Updates

Grahamland

Just a heads up, from what I’m hearing from a booster Walz is out for many reasons, some of which have been mentioned on here others of which have not. Fulmer is about to have to pony up more money for men’s basketball assistants in order to keep them there because some other midmajor schools are ready to pounce on hiring them as head coaches. That means having to set aside funds for that inevitability. Men’s basketball is profitable right now. Gotta keep it that way.

Fulmer would love Kara to take it. It’s just trying to convince her to do drop all she’s doing now with the media for a whole new gig.

Kellie is ONE of the front-runners, but is NOT the only one in consideration. Fulmer has his questions about her as well, and trust that all those concerns have been mentioned in pre interviews and will be mentioned again. She’s impressed them so far though, but there’s still a ways to go. Would not be surprised that IF she is hired Fulmer and some alumni Lady Vols might want to have a say in who she brings in as assistants to make sure they have all their bases covered experience wise when it comes to recruiting, knowing the landscape of the SEC, etc.

They are looking at possibilities in the final four. Don’t know who, but there are “a few” they are going to talk to after they exit or win the tournament.”

This part shocked me. Apparently there are a couple men’s coaches/assistant coaches being looked at that have expressed interest. Don’t know if it’ll amount to a hire, but one of those will at least get an interview. I know one of the men’s coaches that have expressed interest, but don’t know the other 2.

Fulmer is going to make the hire he thinks is best. He doesn’t check boards, or Facebook, or blogs, or Twitter, or anything. He’s not swayed. He’ll make the decision that he believes makes the most sense. He comes to the games. He loves the games. He hates losing. He’s not going to hire someone that continues the recent tradition of losing. It embarrassed him just like it embarrasses us. He doesn’t want to be the seen as the driving force of the crashing and burning of the Lady Vols Brand. He would not have fired Holly if he didn’t believe it could be saved.

Cough cough “I still want Jeff” cough cough

Just a heads up, from what I’m hearing from a booster Walz is out for many reasons, some of which have been mentioned on here others of which have not. Fulmer is about to have to pony up more money for men’s basketball assistants in order to keep them there because some other midmajor schools are ready to pounce on hiring them as head coaches. That means having to set aside funds for that inevitability. Men’s basketball is profitable right now. Gotta keep it that way.

Fulmer would love Kara to take it. It’s just trying to convince her to do drop all she’s doing now with the media for a whole new gig.

Kellie is ONE of the front-runners, but is NOT the only one in consideration. Fulmer has his questions about her as well, and trust that all those concerns have been mentioned in pre interviews and will be mentioned again. She’s impressed them so far though, but there’s still a ways to go. Would not be surprised that IF she is hired Fulmer and some alumni Lady Vols might want to have a say in who she brings in as assistants to make sure they have all their bases covered experience wise when it comes to recruiting, knowing the landscape of the SEC, etc.

They are looking at possibilities in the final four. Don’t know who, but there are “a few” they are going to talk to after they exit or win the tournament.”

This part shocked me. Apparently there are a couple men’s coaches/assistant coaches being looked at that have expressed interest. Don’t know if it’ll amount to a hire, but one of those will at least get an interview. I know one of the men’s coaches that have expressed interest, but don’t know the other 2.

Fulmer is going to make the hire he thinks is best. He doesn’t check boards, or Facebook, or blogs, or Twitter, or anything. He’s not swayed. He’ll make the decision that he believes makes the most sense. He comes to the games. He loves the games. He hates losing. He’s not going to hire someone that continues the recent tradition of losing. It embarrassed him just like it embarrasses us. He doesn’t want to be the seen as the driving force of the crashing and burning of the Lady Vols Brand. He would not have fired Holly if he didn’t believe it could be saved.

A little something to chew on for the next couple of days. Thanks for the update.

Phil needs to call Tina Langley or Courtney Banghart if Jeff is out of consideration

Though I would prefer a woman candidate, if the pickings are thin (such that KJH would be the best option), looking to men who have coached on the men's side would be an interesting way to expand the talent pool. Someone who has been successful at a mid major could well view taking over the LVs. with its legacy, as an upward move.

The more time passes from the intitial Kellie Harper announcement the more I am thinking that some still in the tournament (likely an assistant) must be in the serious consideration set.

Kelly hasn't proven anything . Might as well keep warlick. TN ADs has amnesia
Lol this is ridiculous. While I don't think Harper is the right choice, comparing her track record to Holly's pre-UT doesn't compare. Holly had never been a head coach. Harper has been a head coach for 15 years. Didn't have success at NC State (which is why I question her ability to coach at UT), but she's had a ton of success at MSU and was successful before NC State, too.

IF she (Kellie) is hired Fulmer and some alumni Lady Vols might want to have a say in who she brings in as assistants.....

That makes no sense at all. Can't believe it's true.

Lol this is ridiculous. While I don't think Harper is the right choice, comparing her track record to Holly's pre-UT doesn't compare. Holly had never been a head coach. Harper has been a head coach for 15 years. Didn't have success at NC State (which is why I question her ability to coach at UT), but she's had a ton of success at MSU and was successful before NC State, too.
Right u keep thinking that. If she hadnt played here u wouldnt be so silly.

Also that seems like code for "keep your husband off the staff". And if so that's the right move IMO.

VN Store

Back