USPS on the brink of collapse?

Voting is mob rule. That is exactly what democracy is. If you have 50%+1 you are "right" and the minority is "wrong".

Democracy will always be two wolves and a sheep voting for dinner.

Again you are proving how much more dangerous voting is than guns.
Asinine.

So I ordered a part for my boat through Amazon last week and it shipped USPS. Here is the route it has taken to get from Atlanta to Nashville. No wonder the post office is broke.

Wednesday, May 12
6:44 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Nashville Tn Distribution Center Annex, US
3:28 AM
Evansville In Distribution Center, US
1:20 AM
Package has left the carrier facility.
Indianapolis, IN US

Tuesday, May 11
5:21 PM
Indianapolis, IN US
1:44 AM
Package has left the carrier facility.
Queens Ny Distribution Center, US

Monday, May 10
7:35 PM
Queens Ny Distribution Center, US

Monday, May 3
4:49 PM
Flowery Branch, GA US

Package has shipped

Memphis, Tupelo, Southaven, Walls, and Olive Branch USPS distributions have lost May 3rd SSI/SSDI checks being mailed out. No one has received them yet. A couple of people I know hasn’t gotten theirs yet. There are approximately 6,000 checks missing from these centers. Where did they go? A lot of people in the Memphis area, are getting checks resent out in the mail. It takes up to 10 business days to get them in your mailbox.

Memphis, Tupelo, Southaven, Walls, and Olive Branch USPS distributions have lost May 3rd SSI/SSDI checks being mailed out. No one has received them yet. A couple of people I know hasn’t gotten theirs yet. There are approximately 6,000 checks missing from these centers. Where did they go? A lot of people in the Memphis area, are getting checks resent out in the mail. It takes up to 10 business days to get them in your mailbox.

Why in the hell aren't they having them direct deposited?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
So I ordered a part for my boat through Amazon last week and it shipped USPS. Here is the route it has taken to get from Atlanta to Nashville. No wonder the post office is broke.
That's not just USPS. Even the private companies take similar routes. I have tracked stuff come to Altanta, leave, hit up three or four other out of state towns, and then come back to Atlanta.

It's all based on how their logistics are set up and how they go from sorting to distribution.

That's not just USPS. Even the private companies take similar routes. I have tracked stuff come to Altanta, leave, hit up three or four other out of state towns, and then come back to Atlanta.

It's all based on how their logistics are set up and how they go from sorting to distribution.

UPS Ground would have went from Atlanta to Nashville, Air would have went to Louisville then Nashville. FedEx Ground Atlanta straight to Nashville, Air either straight to Nashville or Memphis or Indianapolis then to Nashville.

Reactions: bigeasy
Why in the hell aren't they having them direct deposited?
Because they can’t get them straightened out with the banks, direct express, nor social security to have them direct deposited. SS is telling people to direct express, and direct express is telling people to call social security back. Banks won’t do it, because of social security. It’s a mess...

FedEx is getting slack too. So far their Freight division is still doing right by me but their parcel service has gone downhill. For example, last week I made a 4-piece shipment to France. Yesterday the customer got 3 of the cartons but the last one which actually has the Master AWB on it, was said to be delivering today but when I checked tracking this morning it now says Monday. So I tortured myself with a phone call. Was told Normally we would initiate an investigation to find out why the Shipment Exception but right now we are experiencing system-wide issues so please call back in a couple of hours and maybe we can help you then...

FedEx is getting slack too. So far their Freight division is still doing right by me but their parcel service has gone downhill. For example, last week I made a 4-piece shipment to France. Yesterday the customer got 3 of the cartons but the last one which actually has the Master AWB on it, was said to be delivering today but when I checked tracking this morning it now says Monday. So I tortured myself with a phone call. Was told Normally we would initiate an investigation to find out why the Shipment Exception but right now we are experiencing system-wide issues so please call back in a couple of hours and maybe we can help you then...

FredEx is having a terrible time with staffing their centers across all brands.

FredEx is having a terrible time with staffing their centers across all brands.
I've noticed that there are 2 Fedex trucks that deliver in my neighborhood. One is an older small box truck like an old U haul repainted in Fedex colors and it hasn't had a muffler on it in at least a year. The second is the typical van type delivery truck that smokes like a chimney. I noticed on each of them that they have small lettering painted on the side that say owned and operated by some company I'd never heard of so apparently Fedex is contracting out at least some of their residential delivery.

FedEx is a strange set up. All employees are company employees except ground. The ground guys who drop off at your door are contractors unless it's Next day shipments. Those drivers ( next day) are FedEx employees. All are non union. Odd setup.
UPS are all company employees, union and seem to have a less than stellar attitude.
USPS......have you seen some of these employees. Not top shelf.
We've all become accustomed to ordering an item from the west coast and receiving it on the east coast in 4-5 days ( ground service not next day shipping) Imagine how many hubs and hands this must go through to arrive on time. It's easily missorted and could end up in Hackensack New Jersey vs Nashville Tennessee.
These companies are the modern day Pony Express. Most employees are overworked and underappreciated.

Reactions: Wireless1
I've noticed that there are 2 Fedex trucks that deliver in my neighborhood. One is an older small box truck like an old U haul repainted in Fedex colors and it hasn't had a muffler on it in at least a year. The second is the typical van type delivery truck that smokes like a chimney. I noticed on each of them that they have small lettering painted on the side that say owned and operated by some company I'd never heard of so apparently Fedex is contracting out at least some of their residential delivery.
FedEx has always had 1099 type employees for certain routes where they pay by the piece. As the route gets more volume the driver typically brings on a helper or adds a truck with it's own driver....they can make some great money until FedEx retakes the route with a direct employee.

Fedex Ground used to be RPS years ago. IIRC, RPS drivers owned their own truck and their route I think? Fedex bought them 20 something years ago and kept the same format, but renamed.

FedEx Ground is the old Roadway Package System which was all contractor independent operators and FedEx Ground continued that model.

FedEx Ground is the old Roadway Package System which was all contractor independent operators and FedEx Ground continued that model.
I'm guessing the green Fedex color must indicate a contractor and the red must be company owned.

VN Store

Back