UT Quarterback Touchdown Passes after 2 Games:

Some of you act as if throwing a +50 yard pass to a receiver is automatic every time. Are you a 100% free throw shooter? No one is. Look at the passes we lucked out on against WV because Grier missed a few passes when receivers where wide open. He was running a veteran offense. His guys been together a whole lot longer than our guys, and he still missed some throws. JG's passes weren't perfect, but at least they were caught for huge games. To say he should lead receivers is nit picking his game in an attempt to validate he's not that good. Keller had the luxury to throw against a tired zone defense who were defeated and were just trying to finish the game. Don't worry, your backup WILL throw some incompletions this season.

Reactions: illvol
Seems obvious we have those on here who want KC to be the starter regardless of what the coaching staff says. These guys are getting BIG $$$$$$$ to win football games, and Pruitt will not settle for less than best effort from his team. JG has earned the chance to start in the eyes of the coaching staff, but Pruitt also says it can change from one week to the next. Let's stop picking a QB to pieces just because your choice isn't the starter. To me, it's comforting to know there is a capable QB behind whoever the starter is.

Reactions: arkivol
Agreed. I'm just saying he needs to work on it. Which I'm sure the coaching staff has already told him and I'm sure he is working on it.

QB's work on it every practice. Doesn't mean every deep ball is perfect as we all would like. I'd like to hit all my free throws, but as hard as I try, I miss one or two. JG is a perfectionist. he works his craft hard and wants to be the best he can be. He's made strides in the off season, but no one wants to even give him that. He throws to one WR. Well, most QB's have their favorite or go to guy. I mean Brady sure hits Edleman a lot, but hey he should throw it around more. Usually the QB hits who is open or who the coaches say look for on a certain play.

Seems obvious we have those on here who want KC to be the starter regardless of what the coaching staff says. These guys are getting BIG $$$$$$$ to win football games, and Pruitt will not settle for less than best effort from his team. JG has earned the chance to start in the eyes of the coaching staff, but Pruitt also says it can change from one week to the next. Let's stop picking a QB to pieces just because your choice isn't the starter. To me, it's comforting to know there is a capable QB behind whoever the starter is.

Guess everyone has forgotten the Crompton and Nick Stephens epic QB battle of '09. We've come along way to get the QB talent we have now.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa

Guess everyone has forgotten the Crompton and Nick Stephens epic QB battle of '09. We've come along way to get the QB talent we have now.

I saw his throws. I want to know where you saw Chryst make those throws. His touchdown was a wide open 15-20 yard sideline throw, and Murphy did the rest. His others were short throws. He also hasn't taken the beating the Oline has let JG take. If you think the coaches are starting the Qb that doesn't give us the best chance to win, you need to get your noggin checked.
If you check the film of his Chryst's TD pass. the receiver also had to slow down to make the catch. I don't see much difference in how they thro the deep ball. If the coaches think JG gives us the best chance to win, I trust their judgement over any poster on this or any other board.

Reactions: Jrobin and illvol
Some of you act as if throwing a +50 yard pass to a receiver is automatic every time. Are you a 100% free throw shooter? No one is. Look at the passes we lucked out on against WV because Grier missed a few passes when receivers where wide open. He was running a veteran offense. His guys been together a whole lot longer than our guys, and he still missed some throws. JG's passes weren't perfect, but at least they were caught for huge games. To say he should lead receivers is nit picking his game in an attempt to validate he's not that good. Keller had the luxury to throw against a tired zone defense who were defeated and were just trying to finish the game. Don't worry, your backup WILL throw some incompletions this season.

I don't think anyone on this board is a DI. II, or III QB. But we can all agree what a good QB looks like.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
If JG did not short throw deep balls, he would have at least 2 more TD's. MC and JP in the ETSU game to be more specific. His ceiling may be higher, but KC actually gives us the best chance to win. JG is no Dobbs. He is not taking off and running with the ball.

The second string QB is always the best...lol! What do coaches know anyway...

Guess that's why this is a message board and not a direct line to the coaches lol
I know dude, I really didn't mean it as criticism. I know this kinda thing goes on everywhere. But you know, I still think is funny.

Bradshaw has 4 rings so does that mean he is not only better but twice the QB Peyton was? Tee had like 24 straight completions so is he one of the most accurate QB's to ever play the game?

Stats are all relative.

I have seen guys have to slow down to catch the deep ball a few times, other times the pass was $. So what, the staff that gets paid very well to decide who starts and gives us the best chance to win have already decided.

Are some people saying this staff deliberately wants to lose by picking the worse QB? How stupid to argue constantly over something that's been decided already? If later on the staff decides to go with KC, cool. He must have improved enough to take the job. Also, who all keeps doing the arguing? Some guys on a forum that have never been discovered to have any talent evaluating players VS a D1 coaching staff that so far hasn't done anything to make us question them? Are y'all guys KC fans? Or JG fans? I thought you guys were UT fans? Who cares which one plays? That's the coaches job to figure out or we need to get new coaches if they can't.

Could one factor in the decision to use JG for what appears to be most game snaps (unless injured) is the fact he still has one more year and they want him to get as much experience as possible. KC remember, is a one year guy and with a little on field time can be serviceable replacement if JG were to be hurt or the team needs a change of pace.

If JG did not short throw deep balls, he would have at least 2 more TD's. MC and JP in the ETSU game to be more specific. His ceiling may be higher, but KC actually gives us the best chance to win. JG is no Dobbs. He is not taking off and running with the ball.
You've got to be kidding. Ever looked a gift horse in the mouth? JG is so much more deserving than you give him credit for. Would you have taken 71% completion with no interceptions after two games at the beginning of the season with this offensive line protecting? Come on give the young man some credit, he deserves it.

And Chryst's TD pass against ETSU was behind his receiver and only a TD because ETSU.

There's a reason JG is the starter. The end.

Lol for people to not even agree that JG needs to improve is ridiculous. I'm not advocating for KC. JG needs to improve and the difference about KCs ball was out there far enough that Murphy didn't have to fully slow down or break stride.

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding. Ever looked a gift horse in the mouth? JG is so much more deserving than you give him credit for. Would you have taken 71% completion with no interceptions after two games at the beginning of the season with this offensive line protecting? Come on give the young man some credit, he deserves it.

Is it too much for me to want improvement out of QB play? People act as if his completion % will stay 71% all year.

Guarantano 27/38 Touchdowns: 1
Chryst 3/3 Touchdowns: 1

^^^ Firestarter Level = 1000

Masterfully done...Sharing a simple factual statistic and offering it up without commentary, then watching posters jump to conclusions and melt down. How quickly people started attacking your implications, when you actually made none, and then turn on each other. Brilliant social experiment.

Well done sir/ma'am/(insert alternative pronoun).

We need more but we’ve had a few passes that got us to the goal line and we ran it in.

If you check the film of his Chryst's TD pass. the receiver also had to slow down to make the catch. I don't see much difference in how they thro the deep ball. If the coaches think JG gives us the best chance to win, I trust their judgement over any poster on this or any other board.

And Chryst's TD pass against ETSU was behind his receiver and only a TD because ETSU.

There's a reason JG is the starter. The end.

You need to watch that TD again buttercup.

Yea he had to slow up about four steps to catch the pass. Against any FBS team it’s not a td. He did a good job hitting the wide open man.

Reactions: Jrobin
^^^ Firestarter Level = 1000

Masterfully done...Sharing a simple factual statistic and offering it up without commentary, then watching posters jump to conclusions and melt down. How quickly people started attacking your implications, when you actually made none, and then turn on each other. Brilliant social experiment.

Well done sir/ma'am/(insert alternative pronoun).

Finally......😎.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol

You know nothing about football.

VN Store

Back