UT Quarterback Touchdown Passes after 2 Games:

Thanks for asking. It was mostly just an observation. I’m pulling for both QBs. I went back and looked at the number of touchdown passes JG threw last year. He threw 4 TD passes out of 139 attempts, which equates to approximately 1 TD pass for every 35 passes he threw. He’s on par to provide the same percentage of TD passes this year. Not sure that’s going to provide enough points to win a lot of games..

LOL PAGE 5

Yep. When I was the back up QB on our intramural team at UT our fan kept yelling for me to play. Of course he was usually drunk and so were we. Finally, on 4th and goal close to the end of our game that we needed to win to make the playoffs and down 6, our starting QB was kicked out for getting in a shoving match. Our fan got his wish. I didn’t have a progression. I didn’t have a read. I told our best WR to run the out of his life and that the ball would get there. The pass rush was fierce and as the DE had me dead in his sights I dropped down side arm and threw around him. I never saw the result as the DE came flying in to steal my flag. I just heard the roar of our fan as the ball settled into our WR’s hands and we tied the game. We went on to win the game and secure our bid to the playoffs. Moments like that are why I worked all offseason to be ready in case I were called upon (actually no one else wanted to be the QB when the starter got kicked out). But the moment is forever etched into UT football lore. We rode the momentum into a crushing defeat by roughly 50 points in the playoffs. But there will always be that one shining moment where a back up got the chance and came through only to fall back to obscurity once the starter returned. It was just like Keanu Reeves in The Replacements. One day I’ll be able to share that story with...wait, what was the point again? Oh yeah. JG is our starter and has done nothing to lose the job and clearly Chryst has had the chance to take it and hasn’t. The end.

Remember the time hUTch showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

VN Store

Back