Utah State

Stop Jordan Lynch and you've stopped NIU. There's way too much stock being put into the Poinsettia Bowl. UT's offense will be a lot more diviersified than the one USU faced last night. I'm not worried.

:hi: good call

I just looked at their record b4 2010-2011 season and they were pretty bad actually. In 2006-07 they won 1 game. And we think 5-7 is bad.

I have a friend who is an alum so I hear about them a lot. Gary Andersen did a heck of a job with that program.

Never thought I'd see the day when people are worried about Utah State because they beat FIU.

We will beat them soundly.

I hope you are correct sir. Too many question marks to assume any sound victories next year. imo

I wish we had them in 2015. :)

I think we will be 9 - 3 in 2015 and a top #15 team nationally.

We should have an established q.b.
More depth.
A second full recruiting class under bUTch.
The receivers will be better.
The running back position will be better.
Every position will have been upgraded and each position will have more depth.

University of Alabama-Birmingham, Okla - homo, U. Connecticut, North Texas, UGA, South Carolina, Vandy, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Alabama, & a yet to be named S.E.C. West opponent.....

Reactions: 2 people
No need to pretend like they are Aubruns O and Bama's D all wrapped up in one team either.

In reality it will probably look a lot like the WKU game.

WKU was awful though. I think we roll; especially at home. But they're not terrible.

Reactions: 2 people
It's really unfortunate to have to open the year in 2014 against them. They are a good football team that knocked off NIU last night and pretty much shut down Lynch. Win, and it will be no big deal to anyone outside of Knoxville - you're supposed to win your home opener against a non conference team. Lose, and there will be a chernobyl like meltdown on VN and BJ will lose much of the fan base before the season even gets started.

Thoughts?

next time save the all the typing ..

if you're scared say you're scared

Reactions: 1 person
I think we will be 9 - 3 in 2015 and a top #15 team nationally.

We should have an established q.b.
More depth.
A second full recruiting class under bUTch.
The receivers will be better.
The running back position will be better.
Every position will have been upgraded and each position will have more depth.

University of Alabama-Birmingham, Okla - homo, U. Connecticut, North Texas, UGA, South Carolina, Vandy, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Alabama, & a yet to be named S.E.C. West opponent.....

Alot of silly speculation that just seems to count on the players of a 5-7 team magically becoming the players of a 9-3 team due to nothing other than a season of experience.

Also, the "second full recruiting class" point is just silly. What do you think the 2015 recruiting class would look like after two straight losing seasons under Butch? Do you really think it will rank much higher than the typical Dooley class? That's very doubtful.

Lol at you guys comparing Utah St to Western Kentucky. Utah St would have beaten UT with a healthy Keeton, this year.He returns next year. They damn sure wont be a push over.

next time save the all the typing ..

if you're scared say you're scared

fear? freaking fear?

I watched us play this year. I watched an awful Vandy team beat us. I watched an inept OC try to fit a square peg in a round hole. I watched our defense do nothing.

What in the hell does fear have to do with empirical evidence?

Reactions: 4 people
It's really unfortunate to have to open the year in 2014 against them. They are a good football team that knocked off NIU last night and pretty much shut down Lynch. Win, and it will be no big deal to anyone outside of Knoxville - you're supposed to win your home opener against a non conference team. Lose, and there will be a chernobyl like meltdown on VN and BJ will lose much of the fan base before the season even gets started.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I agree, but I think this is putting it mildly. Those who abandon support for CBJ at this point are clueless, IMO, and really have no idea how long it takes to develop talent, regardless of the raw talent level entering in the 2014 season. We expect to start a lot of freshmen again, and because of that, it's unfair to expect instant success, be it either spoken or unspoken from the fan base. The best idea is to temper expectations and just get through 2014 before we can start looking at "domination" again (and I use that term loosely).

Thoughts?

The sky is falling, we have to play Utah St.! REALLY!!! If you are skeert then say you are skeert! Vols role them up at home! Stop with the OMG Utah St. threads!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Utah state is losing about 15 or 16 of 22 guys on that 2 deep both off/def. I really wasn't that impressed with them or NIU.

Lol at you guys comparing Utah St to Western Kentucky. Utah St would have beaten UT with a healthy Keeton, this year.He returns next year. They damn sure wont be a push over.

A dual threat returns from an October '13 ACL with his main two WRs gone. Got it.

I would rather paly Utah State instead of Oregon. Is this a gimme? No, but this a game the VOLS should win.

VN Store

Back