UNC vs KY

Has anyone heard the condition of the Zeller kid?

He took a nasty fall at the end of that game and appeared to have injured his wrist....That really hurts them with Psycho T already out.

I heard on the radio during my lunch break that they think he is out for the year with a broken wrist.

He is using Porter at PG out of a lack of options, not out of a belief that Porter is any good. His other options are to move Meeks or Liggons out of position, which probably won't fix the PG problem and will weaken him at other positions.

Liggins is listed as a PG on the '08 Rivals recruiting rankings. I'm not saying that his listing on Rivals means he is a natural PG - just saying that I thought that was the position he was brought in to play.

Kentucky should be coach searching for next year. The Gillespie apologists say Tubby ran recruiting in the ground and that's their problem. In college basketball two recruiting classes should put you in position to put a team on the court better than what Kentucky has. That's all on the coach - or lack there of. Tough times for big blue.

Kentucky should be coach searching for next year. The Gillespie apologists say Tubby ran recruiting in the ground and that's their problem. In college basketball two recruiting classes should put you in position to put a team on the court better than what Kentucky has. That's all on the coach - or lack there of. Tough times for big blue.
are you serious? how about 1.25 recruiting classes and they're still young. The other classes following these are very stout.

We need to beat them this year, because it could get rough for the next couple, especially if Patterson stays around.

I heard on the radio during my lunch break that they think he is out for the year with a broken wrist.

Wow....that really hurts them, until Psycho T gets back. That fall was ugly, you could tell the way he landed that it was not good.

Liggins is listed as a PG on the '08 Rivals recruiting rankings. I'm not saying that his listing on Rivals means he is a natural PG - just saying that I thought that was the position he was brought in to play.

And he probably will as the season progresses, as he is the best hope to improve the position. Last night was the first time I've seen him, but at 6'6" and slight, with a Freshman's understanding of the game, they are better off right now with the ball out of his hands than in them.

are you serious? how about 1.25 recruiting classes and they're still young. The other classes following these are very stout.

We need to beat them this year, because it could get rough for the next couple, especially if Patterson stays around.

Yes, I'm serious. They should go searching, but obviously they won't. They look terrible. Absolutely terrible. I watched the game with a UK fan last night and he was mad as hell. Losing to a very good team is OK - the way in which they lose should be unacceptable.

Yes, I'm serious. They should go searching, but obviously they won't. They look terrible. Absolutely terrible. I watched the game with a UK fan last night and he was mad as hell. Losing to a very good team is OK - the way in which they lose should be unacceptable.

Any coach forced to start Michael Porter would have a hard time winning against anyone.

Any coach forced to start Michael Porter would have a hard time winning against anyone.

Agreed. I remain convinced that BCG was the right hire for the Cats; the only question is this: will the UK faithful be patient enough to led him build the program and team his way? And remember, the UK team that came to Knoxville last year and gave UT everything they wanted was a very different team than the one who got drilled by Gardner-Webb at the beginning of the season.

Agreed. I remain convinced that BCG was the right hire for the Cats; the only question is this: will the UK faithful be patient enough to led him build the program and team his way? And remember, the UK team that came to Knoxville last year and gave UT everything they wanted was a very different team than the one who got drilled by Gardner-Webb at the beginning of the season.

Without PP.

interesting how Kentucky fans were saying that B-Maze would be 4th string PG if he went to KY...

they don't even have a PG

They were also making every single shot at 1 second left on the shot clock. That game should have been a blow out by all accounts. They were lucky their prayer shots were answered.

I had my doubts about BCG being the correct hire for Big Blue. I do think that BG is a good coach. Whether he is a great coach, only time will tell. But Kentucky, with its program and resources, should have been able to hire a great coach and not one that they had to gamble on. BG had good teams at AM, even a great team his final year, but much of that greatness should have been shared between BG and the Guard they had (can't remember his name). BG's style of play will never set well with the Blue faithful. He just is not an offensive coach. And as bad as the point guard play is at Ky, why did they not push harder to get Maze, or why did Maze decide not to go there? The answer to that question is quit telling. While Liggins may be an answer in the future, Big Blue could have certainly used Maze to bridge the gap. Liggins and Porter at this point are just terrible. Ky fans moan and complain about the talent pool that Tubby left, and they do have a point. But a really good coach, or a great coach can take that average talent and be competative. While they may not be able to beat a NC, they should hang with them for a while (which didn't happen), and certainly not get beat at home by Gardner Webb and VMI. As bad as I hate Kentucky, the SEC and Tennessee needs a strong Kentucky, and right now I have my doubts about how high BG can take them.

Maze picked UT over UK for the style of play. It also helped that his JUCO coach worked under Pearl at UWM. I love Maze's quote regarding the differences in styles of play between UT and UK.

"If you are handed the keys to a Ferrari and a Range Rover, you take the Ferrari."

I had my doubts about BCG being the correct hire for Big Blue. I do think that BG is a good coach. Whether he is a great coach, only time will tell. But Kentucky, with its program and resources, should have been able to hire a great coach and not one that they had to gamble on. BG had good teams at AM, even a great team his final year, but much of that greatness should have been shared between BG and the Guard they had (can't remember his name). BG's style of play will never set well with the Blue faithful. He just is not an offensive coach. And as bad as the point guard play is at Ky, why did they not push harder to get Maze, or why did Maze decide not to go there? The answer to that question is quit telling. While Liggins may be an answer in the future, Big Blue could have certainly used Maze to bridge the gap. Liggins and Porter at this point are just terrible. Ky fans moan and complain about the talent pool that Tubby left, and they do have a point. But a really good coach, or a great coach can take that average talent and be competative. While they may not be able to beat a NC, they should hang with them for a while (which didn't happen), and certainly not get beat at home by Gardner Webb and VMI. As bad as I hate Kentucky, the SEC and Tennessee needs a strong Kentucky, and right now I have my doubts about how high BG can take them.

Acie Law

You are correct. It was A C Law IV. Kentucky will get better. In fact, I expect both games with them will be hard fought games and we probably will split with them. But it is nice to know that Kentucky's big brag is how they almost beat us last year in Knoxville, and they were playing Mears style basketball (they don't like to hear that). The state of their program reminds me a lot of our football program- proud traditions with average teams and just waiting for the next big recruiting class to save them. Pearl came in, took a very average team, and worked miracles with the players he didn't recruit.

Last edited:
You are correct. It was A C Law IV. Kentucky will get better. In fact, I expect both games with them will be hard fought games and we probably will split with them. But it is nice to know that Kentucky's big brag is how they almost beat us last year in Knoxville, and they were playing Mears style basketball (they don't like to hear that). The state of their program reminds me a lot of our football program- proud traditions with average teams and just waiting for the next big recruiting class to save them. Pearl came in, took a very average team, and worked miracles with the players he didn't recruit.

If UT loses to UK this season it will require a complete coaching and player meltdown just like last season at Rupp. UK is Terrible, with a capital t.

Prepare yourself, UT IE 95. The season's a long one and the Cats will be ready for the Vols. You mentioned the meltdown at Rupp last year. You failed to mention the game the Vols nearly lost to a Cats team that didn't have Patterson at TBA. Not sure what the outcomes will be this year, but Billy Clyde outcoached Pearl twice last year. He'll do it again this year. Y'all put that in your orange pipes and smoke 'em.

Prepare yourself, UT IE 95. The season's a long one and the Cats will be ready for the Vols. You mentioned the meltdown at Rupp last year. You failed to mention the game the Vols nearly lost to a Cats team that didn't have Patterson at TBA. Not sure what the outcomes will be this year, but Billy Clyde outcoached Pearl twice last year. He'll do it again this year. Y'all put that in your orange pipes and smoke 'em.

You guys consistently lose to teams that are of lesser talent...I would not say that CBCG has outcoached anyone recently.

VN Store

Back