Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I think these are the ones you're talking about.

college-basketball-closeup-portrait-of-tennessee-bernard-king-at-picture-id81341108
Yep those are the ones.
Even on the throwbacks from the '06 season that @VolsSportsFan brought up the blue looks almost gray to me.
That kind of scheme would be very, very difficult to see on a football jersey.

So I'm in the bucket of no for football, but would be good seeing a men's basketball alternate with more blue like @TrumpedUpVol stated in the We Back Pat week.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
So, will we wear the Smokey Gray AND the Dark Mode unis this year, or just the Gray? Hoping for both at least once.
If we're going to go "alternate", my personal favorite road candidate were the all white with orange shoulders from the artful dodger era. As to the all dark, I vote ditch the gray monstrosity. Take an all black from head to toe and accent it with orange stripes, numbers and face mask on the BLACK helmet. When they wear the traditional helmet with that black jersey and orange pants, it looks cheap somehow. Like we can't afford to go all the way with it or just decided to mix and match. Some variant of the orange/black combo would also be a good look IMO....say toss in an orange jersey with black numbers to go with black pants and helmet. Or go orange pants and black stripes with the black jersey and helmet. Mix 2 colors but not all 3 in the same presentation outside of outlining the white numbers with a little black to help us old folks see 'em better. Now get off my lawn.

Tennessee Announces Return of Smokey Greys

The new initiative will see the Volunteers wear Smokey Grey uniforms for at least one game for each of the next four seasons (2022, '23, '24 and '25), with the potential to scale beyond those years.

Tennessee Athletics in partnership with Nike will unveil a new Smokey Grey uniform design each season beginning in 2023 and continuing through at least 2025. The concepts will honor the past, celebrate the present and embrace the future of Tennessee football.

VN Store

Back