Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

As I said, they don't match the orange jerseys. These are very clearly the white jerseys. It's not as noticeable on the white and gray jersey sets, just like it wasn't really noticeable when the T on the football helmets didn't come close to matching the jerseys.

When you watch on TV, the orange helmets are a couple of shades darker than the orange jerseys. It's fine with me, but the inability to get them to match is still the reason UT doesn't have an orange football helmet.

We would never wear them at home with orange jerseys so it doesn’t matter. It’s to wear on the road occasionally with the white tops and possibly orange pants. Not every road game. Could even do them with the black jerseys.

Needs to happen.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Smokey Grey of some type. Black uniforms are still in the rotation. Will have a dark helmet that goes with each of those. Will still be in the traditional uniforms most of the time, not scheduled to see changes to those.

I'm probably in the minority but I was kind of hoping we had moved on from Smokey Grey. It felt like a Butch Jones era thing. I know the baseball and softball teams still wear their SGs but football and both basketball teams haven't worn any SG for a good while now. Plus the SGs make more sense in baseball/softball because traditionally those away uniforms are a shade of grey.

Also it concerns me a little having 2 alternate uniforms in the mix, I don't want to go the way of Oregon/Oklahoma St. where we end up with more alternate looks than we can even fit into one season. Last season was the best mix of uniforms I've ever seen here. 3 home games with traditional orange/white, 3 home games with all orange, 2 homes with the black alternates, 2 road games with all white, and 2 road games with white/orange, and then all white for the bowl game. Not saying we have to have that breakdown every season but it was nice to see us mix and match more. Having said that, if we do have 2 alternates I'd rather the SGs replace one of the black alternate games and not take a home game from one of the traditional looks.

Thank you!!!

I feel more validated in my opinion on the stupid black outlines with peaygolf on my side

They literally DONT MATCH people!

The T on the helmet had no outlines and then the numbers on the jerseys did! Just terrible.

At the time I liked them, but now when I go back and watch old games I think they look terrible. They look completely out of place considering it was literally only the white jerseys that had the outline. The helmets didn't, the pants had no black, and the home jerseys had no black outline. They actually look cheap now. Same for the stripeless pants, I know many liked them and I get we won a lot in them but I really can't stand them. They look like cheap practice pants.

These #s for the white jerseys
View attachment 445372

I always thought the white outline made the numbers harder to read, so why didn't they just remove that and have it orange against the white like we have now? It's not like I have trouble seeing the numbers today though I'll grant we have HD/4K now and back then it was like watching with my contacts out.

Clemson's orange is darker than ours and theirs doesn't even really match.

16762495.jpeg
Yeah if we have an orange helmet on we will just be like everyone else who wears orange.

Also, if you look at our old away games the white helmet was off white while the jerseys a pristine shade of white

Yeah if we have an orange helmet on we will just be like everyone else who wears orange.

Also, if you look at our old away games the white helmet was off white while the jerseys a pristine shade of white

Man, at about the 2:00 mark when it shows Schnellenberger about to run out with the team that dude is already sweating through his shirt.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Man, at about the 2:00 mark when it shows Schnellenberger about to run out with the team that dude is already sweating through his shirt.
Lol I didn't know he coached them ever!

Louisville was hype for that game against

"National Power Tennessee"

Boy am I ready to hear that again

Reactions: MAD
Listening to Ainge show. Brian Rice mentioned that they are working on a couple different helmet variations. Said doesn’t know if it will happen this year due to supply chain issues. Thought it was interesting enough to share.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Listening to Ainge show. Brian Rice mentioned that they are working on a couple different helmet variations. Said doesn’t know if it will happen this year due to supply chain issues. Thought it was interesting enough to share.
supply chain issues? Sooner or later people are gonna have to start working. . . looks like later. . .

Original thread:

Vol uniform/helmet design discussion (merged)

I liked them....they looked a little tacky and could've been made to look a lot better but it wasn't like Maryland a couple years ago.....and for those saying jerseys can't help win, they can to an extent...they bring excitement which produces adrenaline...they also bring a higher confidence level as stupid as it sounds
Posted via VolNation Mobile
1660237841786.jpeg

VN Store

Back