‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

So you think that type of stuff works...that it prevents folks from setting high expectations? I don't think some random fan on a forum has enough sway to temper folks' excitement or opinions...which is why it's a pointless pursuit. It's not like Coach Heupel logged on and told us to lower our expectations. That would probably have an effect. VolfanVB2009 telling everyone to calm down about a recruit...nobody cares.
Ulysees E. McGill says

I believe he’ll be an epic X-factor matchup problem for opposing defenses…day one. A weapon we’ve never utilized. Owning my stupidity. 😏
Well...I hope so...I don't believe it, but I hope you're right and I'm not. I too think the kid could be great...eventually.

Well looks like they will be starting him off at RB
I think he'll play a lot, once he learns what he needs to. Having a guy that can play RB and shift to wr without stopping to sub in/out is a huge benefit in this offense.

I'm really excited to see what Seldon and Leacock are gonna do. This offense is gonna be nasty for at least the next few years. . . people are probably gonna call it the best offense ever. . . sounds crazy, but a few people claimed that the '22 offense could be argued as the best, now we're adding guys like Nico, Cam, Leacock. . . these guys are gonna win a title here before they leave.

I think he'll play a lot, once he learns what he needs to. Having a guy that can play RB and shift to wr without stopping to sub in/out is a huge benefit in this offense.

I'm really excited to see what Seldon and Leacock are gonna do. This offense is gonna be nasty for at least the next few years. . . people are probably gonna call it the best offense ever. . . sounds crazy, but a few people claimed that the '22 offense could be argued as the best, now we're adding guys like Nico, Cam, Leacock. . . these guys are gonna win a title here before they leave.
So many options off of slight variations with so much elite talent…so little defenses can do to counter. Just with Thornton/Squirrel/Bru/Keyton we’ve elevated. Add Seldon and Leacock and eventually Ethan Davis? Saban and Kirby will be back whining to the rules committee. 😂

Yeah if Cam figures out pass pro and develops the necessary vision needed to play running back then he's starting. Small and Wright will get the job done, but they aren't game changers by any stretch.

Totally agree

Yeah if Cam figures out pass pro and develops the necessary vision needed to play running back then he's starting. Small and Wright will get the job done, but they aren't game changers by any stretch.
You're selling them a little short don't you think?

Those guys are veterans that helped lead Tennessee to an 11-2 record. Ask Pittsburgh, Clemson or Alabama what they think of Jaylen Wright.

You completely skipped over Dylan Sampson too.

It's absolutely pointless and a waste of time. Let folks be excited...it's going to happen anyways. Being the "voice of reason" when it comes to lowering expectations on a fan message board is a pointless pursuit.

Nothing wrong with being hopeful about new guys, especially when the staff seems to be feeding the POTENTIAL fires. Some however will flip into negative under-performing mode while these guys are still in learning curves involving stepping into bigtime college football. I have been all-in on Seldon for a while, and THINK he may be one of those guys that got undervalued by the star givers because of conservative mode due to the level of his HS competition. Will be hoping for a healthy career and waiting for some evidence to roll in for the next few years. Not expecting a Herschel like start, but have no basis for knowing the impact of big time coaching combined with the training table and strength training he now has access to.

You're selling them a little short don't you think?

Those guys are veterans that helped lead Tennessee to an 11-2 record. Ask Pittsburgh, Clemson or Alabama what they think of Jaylen Wright.

You completely skipped over Dylan Sampson too.
I meant to mention Sampson, who has a higher upside than both of them too.

Not selling them short. They get the job done but the list of SEC running backs better than them is a little too long and it wouldn't surprise me if Dylan Sampson or Cam could jump them if they catch up to them mentally.

Now I'm sure they'll both get better and I trust them, but there are some glaring issues.

Small's durability and his lack of speed.

Wright is not very elusive and he has below average vision.

I meant to mention Sampson, who has a higher upside than both of them too.

Not selling them short. They get the job done but the list of SEC running backs better than them is a little too long and it wouldn't surprise me if Dylan Sampson or Cam could jump them if they catch up to them mentally.

Now I'm sure they'll both get better and I trust them, but there are some glaring issues.

Small's durability and his lack of speed.

Wright is not very elusive and he has below average vision.
They said the same things about Travis Stephens when J Train and Ced Houston came in as freshman.

Small does have injuries. But when he's healthy he can do everything you need a RB to do.

Wright became more elusive this season. And his added muscle showed up. He ran hard and delivered punishment for only a 205 lbs guy.

Id like to see that list of backs that you think are so much better than them.
I love Sampson too but i don't think more talented than Wright.

Seldon will definitely have good strong veterans to look up too.

They said the same things about Travis Stephens when J Train and Ced Houston came in as freshman.

Small does have injuries. But when he's healthy he can do everything you need a RB to do.

Wright became more elusive this season. And his added muscle showed up. He ran hard and delivered punishment for only a 205 lbs guy.

Wright got more yards because he started to hit the hole harder and he got stronger, but he still won't make anybody miss at the second level.

Okay here's the list

UGA's top four RB's.

Jahmyr Gibbs
Montrell Johnson
Trevor Etienne
Devon Achane
Chris Rodriguez
Zach Evans
Quinshon Judkins
Raheem Sanders
Tank Bigsby
Marshawn Lloyd Jr
At least one of LSU's RB's

All I know is that it sucks to be a defender when you are trying to tackle a guy, or cover a guy that is 6' 1", 220lbs and runs a 4.3 40. That's a nightmare scenario. Once Cam learns he and the rest of our speedy pass catchers will keep defensive coordinators up very late at night....even later at night then trying to figure out how to stop Hooker and company. Dude is taylor made for this offense.

Wright got more yards because he started to hit the hole harder and he got stronger, but he still won't make anybody miss at the second level.

Okay here's the list

UGA's top four RB's.

Jahmyr Gibbs
Montrell Johnson
Trevor Etienne
Devon Achane
Chris Rodriguez
Zach Evans
Quinshon Judkins
Raheem Sanders
Tank Bigsby
Marshawn Lloyd Jr
At least one of LSU's RB's
Wright took a big step forward from his freshman to sophomore year. I wouldn't bet against him being even better next season. He might end up being a lot more elusive in 2023.

And Wright definitely has vision. It was a little lacking as a freshman, but improved drastically last year. That’s simply not a valid criticism of him.

VN Store

Back