Updates

Wonder if Fulmer might talk to App St women’s coach. She was on Pats staff. She just won the WBI tournament last night.Here is a story on her.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yep, always seems to bite us. Do you think the bad timing might be the result of failure to think ahead and be proactive? Do bad decisions lead to what appears to be bad timing or does bad timing lead to bad decisions? Whatever the case, the powers that be at UT often appear to have their heads up their collective arses when it comes to hiring coaches. Hmm, presidents and chancellors also, I might add.
What the heck? What are you talking about? What are these bad decisions? What is this failure to think ahead?

Would someone please help me understand why our fans are constantly so negative and assume the worst? Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about all of these rumors. If the media reports it, it must be fact. And if the media doesn't report it, it must not be happening. And if we don't agree with how it's handled the powers that be must have their heads up their arses.

The season isn't even over yet. And for us it's been over less than 2 weeks.

I wonder if one of the coaches from a men's team could be Becky Hammon?
I doubt she would want it. She wants to be a men's NBA head coach and she is a top assistant as Popovich's coach and coaches the D league for the SPURS. Having said that she knows what it takes to win basketball--defense first but, other than the D league, I don't see HC experience track record. Would she be good, who knows but I think she would be tough and demanding to win. I'd rather have a proven college coach with a proven track record there; then again, anyone would be better than Holly.

There’s two men’s coaches that are interested. One is an assistant at Florida who has Tennessee ties. The other I have no idea.

Reactions: mcannon1
There’s two men’s coaches that are interested. One is an assistant at Florida who has Tennessee ties. The other I have no idea.
So are or are not men being considered? Are we in female from the Pat tree lockdown? Also, for those seemingly in the know, what level of interest has there been in the job on a scale of 1-10, 1 being I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole and 10 being I have landed in the Nirvana of WCBB?

I hope the net is being cast wide, for God's sakes lets not limit our options! If we're mandated a relatively cheap female from the Pat tree taken from a limited pool of interested coaches I'm going to poke my eyes out now.

Fulmer is about to have to pony up more money for men’s basketball assistants in order to keep them there because some other midmajor schools are ready to pounce on hiring them as head coaches. That means having to set aside funds for that inevitability. Men’s basketball is profitable right now. Gotta keep it that way.

Well they just lost Barnes' top assistant so can he spend that money on Walz now?

VN Store

Back