Utah State

fade route

Just being honest
It's really unfortunate to have to open the year in 2014 against them. They are a good football team that knocked off NIU last night and pretty much shut down Lynch. Win, and it will be no big deal to anyone outside of Knoxville - you're supposed to win your home opener against a non conference team. Lose, and there will be a chernobyl like meltdown on VN and BJ will lose much of the fan base before the season even gets started.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 11 people
NIU wouldn't be ranked if they played in a real conference. I wouldn't put too much stock in that win

Reactions: 18 people
Yep, looks like an even tougher path to 6 wins next year than it was this year. But then, when you're fielding a team who loses at home to Vanderbilt and nearly loses to South Alabama too, you're always going to have a tough time.

Reactions: 16 people
I'm not worried about our opener with Utah St. Sure, they're a decent team and all but CBJ will have our team ready. Predicting we'll lose 5 games next season but this will not be one of them.

It's really unfortunate to have to open the year in 2014 against them. They are a good football team that knocked off NIU last night and pretty much shut down Lynch. Win, and it will be no big deal to anyone outside of Knoxville - you're supposed to win your home opener against a non conference team. Lose, and there will be a chernobyl like meltdown on VN and BJ will lose much of the fan base before the season even gets started.

Thoughts?

Exactly....those are my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they may very well be a better team than us next year, esp. if their QB is back (is he a Sr or a Jr?) That said, I think we scrape out a 3pt victory in a nail biter at home. If it were in Utah they would more than likely win.

I agree with the OP

Fortunately, IIRC they won't have a lot of returning starters; pretty much their entire offensive line and much of their defense

Have we really fell that far to now worry about Utah St? Kinda reminds me of everyone worrying about WKU.

Yep. We're a 5-7 team that didn't make a bowl game. They're a bowl team that just beat a top 20 team with a Heisman contending QB.

Yep, looks like an even tougher path to 6 wins next year than it was this year. But then, when you're fielding a team who loses at home to Vanderbilt and nearly loses to South Alabama too, you're always going to have a tough time.

Next season, we will be 5 - 7 again and miss a bowl game; however, in 2015, we will have at least a 9 - 3 record and be a top #15 team nationally.

That's what I said about Vandy about a month ago. I think we're on the way up, but you can't just pretend like it's 10 years ago.

No need to pretend like they are Aubruns O and Bama's D all wrapped up in one team either.

In reality it will probably look a lot like the WKU game.

VN Store

Back