USPS on the brink of collapse?

Just went to the Postal Orifice for a money order, and asked for a roll of stamps too. When I went to pay with a credit card they said I could buy the stamps that way but not the MO. They only take cash or debit cards for a MO. Go figure... who runs a business like that?

Reactions: allvol123
Just went to the Postal Orifice for a money order, and asked for a roll of stamps too. When I went to pay with a credit card they said I could buy the stamps that way but not the MO. They only take cash or debit cards for a MO. Go figure... who runs a business like that?

Finally decided to pay that LA traffic ticket from 1990 huh?

They can’t (law) upcharge a money order to cover the CC fee. They’d lose even more money taking CCs for money orders. I don’t understand how they can sell stamps with CCs.

They can’t (law) upcharge a money order to cover the CC fee. They’d lose even more money taking CCs for money orders. I don’t understand how they can sell stamps with CCs.
Was not aware of that law but now it makes a certain amount of sense even though I still find it odd that they will accept CC payment for other items but not the money orders.

I do have a debit card but I had left it in my truck while taking the VW out for a spin but fortunately had enough cash that it wasn't a wasted trip.

In my own business I generally add a 5% processing fee for credit card orders which a lot of the smaller customers, particularly the universities buying small amounts of catalyst for the chemistry labs (and art schools who buy a gallon or two of special solvent for their printing process, a smaller sideline business), like to use.

Was not aware of that law but now it makes a certain amount of sense even though I still find it odd that they will accept CC payment for other items but not the money orders.

I do have a debit card but I had left it in my truck while taking the VW out for a spin but fortunately had enough cash that it wasn't a wasted trip.

In my own business I generally add a 5% processing fee for credit card orders which a lot of the smaller customers, particularly the universities buying small amounts of catalyst for the chemistry labs (and art schools who buy a gallon or two of special solvent for their printing process, a smaller sideline business), like to use.

I did the same thing a couple years ago and that’s what the guy at the counter told me.

We accept CCs but add a processing fee unless the client pays through our website. Some reason that doesn’t cost much or even nothing.

Were you in a cable TV show?

Same as you cant buy a pre-paid Visa or MC with a credit card. Money laundering safeguard...

Reactions: hog88 and RavinDave
I'm sure you guys will have an excuse for this too

My God. With this evil plan Trump may win California and Texas!
I mean who could have imagined there would be more sorting machines in large population centers instead of BFE Wyoming? Truly this is a conspiracy that goes very deep.

Like I have said before the USPS is trash.

I bought something off eBay last Sunday from Memphis. It was shipped Monday and it has still not arrived.

You would think something shipped from Memphis could get to the Chattanooga area in at least 48hrs.🤔🤬

Reactions: CPA
I bought a couple of books from ebay that were shipped the end of July and ended up in the New Jersey processing center with no more tracking info other than in transit and will be late. The seller sent me a refund.

I bought a couple of books from ebay that were shipped the end of July and ended up in the New Jersey processing center with no more tracking info other than in transit and will be late. The seller sent me a refund.

I ordered some stuff thats been tracked to a a facility in Oregon for over a week. I doubt it will ever leave.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Like I have said before the USPS is trash.

I bought something off eBay last Sunday from Memphis. It was shipped Monday and it has still not arrived.

You would think something shipped from Memphis could get to the Chattanooga area in at least 48hrs.🤔🤬
I bought something off of eBay in June. It spent a month in the processing facility in Cincinnati. Finally got it a couple of weeks ago.

I've lived in my house for more than 8 years.

I still routinely get mail delivered to me for the person that lived here prior to me. So yea, why shouldnt the USPS be a pivotal instrument in a federal election.

Maybe the people that are addressing parcels to the previous homeowner are more to blame than USPS for that one.

Ebay stock is going to take a hit pretty soon, because of the USPS - I would not sell anything on there right now and would not buy anything unless its in a surrounding state of mine

VN Store

Back