USPS on the brink of collapse?

Umm no they're not. USPS is self funded, receives no funding from the federal government. I don't know how an adult doesn't know this but...

Now if you want to discuss turning our military into a mercenary for that fights for the highest bidder I'm listening.
If we turned them into mercenary’s then these wars would be over in a hurry

Reactions: hog88
I don't know about y'all but 90% or more of the mail that comes to my house goes straight into the trashcan. USPS is polluting the earth!
I got 4 pieces of mail today. One was a bill from BC/BS for my monthly premium which is drafted from my bank account and they already sent me an email stating so, a junk mail piece informing how great tele-medicine is, a Mint magazine and a catalog for Northern Auto Parts which I've never heard of. Actually today was a superior mail day compared to most.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Why shouldn't the USPS turn a profit or at least be expected to break even?
The major problem with profitability or breaking even is the albatross Congress has placed around their neck regarding post-retirement health care costs 75 years into the future.

In 2006, Congress passed a law that imposed extraordinary costs on the U.S. Postal Service. The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA) required the USPS to create a $72 billion fund to pay for the cost of its post-retirement health care costs, 75 years into the future. This burden applies to no other federal agency or private corporation.

Why shouldn't the USPS turn a profit or at least be expected to break even?

Why shouldn't the military?

I think the USPS should try to run at a break even point. Raise the prices. The issue right now is that the post office will be completely obsolete in a decade. Everything in my mailbox is junk mail or amazon deliveries.

The major problem with profitability or breaking even is the albatross Congress has placed around their neck regarding post-retirement health care costs 75 years into the future.

In 2006, Congress passed a law that imposed extraordinary costs on the U.S. Postal Service. The Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA) required the USPS to create a $72 billion fund to pay for the cost of its post-retirement health care costs, 75 years into the future. This burden applies to no other federal agency or private corporation.

Yeah. Congress needs to take the choke hold off of them.

I think the USPS should try to run at a break even point. Raise the prices. The issue right now is that the post office will be completely obsolete in a decade. Everything in my mailbox is junk mail or amazon deliveries.

You answered your own arguement.

I'm all for letting us get paid for our military providing protection for other countries. BUT I bet if I dug, I would probably find posts from you screeching about Trump pulling us out of NATO because the other countries not ponying up their share.

Hell even papa George wouldn't let SA pay us for the 1st gulf war.

BECAUSE BEZOS HURT TRUMP'S FEELINGS...DUH!
Doesn't matter about Trump. Bezo has negatively impacted the USPS. How many mail trucks do you now see on Sunday trying to meet the Prime requirements? Bezo will milk the USPS into bankruptcy if permitted, once his delivery service ready and he pulls the rug out from under the USPS it'll implode and he'll take over mail delivery......and the most bizarre fact will be that by that time, AOC will be the only one in Washington bucking him.

Doesn't matter about Trump. Bezo has negatively impacted the USPS. How many mail trucks do you now see on Sunday trying to meet the Prime requirements? Bezo will milk the USPS into bankruptcy if permitted, once his delivery service ready and he pulls the rug out from under the USPS it'll implode and he'll take over mail delivery......and the most bizarre fact will be that by that time, AOC will be the only one in Washington bucking him.

And you will save Billions of tax dollars in a bailout EVERY year. USPS is no longer needed.

Most of what the USPS does is deliver packages. The second most thing they do is deliver junk mail. What they should do is deliver "real" mail once a week and let people know what day that is and the rest of the time they can deliver junk mail and packages.

Trump has been demonizing the Post Office for years because Jeff Bezos hurt his feelings. The Trumpers don't even know why they are supposed to dislike the Post Office, they just believe what Trump wants them to believe - it's sad and pathetic.
Portland hates the USPS?

Some 30 odd standalone boxes being removed. Clearly politically motivated since Oregon, specifically portland and Eugene, is a swing state.

U.S. Postal Service Confirms It Has Removed Mailboxes in Portland and Eugene

VN Store

Back