UT Quarterback Touchdown Passes after 2 Games:

JG is the starter but I think Chryst could be a good change of pace for a possession or two against some defenses because of his experience.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Lets play apples to apples kids......

Chryst lifetime production, Ive take the liberty of highlighting his most "complete" season, with a 133 rating, 10/2 ratio and the team went 10-3:
View attachment 168217

JG
View attachment 168216

reason for edit: spelling

How can anybody make the case that Keller should start over JG after looking at this?

There has been literally nothing to complain about with JG in either of our games, and yet the trolls still roll out with their backup QB BS.

Disagree. He has not been leading wide open receivers. Not saying it's a end all be all but it is a problem. He needs to correct it and hopefully he does against UTEP.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Bradshaw has 4 rings so does that mean he is not only better but twice the QB Peyton was? Tee had like 24 straight completions so is he one of the most accurate QB's to ever play the game?

Stats are all relative.

I have seen guys have to slow down to catch the deep ball a few times, other times the pass was $. So what, the staff that gets paid very well to decide who starts and gives us the best chance to win have already decided.

Are some people saying this staff deliberately wants to lose by picking the worse QB? How stupid to argue constantly over something that's been decided already? If later on the staff decides to go with KC, cool. He must have improved enough to take the job. Also, who all keeps doing the arguing? Some guys on a forum that have never been discovered to have any talent evaluating players VS a D1 coaching staff that so far hasn't done anything to make us question them? Are y'all guys KC fans? Or JG fans? I thought you guys were UT fans? Who cares which one plays? That's the coaches job to figure out or we need to get new coaches if they can't.

Chryst lifetime production, Ive take the liberty of highlighting his most "complete" season, with a 133 rating, 10/2 ratio and the team went 10-3:
View attachment 168217

JG
View attachment 168216

Interesting numbers. Still hard to compare their careers though. I'm just glad we've got KC around to have options. The roster was going to be very thin at QB without him.

...and QB is about 10th on the list of things we need to get better at.

Reactions: JacketVol
If JG did not short throw deep balls, he would have at least 2 more TD's. MC and JP in the ETSU game to be more specific. His ceiling may be higher, but KC actually gives us the best chance to win. JG is no Dobbs. He is not taking off and running with the ball.

We HAVE to find a way to get this info to Pruitt! Does anyone want to ride with me over to campus to tell him?

View attachment 168217

JG
View attachment 168216

So basically you prefer a 55% to 63% accuracy rate (Pct) and a 6.8 yds per attempt to 7.5 yds? Not to mention KC's QB rating went down each year and JG is higher? What are you smoking?

KC also had Bryce Love averaging 7.8 and 7.1 yds per carry in 2015/16. KC is a good backup or he would still be starting at Stanford.

I find it fascinating how some think they know better than the coaches that see them everyday in practice etc. Its just...funny?
Guess that's why this is a message board and not a direct line to the coaches lol

Yet didn't throw one against the high school team...... Good argument.....
His arm played a big part in moving the offense down the field. As long as he's doing his part to move the offense and isn't turning the ball over, it shouldn't matter if he's throwing the touchdown or one of the backs run it in. Pretty clear against ETSU that Pruitt and Helton wanted the offense to work on the power running game near the endzone. If they had wanted him to get a meaningless 300+ yard game with multiple TDs against ETSU, then it would have happened. Looks obvious to me that Pruitt wanted the offense to really work on running the ball that game considering the relatively low number of passing attempts between JG and KC.

So basically you prefer a 55% to 63% accuracy rate (Pct) and a 6.8 yds per attempt to 7.5 yds? Not to mention KC's QB rating went down each year and JG is higher? What are you smoking?

KC also had Bryce Love averaging 7.8 and 7.1 yds per carry in 2015/16. KC is a good backup or he would still be starting at Stanford.

By your same logic, Alvin Kamara should have stayed at Bama. Sometimes a change of scenery.

By your same logic, Alvin Kamara should have stayed at Bama. Sometimes a change of scenery.
Kind of a bad example since Kamara didn't record any stats while at Alabama...so there's no way to compare anything. Also, you're hanging your hat on three passes against ETSU and a hope that a change of scenery equals a much improved KC. I hope he is a much better player than what he showed at Stanford, but we don't have enough of a sample size to prove it.

. . . KC actually gives us the best chance to win. . .

If you believe this, then you also have to believe that the coaching staff either does not want to win or that they are incompetent in their ability to evaluate talent. Which is it?

If it is the former, please share your insight on why you believe a newly hired coaching staff doesn't want to win.

If it is the later, please share your resume that affords you the ability to better evaluate talent than a staff of seasoned, experienced and highly talented football coaches.

Last edited:
If JG did not short throw deep balls, he would have at least 2 more TD's. MC and JP in the ETSU game to be more specific. His ceiling may be higher, but KC actually gives us the best chance to win. JG is no Dobbs. He is not taking off and running with the ball.

Two totally different offenses and philosophies as to why he runs and don't run. A running QB isn't the priority in the current offense. Sam Drnold had 82 yards on 75 carries. How many of those runs do you think were designed? Most probably were scrambles to pick up yardage. JG had played 2 games this year. The only times he's attempted to run was for his life. Plus no need to run when you're completing 71% of your passes.

His arm played a big part in moving the offense down the field. As long as he's doing his part to move the offense and isn't turning the ball over, it shouldn't matter if he's throwing the touchdown or one of the backs run it in. Pretty clear against ETSU that Pruitt and Helton wanted the offense to work on the power running game near the endzone. If they had wanted him to get a meaningless 300+ yard game with multiple TDs against ETSU, then it would have happened. Looks obvious to me that Pruitt wanted the offense to really work on running the ball that game considering the relatively low number of passing attempts between JG and KC.

I don't disagree with the fact his arm got us into scoring position. He just needs to work on leading wide open receivers. I am not advocating for KC. I just think the argument that JG has 1 touchdown is invalid. He should have more.

If he would have led two receivers last game he would of had 2 touchdowns and UT wouldn't of had to kick a field goal.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Disagree. He has not been leading wide open receivers. Not saying it's a end all be all but it is a problem. He needs to correct it and hopefully he does against UTEP.

It's hard to lead receivers when your asked to hit the short outs or make quick throws because of missed assignments, screen passes etc. We haven't had the time to let deep crossing routes open up. Thats' where your YAC comes into play. You can't say he hasn't been leading receivers. You have o look at the routes and throws that we've been completing. Deep balls come with timing. That's different with every WR, and has factors such as how fast they got out off the jam etc.You see the WR and throw to a point. It's not perfect every time. It's only been 2 games and it's a whole different ball of wax when you're not throwing just air.

It's hard to lead receivers when your asked to hit the short outs or make quick throws because of missed assignments, screen passes etc. We haven't had the time to let deep crossing routes open up. Thats' where your YAC comes into play. You can't say he hasn't been leading receivers. You have o look at the routes and throws that we've been completing. Deep balls come with timing. That's different with every WR, and has factors such as how fast they got out off the jam etc.You see the WR and throw to a point. It's not perfect every time. It's only been 2 games and it's a whole different ball of wax when you're not throwing just air.

Agreed. I'm just saying he needs to work on it. Which I'm sure the coaching staff has already told him and I'm sure he is working on it.

VN Store

Back