UK fans ripping on Neyland

The old parts are old. The bathrooms are crap. I recently went to a game at club level. Very nice!

For the copy and paste crowd:

"And you've watched games there on TV, you might be surprised by the interior walkways and concessions and restrooms. Yes, it looks world class on TV, but this is a stadium which began in the 1800's, and the interior has steel girders and utilities that get in the way, and concession stands in sort of awkward or unusual places.
You will not experience much in the way of wide walking paths, or real modern restrooms. If raining, there might be water standing in the bathroom floor, and in the floor of the walkways, even where putatively under cover, etc.
The seats aren't real wide, so be ready to get to know your neighbor.
Frankly, given Krogers' upgrades and relatively modern construction, Neyland is kind of a weird place."

Reactions: Roustabout
Yes, the seats are too small, and yes some of the restrooms need upgrades -- but I've loved the place since listening to John Ward starting in about 1968 and walking into it the first time, luckily for the game when Condredge Holloway returned after an injury, running alone around the north end and the crowd roar growing as everyone noticed him back. (I was a high school student and my girlfriend's father, a UT grad, took us to the game. It was amazing.) That trip from Middle Tennessee, just before I-40 above Rockwood was completed, was so much fun, leaving before dawn and stopping in at Peggy Ann's in Rockwood after coming down old U.S. 70. Used to stop in there on every game trip. Wish it was still there.

And I really hope that we don't let that ugly shade of blue take over the place Saturday. I'm coming for my first game of the year and will be orange and loud -- and full, after visiting two separate alumni functions I was fortunate to be invited to.

PS -- At least our house is named after a UT legend, as opposed to a grocery chain that isn't half as good as Publix.

GBO!

Last edited:
Classic Colosseums construction stand the test of time...

20170622122018_1809886374_10701_0.jpg

NeylandStadium_Overhead_GI_.5807cabd0af71.jpg

And with all that, we still fill up the stadium. I wonder about Kentucky Stadium, anyone been? It usually looks deserted.

I was there in 2007 for the overtime game and last time we sniffed the SEC title game. Honestly, it’s tiny compared to most college stadiums but it’s not bad. I sat right behind the Tennessee bench in Kentucky territory. Other than a few good natured jabs, for the most part the fans were fine too. I always hope we beat Kentucky but we’ve only lost to them twice in my lifetime so it’s hard for me to “hate” them the same way that I do Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

I should note though that I thought that I wasn’t going to get out alive because they were for sure about to rush the field had Seiber made that FG.

Yes Neyland needs upgrades but this just sounds like a few Kentucky fans need to lay off the fast food. Most of the complaints are, I can't fit in my seat or you have to walk up steep walkways.

I'm a skinny guy, and yes the seats are really close together. Especially when 60% of the stadium is obese. Lol.

Regardless, Neyland does need some renovations but it's still a beautiful place.

We can't afford to build a palace for football like Jerry did in Dallass, LOL!

We don't have a spare $1.5 Billion laying around, LOL!

Snowflakes from kenSucky can only dream of having all the WINS and Traditions of a place like Neyland.

Stadium is only 100 years old and was designed to be the best way back then.

There's only so much you can do with a 100 year old stadium and every renovation costs hundreds of Millions of $$$$ so we're working on it a step at a time.

If they don't like our famous stadium then they can STAY HOME!!!

I hope we stomp their team and make them cry all the way home!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back