UNC vs KY

Prepare yourself, UT IE 95. The season's a long one and the Cats will be ready for the Vols. You mentioned the meltdown at Rupp last year. You failed to mention the game the Vols nearly lost to a Cats team that didn't have Patterson at TBA. Not sure what the outcomes will be this year, but Billy Clyde outcoached Pearl twice last year. He'll do it again this year. Y'all put that in your orange pipes and smoke 'em.

Now that's a new low. UK fans resorting to believing Gillispie outcoached Pearl in a loss.

Prepare yourself, UT IE 95. The season's a long one and the Cats will be ready for the Vols. You mentioned the meltdown at Rupp last year. You failed to mention the game the Vols nearly lost to a Cats team that didn't have Patterson at TBA. Not sure what the outcomes will be this year, but Billy Clyde outcoached Pearl twice last year. He'll do it again this year. Y'all put that in your orange pipes and smoke 'em.

Just admit that you're jealous of our coach and move on.

The Cats stumbled out of the gate last year and he was co-coach of the year. I think Billy Clyde's a very good coach. That's no guarantee for success, however. The lights are white hot in Lexington. The expectations are so high, all the time, that it takes more than just X's and O's. Coaching at Kentucky is different than Tennessee. Much like the opposite is true in football. I just hope he can handle it.

The fact that Billy Clyde shared the COY award was a total joke. It was his horrible coaching job to start the season that set up the sparkling turnaround of a 2nd place finish in the East in a down year for the SEC.

it means he looked lost coaching against both VMI and UNC
some of his players did and that probably led to a helpless look, but the guy appeared to have a plan from what I saw.

He knows he has problems to address and knows it will take some time. He has very limited offensive options right now because his team doesn't look to have anyone to break the D down today, by shooting it or driving it. That creates problems for Patterson or just scoring in general.

BigPapaVol- What plan do you think BG had? Only one I saw was been over, here it comes again (BOHICA).

BigPapaVol- What plan do you think BG had? Only one I saw was been over, here it comes again (BOHICA).
I think his plan is that he has to get Liggins ready to play daily to penetrate, pray that Meeks shoots it better and he knows he has to play 50-60 point games.

The new Kentucky Basketball! A shot and a prayer, and playing early Ray Mears basketball. My how the mighty have fallen.
I like Tubby Smith, but the cupboard was relatively bear anteTub.

I don't see the 50-60 point game, limited possessions and tough D as a step back. I see it as a way for team with limited talent to be in every single game they play.

Like I said, early Ray Mears basketball, stay in the game with less talent. And I can hear the ghost of Rupp screaming! I wish I had recorded the cursing of Ray Mears by Big Blue fans, and play it back to them now. Don't get me wrong, Mears was a basketball genius. Maybe BG is too. It's just ironic that KY has resorted to his tactics. BTW, do you believe Ky's freshmen this year are as good as Pearl's (including JUCO)?

Like I said, early Ray Mears basketball, stay in the game with less talent. And I can hear the ghost of Rupp screaming! I wish I had recorded the cursing of Ray Mears by Big Blue fans, and play it back to them now. Don't get me wrong, Mears was a basketball genius. Maybe BG is too. It's just ironic that KY has resorted to his tactics. BTW, do you believe Ky's freshmen this year are as good as Pearl's?
not at this point, but I do believe Miller and Liggins will be horses at some point. Liggins' transition will be a tough one.

VN Store

Back