Tyler Baron in the portal (or not)

OK. Who is the hottest available girl on campus? Somebody introduce them. QUICKLY!

Looking for that NIL money
Really? And you know that how?

There are lots of reasons as an athlete or just a student that someone might have to transfer. I transferred. Many college students do. Sometimes it just isn't what you thought it would be. No one's fault. Your perception just didn't line up with reality. Maybe you ignored things that eventually became important. I went from a tiny HS to NCSU which at the time had the largest enrollment in NC. I wasn't prepared and was completely overwhelmed.

The answer to every question isn't "NIL".

Right now people still get all jacked up. In a few years... it will be the norm. Guys will leave. Guys will come in.

He’s not getting any big NIL money from anywhere. He’s mediocre at best. People aren’t paying for that.

100%. Hit nail on the head. Players think they’re all superstars. The culture we live in. Instant success or I’m out ✌.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I disagree. Baron, when healthy, can/could be a difference maker. Very good athlete in my opinion.

Key words "can/could".

So far he hasn't stayed healthy, and while he's good for us, he'd struggle to be in the top 5 defensive players at many other P5 schools.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Key words "can/could".

So far he hasn't stayed healthy, and while he's good for us, he'd struggle to be in the top 5 defensive players at many other P5 schools.

As much as we are hurting on the defensive side of the ball in regards to talent/depth, it can't be just dismissed as "meh". We don't need to be losing players like this. No he didn't live up to the expectations the fans put on him in 2 years, but the young man can play.

If he hasn't already made a deal he's testing the NIL waters would be my guess. Who can blame him?

As much as we are hurting on the defensive side of the ball in regards to talent/depth, it can't be just dismissed as "meh". We don't need to be losing players like this. No he didn't live up to the expectations the fans put on him in 2 years, but the young man can play.

I'm not dismissing his play, because given our defense at the moment he's one of the better members of the squad, but he's not commanding some massive NIL deal at another school, based on his performance at UT.

I'm not dismissing his play, because given our defense at the moment he's one of the better members of the squad, but he's not commanding some massive NIL deal at another school, based on his performance at UT.
Oh....I would certainly agree with that.

He’s not getting any big NIL money from anywhere. He’s mediocre at best. People aren’t paying for that.
Not yet. As they say follow the money NIL biggest mistake ever by the NCAA or whoever. What ever happened to leveling the playing field?

It's comical how everybody assumes that's the reason for everything.
Exactly...he's a kid. He may be homesick, have a girlfriend he misses at another school. I think the not sitting out a year is causing way more turnover than some mythical NIL bounty.

Reactions: volsack7
Exactly...he's a kid. He may be homesick, have a girlfriend he misses at another school. I think the not sitting out a year is causing way more turnover than some mythical NIL bounty.

Ehhh... he's from Knoxville.

NIL elsewhere highly unlikely.

Dad fired and he's probably also thinking he's underperforming... which he kind of is.

Wish him the best.

VN Store

Back