Tyler Baron in the portal (or not)

Wasn't Baron starting until about Game 4 or 5, when Byron Young took over?

It's not totally irrational for him to decide that he could display what he's capable of much better on a team that has stronger DT play, and whose defense is not on the field 2/3 of every game, so he could be at his best on each play.

Reactions: Lemme_axya_this
His dad was removed from the staff and he enters portal within 30 minutes of it being announced. Not really rocket science as to why.
That's interesting. A few years back I got a report that one of the managers who worked for me was stealing things including gasoline. I investigated and eventually found proof. The value of what we caught him taking was enough to make it a Class B felony. We had the police pick him up on site. Unfortunately, his wife was our office manager and was very good at her job. Both indicated she knew nothing about it.

He was obviously fired but in the end HR determined that there was too much risk of her carrying a grudge or having split loyalties once legal proceedings started. We gave her a year's severance and let her go as well.

It is very possible that even as talented as Baron may be... they considered it too much of a risk to keep him in the locker room after letting his dad go.

All I know is that if you want to play for Rodney Garner, you better bring it every second of every day. I don't know if Baron had an issue with work ethic or not, but think about all the 5 star DL that went to Auburn and flamed out. There is a reason for that, and I think CRGs style is not for everybody.

I personally would rather have less talented guys that are willing to do it CRGs way than a bunch of blue chippers that don't. It has worked everywhere he has been, and not always with 5 star guys. I suspect there is a reason why some of the DL recruits were not pursued as heavily as we might think they should have been. No need to bring in a guy that isn't going to work as hard as we need them to.

Again, not saying that applies to Baron, but I'd say that if CRG wanted him to stay, he would have convinced him to stay.

Can we just create a new forum called "Portal and NIL"? Seems like every thread ends up talking about Portal crap or NIL garbage or a combo of the both

Well its not like he was dominating or anything. He took a lot of plays off. I hate to lose players but if they dont want to be here then see ya

Sounds like Garner & Baron just needed to go their separate ways.

Not sure if it's been said already. He's a bit of a tweener.

Still a very good football player. Sucks to lose him, but we need more explosive ability off the edge...

Reactions: So.ProVOL

VN Store

Back