Updates

Yep, always seems to bite us. Do you think the bad timing might be the result of failure to think ahead and be proactive? Do bad decisions lead to what appears to be bad timing or does bad timing lead to bad decisions? Whatever the case, the powers that be at UT often appear to have their heads up their collective arses when it comes to hiring coaches. Hmm, presidents and chancellors also, I might add.

All valid questions. Tennessee is in large part reactive as opposed to proactive. Decisions to make coaching transitions shouldn’t be based on the change itself as much as having confidence that you can replace the existing head coach with someone better.

Alabama is a prime example of this, ie. Nick Saban. They are a byproduct of perfect timing and luck. With that said, so were we with regard to Rick Barnes.

Phillip Fulmer should have had a list of capable replacements for Holly prior to her firing. He shouldn’t be formulating that list now.

My concern is that KJH will be hired based on the fact that she meets two criteria, 1. Former Vol, 2. Current Head Coach.
Pretty small-minded criteria if you ask me.

Last edited:
Just not as gung ho on her as many on hear are. She did not get more than a smell from Vandy from what I was told.

She interviewed at Georgia, it was offered and she decided to pass.

If Vandy didn't interview her it's either because she didn't want the job or it's because they're idiots.

She interviewed at Georgia, it was offered and she decided to pass.

If Vandy didn't interview her it's either because she didn't want the job or it's because they're idiots.
I understand they did!! Never said they were not idiots!

Could be. Still, there's word from FB is he is now very interested in Ivey. Hopefully it's mutual.

tenor.gif

If a person knows there is an issue or problem and does not prepare then it's on the person for not thinking ahead/planning. On the other hand, if an issue or problem arises without notice then a person can fall into a bad timing situation.

Personally, I would place the "Interim" tag on Dean Lockwood before I would hire a coach I was not completely sold on and fully convinced could bring the Lady Vols back to a top tier program. If it takes more time to get the right head coach, I would take the extra time as there is simply no excuse whatsoever for making a half-ass hire.
Agree

I don't give a rats ass about Georgia or taylor. Just made a statement but since you been on the forum for a few days I can already tell you know more than the combined others. So HeatCheck that Mr. Ivey!
Nah I would Prefer Joni, but she's already married. Tho I'd take Niele in a heartbeat. It's sort of like the way I feel about this coaching search. Well, kind of...

VN Store

Back