UT Quarterback Touchdown Passes after 2 Games:

So basically you prefer a 55% to 63% accuracy rate (Pct) and a 6.8 yds per attempt to 7.5 yds? Not to mention KC's QB rating went down each year and JG is higher? What are you smoking?

KC also had Bryce Love averaging 7.8 and 7.1 yds per carry in 2015/16. KC is a good backup or he would still be starting at Stanford.
Most people prefer more touchdowns.....you know..the things that help win games..

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
If you check the film of his Chryst's TD pass. the receiver also had to slow down to make the catch. I don't see much difference in how they thro the deep ball. If the coaches think JG gives us the best chance to win, I trust their judgement over any poster on this or any other board.

You have guys open like that, the last thing you want to do is underthrow the ball

Both qb's have done pretty well so far. Neither are complete standouts but neither have done bad by no means.

JG has played well enough to win the games we have played. KC has shown so far to be a more than capable back-up should CJP call on him.

Hopefully both can keep improving because both have plenty they can improve on but so far I'm happy to see what they've shown.

This thread:

nZzpEW.gif

If JG did not short throw deep balls, he would have at least 2 more TD's. MC and JP in the ETSU game to be more specific. His ceiling may be higher, but KC actually gives us the best chance to win. JG is no Dobbs. He is not taking off and running with the ball.
So you think the coaches that watch them practice don't have the best player playing the one that gives the Vols the best chance to win! You know more than the coaches! And no this isn't a question because I know the answer by who ever they play.

You also have to look at the gameplan of the two games to see the full picture. We didnt want to get into a shoot out with west virginia, because once grier gets in rhythm there was no way our offense could keep up. So the plan was for short passes and runs to chew clock and take them off rhythm while also limiting the chances for interceptions. JG really didnt throw deep balls against them because it didnt make sense to with the game plan. Now it might have helped towards the end, but west virginia was already up and scoring at will so giving them the ball right back really hurts us more than pounding it. They also tried to run more near the goal line instead of passing and risking an interception. Thats why JG didnt have many in that game.

In the ETSU game, it was sorta the same strategy. In a game against a lower tier team like that, you dont game plan against them, you game plan to work on things that will help you against other schools. JG and Chryst could have went deep on every other play and probably put a few more touch downs on the board to make it 70 to 3 instead of what we had, but it just doesnt make sense. It makes more sense to run a gameplan similar to what you would be running against florida and other teams to give your team reps in the areas needed as in run plays and blocking as well as short passes. Im sure they could have put 400 or 500 yards passing on ETSU if they wanted but thats obviously not going to happen to a florida or georgia, so its going to be wasted reps for a higher boxscore.

Football is a QB game. That said it matters less about who is better JG or KC and more about are either better than the QBs we play in the SEC. Unfortunately the answer is pretty much no. Here is how ESPN / 247 rates the SEC QBs at least pre-season and after his performanec at Florida last week you would have to give the nod to Terry Wilson over either of our QBs currently. The sole bright spot? JG is still better than Filiepe Franks at least I sure hope so! GBO

SEC quarterbacks: Ranking every 2018 starter worst to first

The whole mop up duty argument "shouldn't carry any weight" is irrelevant. Tua played a lot of Mop up duty last year for Bama and appeared to be the better of the two. I do believe he won the NC for them, just sayin. Again, I give two ***** who our qb is as long as we beat FL, SC, KY and Vandy. If god so feels that he wants to bless me than hopefully we beat either GA or Auburn.

The whole mop up duty argument "shouldn't carry any weight" is irrelevant. Tua played a lot of Mop up duty last year for Bama and appeared to be the better of the two. I do believe he won the NC for them, just sayin. Again, I give two ***** who our qb is as long as we beat FL, SC, KY and Vandy. If god so feels that he wants to bless me than hopefully we beat either GA or Auburn.

Dang it man as long as you are asking for blessings ask for a Bama win as well...it can't hurt :D

Reactions: EODVOL

VN Store

Back