UK fans ripping on Neyland

Its funny to hear opposing fans complain about how much we play Rocky Top. That usually means we're beating their a**. Unfortunately, I can't say I've heard Rocky Top much this year having gone to the Florida and Bama games.

Can't argue with much of what I read. Most college stadiums leave a lot to be desired. Ours needs a massive renovation.

If I'am not mistaken, they have been work on most of the things mentioned for several years now. Like the team, give them time.
As to egress and ingress I don't have anymore trouble getting in and out of our house than others I have been to. That is until I start to the car!!!

Absolutely. If we don’t he will most likely end up at Alabama. It’s time to get serious about football.

I love the rivalry. I love making a trip to Neyland a long weekend in Gatlinburg and mingling with Vol fans before the game. Calhoun's is always a treat. However, the stadium experience is very uncomfortable. I'm a tall guy with broad shoulders and have to sit with my shoulders turned sideways and my legs tucked up under my seat. I'm not sure what could be done to make it better short of replacing all the seats and losing about 10K in capacity.

Yeah me too, I just overlook the size of the seats for a few hours. Just like on an airplane, a bus, most stadiums, and so many other places that are built for your average sized human.

Neyland is really awesome for Vol fans as we all know.

The newer section is nice, but the concessions a restrooms are still a pain to access. The older section is horrible.

I wish we had a concorse layout like the Mercedes stadium in Atlanta.
Restroom at each entrance/exit and concessions at each one.

I could pop out of my seat, flush my last beer down, reload with a new beer, and be back in my seat 3-4 plays later.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Maybe the time has come for an all new stadium and maybe that is why Fulmer put a hold on renovations... I like Neyland and played there before the new locker rooms and even then it was old.

I have been to Commonwealth (ahem, Kroger Stadium) and I think it's a little funny that they consider that place "modern". Neyland Stadium needs it's upgrade, especially in certain areas but I think of it like I do Fenway or Wrigley... it's a great place to watch a game and has history behind it - and although this obviously doesn't matter to Kentucky fans - we haven't whored our naming rights out for corporate money. Kroger Stadium? How embarrassing.

don't understand why they talk.....pretty sure only Vandy has a smaller stadium and even on a rainy day when we are terrible we still get more than 67,606. Go big orange
I don’t understand why they talk crap about our stadium either... it does need upgrades, but do they not realize their whole state is a rundown slum? It’s like a family living in a single wide banging on someone’s house they visit not being nice enough.

Simply WOW:eek: I am so glad you have no bearing on the hiring practices at UT.
And your happy with the clowns who have been doing the hiring? I’d take a blind monkey throwing darts at names on a board over our current administration.

Well old iconic stadiums don’t exactly look brand new. If you’re looking for a comfortable quiet place to watch a game Kroger field is probably your place to be. Looks like a nice Texas high school stadium. Minus the grocery store name of course. A “almost won the east that one year” banner would fit great in that “stadium”

Then just stay away.

Or, hear me out here,we go even more and just vocalize how we’d like to see improvements.

The stadium has some great tradition and could be the envy of the country. We just need to be honest that it’s not anywhere it deserves to be. Especially considering the man it’s named after.

Or, hear me out here,we go even more and just vocalize how we’d like to see improvements.

The stadium has some great tradition and could be the envy of the country. We just need to be honest that it’s not anywhere it deserves to be. Especially considering the man it’s named after.
The man it's named after probably wouldn't give two hoots about the facilities for the fans. He'd want to know if the field and players were taken care of. And both of those are first class.

The man it's named after probably wouldn't give two hoots about the facilities for the fans. He'd want to know if the field and players were taken care of. And both of those are first class.

He also probably wouldn’t want it named after him or a giant statue of his likeness outside of it.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back