Updates

Right u keep thinking that. If she hadnt played here u wouldnt be so silly.
I didn't even say Harper was great. I just don't think comparing her track record to Holly's pre-HC at UT is even close to the same. Holly had never been a HC. Harper has been a HC for 15 years. Where am I wrong in this?

I didn't even say Harper was great. I just don't think comparing her track record to Holly's pre-HC at UT is even close to the same. Holly had never been a HC. Harper has been a HC for 15 years. Where am I wrong in this?

You're right. With KJH we have the benefit of a track record at a power 5 school...

Reactions: k-town_king
Just a heads up, from what I’m hearing from a booster Walz is out for many reasons, some of which have been mentioned on here others of which have not. Fulmer is about to have to pony up more money for men’s basketball assistants in order to keep them there because some other midmajor schools are ready to pounce on hiring them as head coaches. That means having to set aside funds for that inevitability. Men’s basketball is profitable right now. Gotta keep it that way.

Fulmer would love Kara to take it. It’s just trying to convince her to do drop all she’s doing now with the media for a whole new gig.

Kellie is ONE of the front-runners, but is NOT the only one in consideration. Fulmer has his questions about her as well, and trust that all those concerns have been mentioned in pre interviews and will be mentioned again. She’s impressed them so far though, but there’s still a ways to go. Would not be surprised that IF she is hired Fulmer and some alumni Lady Vols might want to have a say in who she brings in as assistants to make sure they have all their bases covered experience wise when it comes to recruiting, knowing the landscape of the SEC, etc.

They are looking at possibilities in the final four. Don’t know who, but there are “a few” they are going to talk to after they exit or win the tournament.”

This part shocked me. Apparently there are a couple men’s coaches/assistant coaches being looked at that have expressed interest. Don’t know if it’ll amount to a hire, but one of those will at least get an interview. I know one of the men’s coaches that have expressed interest, but don’t know the other 2.

Fulmer is going to make the hire he thinks is best. He doesn’t check boards, or Facebook, or blogs, or Twitter, or anything. He’s not swayed. He’ll make the decision that he believes makes the most sense. He comes to the games. He loves the games. He hates losing. He’s not going to hire someone that continues the recent tradition of losing. It embarrassed him just like it embarrasses us. He doesn’t want to be the seen as the driving force of the crashing and burning of the Lady Vols Brand. He would not have fired Holly if he didn’t believe it could be saved.

Cough cough “I still want Jeff” cough cough

In regard to the male coaches being considered, did Bruce Pearl hire someone for his staff at Auburn that worked previously with him at UT? If so, Fulmer might be looking at that person since he would already know them. Just a thought.

Though I would prefer a woman candidate, if the pickings are thin (such that KJH would be the best option), looking to men who have coached on the men's side would be an interesting way to expand the talent pool. Someone who has been successful at a mid major could well view taking over the LVs. with its legacy, as an upward move.

The more time passes from the intitial Kellie Harper announcement the more I am thinking that some still in the tournament (likely an assistant) must be in the serious consideration set.

Unfortunately, I believe we’ll be a victim of bad timing yet again.

There's a few people he needs to call and those two should be on the list.

Let’s be weary of that because ya never know who is asking for n interview just to get their name out there in a effort to get a raise or a longer contract at current school

I'm thinking Shea Ralph may be watching the UNC job to see if it opens since she is originally from North Carolina and her mother was an athlete there at one time.

Well what about Gruden? Doesn’t he have property in East Tn area?
I did see Coach K with a key chain that had a power “T” on it during an interview on t v. Maybe he is tired of men’s college basketball & wants to get a championship on women’s side alao
Maybe he is sending a subliminal sign to Fulmer if Fulmer watched the interview and noticed the key chain
Did y’all know that Bell a Cheat was born in Nashville so he is a Tennessean. I heard that the conflict with Brady, owner getting charged with soliciting & Gronkowski retiring has affected Bill a Cheat, so he wants to completely get out of NFL
Career change. Fulmer supposed to interview him

Stephen Pearl?

In regard to the male coaches being considered, did Bruce Pearl hire someone for his staff at Auburn that worked previously with him at UT? If so, Fulmer might be looking at that person since he would already know them. Just a thought.

Well what about Gruden? Doesn’t he have property in East Tn area?
I did see Coach K with a key chain that had a power “T” on it during an interview on t v. Maybe he is tired of men’s college basketball & wants to get a championship on women’s side alao
Maybe he is sending a subliminal sign to Fulmer if Fulmer watched the interview and noticed the key chain
Did y’all know that Bell a Cheat was born in Nashville so he is a Tennessean. I heard that the conflict with Brady, owner getting charged with soliciting & Gronkowski retiring has affected Bill a Cheat, so he wants to completely get out of NFL
Career change. Fulmer supposed to interview him
Interesting...thanks for your input!

Can't believe people are talking about Kara. She was a great guard at UT and Pro, but as far as I can determine, she has never coached a college game, even as an assistant. I don't think she really wants to coach either, so not a good chioce. I think we can do better than having a learning on the job coach.

I have a feeling the male coaches who may be interviewed are Karl Smesko (FGCU) and possibly Mark Campbell (Oregon Assoc. Head Coach).
What about the other Mark Campbell of Union University? Mark Campbell of Oregon is a very good candidate.

How is everyone missing this:

"This part shocked me. Apparently there are a couple men’s coaches/assistant coaches being looked at that have expressed interest."

If I read this right, Grahamland isn't saying "male coaches," he's saying current coaches of men's basketball programs. Can anyone think of where and when this has happened successfully? Or why Fulmer would even consider this?

As far as someone in the Final Four I think we can rule out Auriemma and McGraw. That leaves Graves and Mulkey -- possible, but doubtful. But assistants Ivey or Ralph could be in play.

A lot of coaches will be in Tampa. And so will a lot of ESPN broadcasters, including Peck and Lawson. (Not to mention Nell Fortner and Andy Landers!) And I'll bet Goestenkors will be there too.

Actually this thread (OP) is the best one I read since I read that Holly was let go.
I just roll my eyes when I read a post saying xxx would be better than yyy or xxx had a poor record 8 years ago, etc., etc., etc..
There is only one opinion I want care about and that is Fulmers. I read posters opinions about specific coaches because most of the posts are idiotic and I have a strange sense of humor reading them.

Reactions: JacketVol
The only one that ever put Jeff in consideration was Jeff himself. I think Ivey is one of the interviews if she is interested. Signing date is coming up April 17th don't think he wants to go beyond that date and needs to reel in Horston if necessary as all last year signees are supposed to be here May 28th. Seems both Saunders and Key are coming regardless of coach have not heard anything from Horston guess she is waiting for the coach to be named.

VN Store

Back