Update on Henry T

I do not claim to know what's going on with the investigation or where Henry T fits into it. But of things that could factor in... that could be one of them.

It seems odd to me that the firing of Pruitt would be the sum of HT's frustrations. I thought he led a little mini-revolt during last season? Maybe just a rumor I guess?

I just think this is more complex from his side than most here imagine.

If he stays, I hope this staff can teach him how to cover a man downfield.
Hopefully the staff puts him in a better spot to succeed in coverage. There are so many moving parts involved too, because we need a pass rush and can’t expect Henry T to cover his guy downfield for an extended period of time.

Not sure what his teammates are going to think about him not participating in workouts and showing up for spring practice.
He talked with several of his teammates last week from what I am told. They have continued to recruit him back, which is one of the reasons he is here. Based off what I am told, there is reason to believe he is here to stay.

He talked with several of his teammates last week from what I am told. They have continued to recruit him back, which is one of the reasons he is here. Based off what I am told, there is reason to believe he is here to stay.
If he's back for his teammates, he's ready to give his all. Beyond that he's not playing for our opponents, which is better for us.

Lots of people speculated about HT playing on The Hill again. Few were positive while he was in the portal. I for one am very happy he has returned as he is one of the most talented guys playing LB in college football today. That he is returning to Tennessee is a serendipity and says much about the kind of character Henry has, not his father nor any of his family, that Henry has. He is a class young man always has been.

I'm a nobody but if I was a player I wouldn't want him back. He tried to quit on his team.
I understand why you’d say that, but I don’t think it’s that black and white. I think there are a lot of circumstances that we don’t know about . My bigger issue with Henry has always been about where he was most likely transferring, and not that he was transferring.

Give him a break the coach that recruited him just got fired, the program was in upheaval, we're still in the middle of a pandemic lots of crap for a kid to be going thru. He was just looking at his options. People look at new job opportunities all the time, sometimes they leave sometimes the stay: doesn't make them bad people for looking at their options.
I'm a nobody but if I was a player I wouldn't want him back. He tried to quit on his team.

Curious, if HT is Plays this year under CJH and then is found to have accepted impermissible benefits during the Pruitt era, do we get any wins stripped from us? Seems risky if so.

If he participates in spring practice then transfers out, he should 100% have to sit a year or be barred from transferring to in-conference opponents.

Beyond that, it seems like he's gotten really bad guidance from his father throughout this whole situation (assuming he actually made those comments).

Reactions: Nouveaux

VN Store

Back