stronger, but he still won't make anybody miss at the second level.

Okay here's the list

UGA's top four RB's.

Jahmyr Gibbs
Montrell Johnson
Trevor Etienne
Devon Achane
Chris Rodriguez
Zach Evans
Quinshon Judkins
Raheem Sanders
Tank Bigsby
Marshawn Lloyd Jr
At least one of LSU's RB's

There are some good ones on that list, but the UGAs top 4 RBs thing is stretching it.
McIntosh sure, but Kendall Milton or Robinson I'm not trading Wright for. And who's 4th?

Montrell Johnson no.
Raheem Sanders no.
Trevor Ettiene hell no.
Lloys is at USC now, but still got out rushed by Wright with Wright having the harder schedule.
Wouldn't take M Johnson or Ettien over Jabari Small. Or Sampson.

With that said in my opinion Cam Seldon is a 5 star AT RB. he has some catching up to do as a WR but eventually he'll be really good at that too.

There are some good ones on that list, but the UGAs top 4 RBs thing is stretching it.
McIntosh sure, but Kendall Milton or Robinson I'm not trading Wright for. And who's 4th?

Montrell Johnson no.
Raheem Sanders no.
Trevor Ettiene hell no.
Lloys is at USC now, but still got out rushed by Wright with Wright having the harder schedule.

With that said in my opinion Cam Seldon is a 5 star AT RB. he has some catching up to do as a WR but eventually he'll be really good at that too.
The off season workouts will help Wright and a couple of other RBs a lot.

Montrell Johnson no.

Raheem Sanders no.

Trevor Ettiene hell no.

You wouldn't trade Wright for Rocket Sanders??? A 6-2, 225lb RB who runs a 4.45 and has great hands? Interesting. I would in a heartbeat...no offense to Jaylen.

Montrell Johnson no.
Raheem Sanders no.
Trevor Ettiene hell no.

Yeah Wright was also in the best offense in the country with superior run schemes, running against gassed defenses because of the tempo.

Trevor Etienne hell no? Dude had 719 yards with 6.1 yards per carry as a true freshman in the SEC. I'll give you Montrell he's kinda slow.

There was a reason why we were looking at getting Lloyd

Either way we are still gonna beat Bama in T-Town with Small and Wright

All I know is that it sucks to be a defender when you are trying to tackle a guy, or cover a guy that is 6' 1", 220lbs and runs a 4.3 40. That's a nightmare scenario. Once Cam learns he and the rest of our speedy pass catchers will keep defensive coordinators up very late at night....even later at night then trying to figure out how to stop Hooker and company. Dude is taylor made for this offense.
Bingo

You wouldn't trade Wright for Rocket Sanders??? A 6-2, 225lb RB who runs a 4.45 and has great hands? Interesting. I would in a heartbeat...no offense to Jaylen.
I like Sanders a lot actually. IIRC we were trying really hard to recruit him when we already had Wright committed. Has done nothing but shine at Arkansas.

Yeah...i'm fine with that pick. He's really good.
I'm just very high on Wright.
No question to me that if we didn't split carries so much that Wright gets over 1,000 as well.

Yeah Wright was also in the best offense in the country with superior run schemes, running against gassed defenses because of the tempo.

Trevor Etienne hell no? Dude had 719 yards with 6.1 yards per carry as a true freshman in the SEC. I'll give you Montrell he's kinda slow.

There was a reason why we were looking at getting Lloyd

Either way we are still gonna beat Bama in T-Town with Small and Wright
We passed on Lloyd too...
And either our players are good or it's just the scheme with how your describing it.
That's not fair to Wright or Hyatt, Bru etc..
Wright straight up ran over 230 lb Line backers in the hole multiple times this season.

Everyone is quick to look outside of our program for help. Transfer portal. Recruiting and perhaps not giving our own guys their due. Small is a good back and he got surpassed by Wright. Small is one of the hardest workers on the team.

Cam Seldon is cut from that same cloth.
Hes a grinder who plays with high energy. But the guys already there are doing that already but against faster better athletes. 6 years from now? Yeah I agree with you that Seldon will be ahead of all of them.

Reactions: JT3 and butchna
And Wright definitely has vision. It was a little lacking as a freshman, but improved drastically last year. That’s simply not a valid criticism of him.
Which is what makes me say Coach Mack is underrated. Wright looked like a track guy playing football as a freshman, to looking like a NFL back year 2.

The off season workouts will help Wright and a couple of other RBs a lot.

It's night and day how much Wright improved from Freshman to Sophomore year.
It didn't just manifest in more rushing yards, but also being able to score on goal line, and convert on 3rd and short. His pass blocking.
We don't beat Pitt or Bama without Wright imo.

@PlanetVolunteer
Because you have
- a Sr like Small (Who's been playing since Fr year)
- A Jr in Wright perhaps looking to go get paid after 2023
- A dynamic Sampson in YEAR 2 (Remember the jump Wright made that I mentioned earlier)
Cam can learn how to become a complete back with no pressure. Just healthy competition.
He can comfortably have a limited roll as a true freshman where the coaches can maximize his talents without being burdened with super high expectations. By late season 2024 no defense is gonna know what to do with Cam Seldon. And it will be in big part because Wright, Small, Sampson, Keyton, Bru all carried the load for him and let him watch and become a young beast in waiting.
And he's not gonna have to wait long to shine!

So yeah its crazy to me to think the coaches would start Cam Seldon at RB as true freshman even if learns all the checks and techniques. I'm not saying he's not capable of that.
Im saying it won't happen because we have 3 good players in front of him.

Reactions: Duke4vols
It's night and day how much Wright improved from Freshman to Sophomore year.
It didn't just manifest in more rushing yards, but also being able to score on goal line, and convert on 3rd and short. His pass blocking.
We don't beat Pitt or Bama without Wright imo.

He also showed huge improvement from the early season to later in the year. I think he is next year’s breakout player on offense

Reactions: LittleVol
He also showed huge improvement from the early season to later in the year. I think he is next year’s breakout player on offense
He missed some summer work and about all of fall camp because of injury. If he's healthy throughout spring and summer, he should have a big season starting game one. Injuries have really stunted that room as a whole. We got a glimpse in the Vandy game of just what Wright and Sampson are capable of doing.

You people are wasting time talking about Wright and Small. Give me Cam in the Wildcat and let’s go.
Yeah let's not use Squirrel or Bru at WR lol.

On a serious note: having Bru McCoy to look at everyday in practice is huge for Seldon!
From the way he uses his hands and body size to position himself in routes are crucial for a young guy like Cam.
Cam is 6'2 ish 220.
McCoy is probably 6'2 for real and 220 as well. And he uses all of it.

Especially with Cam being a RB predominantly starting out, having a whole year to spend with a physical freak like himself but older and more polished is a godsend.

VN Store

Back