Tyler Baron in the portal (or not)

I heard on the Tony Basilio Show today that Kentucky offered him an NIL deal, and when he asked UT to match it they were unable to do so. Then apparently Kentucky was unable to follow through with their commitment. His words, not mine. I have no idea if it’s true or not.
BS like this is why I tune out when someone cites Basilio as a source. The guy has done stuff like this repeatedly.

He’s withdrawn his name from the portal. This is huge for us. And huge for him too imo. We are very much a team on the rise and he’s entrenched/established himself as one of the leaders of the defense. And on top of that…this guy is absolutely beloved by our fan base. Every time we’d have a defensive lineman slow to get up this past season (when watching a game) my 13 year old would always be like “don’t be Tyler baron”. Lol. We just really like the kid. Maybe it’s because he’s a local player that’s immediately proven to be elite. Or because he stuck around through the staff turnover. Regardless…he’d be really hard pressed to find the same playing opportunities elsewhere with a fan base that loves the kid like he has here.

I heard on the Tony Basilio Show today that Kentucky offered him an NIL deal, and when he asked UT to match it they were unable to do so. Then apparently Kentucky was unable to follow through with their commitment. His words, not mine. I have no idea if it’s true or not.
I can’t disassociate UK, NIL, and NPA in my brain

I have a question. Does UT football ever catch a break, especially on the recruiting end? I don't think I have ever seen a team with such bad luck. But all good things happen to UGA, Bama A&M, Kentucky etc....... and just about anybody else not named UT. It's frustrating as hell.

OK my morning rant is done;)

Pro is somehow better? Lol

Who knows what his reasons are. @LWS_Vol you heard anything?
I'm not saying pro is better, it has just become more interesting to me now and that hasn't been the case for 30 years. UT being so bad for so many years has probably skewed my judgement some along with my team in the NFL being pretty good for several years.

I have a question. Does UT football ever catch a break, especially on the recruiting end? I don't think I have ever seen a team with such bad luck. But all good things happen to UGA, Bama A&M, Kentucky etc....... and just about anybody else not named UT. It's frustrating as hell.

OK my morning rant is done;)

One that comes to mind is the very late attempt to secure Josh Dobbs as a VOL.... that worked out pretty well.

He’s withdrawn his name from the portal. This is huge for us. And huge for him too imo. We are very much a team on the rise and he’s entrenched/established himself as one of the leaders of the defense. And on top of that…this guy is absolutely beloved by our fan base. Every time we’d have a defensive lineman slow to get up this past season (when watching a game) my 13 year old would always be like “don’t be Tyler baron”. Lol. We just really like the kid. Maybe it’s because he’s a local player that’s immediately proven to be elite. Or because he stuck around through the staff turnover. Regardless…he’d be really hard pressed to find the same playing opportunities elsewhere with a fan base that loves the kid like he has here.
Elite?

So freaking happy this guy is staying. Huge win for us. We literally cannot afford to lose anyone. There is not a single positive right now from us losing anyone on defense.

Reactions: Alto1
I think he’s a really solid sec defender. I guess maybe elite at this juncture is a stretch. But I’d rank him as our no1 edge rusher (over both young and Harrison)
Harrison yes , Young Heck no , RG w a full spring and off-season w him , will be our best DL next fall. Mark it down

VN Store

Back